British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield v Edinburgh 23/08/18

SHEFFIELD: Charles Wright, James Shanes, Kasper Andersen, Todd Kurtz, Kyle Howarth, Connor Mountain, Broc Nicol.

EDINBURGH: Ricky Wells, Victor Palovaara, Josh Pickering, Richie Worrall, Erik Riss, William Lawson, Joel Andersson.

12 hours ago, jenga said:

sheff  , JUST. 

Here's hoping , would love a Sheffield win ;)

• Like 1

Don’t think it will be an easy away win as many are predicting. Could go either way.

Not Riss or Worrall best tracks for scoring points, with it also being a track Joel hasn’t been to we need him to be scoring points right from the start especially being at reserve. 

If we want to make the play offs we must win tomorrow night imo anything less then season could well be over.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Broc at reserve could be a trump card if he can find his early form, if he can win heat 2 it could set him up for a good night.

a lot will depend on the type of track.

if we have an outside line for once we will have a chance, if the track has been like the last few weeks, and our gating is like the last few weeks we will struggle

It’s always when people think we should win that we blow it. The boys know what is at stake but I fear for our tale end.

Can only hope for a good meeting and all safe at the end. Fingers & toes crossed and good luck to the Monarchs 7

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

It’s always when people think we should win that we blow it. The boys know what is at stake but I fear for our tale end.

Can only hope for a good meeting and all safe at the end. Fingers & toes crossed and good luck to the Monarchs 7

I fear I have to agree with you. 

Phew!! Glad they managed to stop the rot(ish) for the last meeting.

Missed this and the last couple of meetings due to work and holidays, hoping that we come back bigger and better next year.

But of a frustrating night. Every time we got ourselves in a wining position we handed a 5-1 back the next race. Poor from Erik Ricky and Ritchie to inconsistent also. Would’ve went with Pickering in heat rather than Worrall. 

Feels a bit like a loss being 4 up going into heat 15 but happily take the 2 points.

Fair result in the end.Disapointed with Broc,he just doesn't look anywhere near as fast as he was.If he can regain his early form he would be a steal at reserve next season.Well done to the track staff.Is there only one person who can drive a tractor amongst them ? Surely we could have had the track prepared quicker if there was ? Kasper is looking a possibility for next season,quite impressed with him.It will be interesting to see how we perform in our last 2 meetings as it looks nailed on for the wooden spoon.Hope Conner is OK after his nasty spill.

After the last few weeks, getting a 5 - 1 in the last heat to get a draw, is definitely a point gained, rather than two lost!

I agree with Charlieboy, I also thought that Broc would be better at reserve, don't know if it's equipment or confidence.

I definitely would like to see Kasper back, he would be a steal at second string on the basis of what I've seen in these last two home meetings. 

popped over last night for this meeting a fear the worst when i walk in to see about 100 folk kicking the track!!!

well done to all for getting the meeting on,was a good meeting and track was good,maybe could have started 30 mins earlier looking how the track quickly dried out and how it rode

fair play to Sheff for a battling display afte recent results,i was impressed by the Danish lad,could turn out a fine rider him

felt the visitors missed a trick in heat 15 though not using Riss or Pickering