British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Somerset Rebels v Leicester Lions, Weds 22nd August 2018

Well, another away fixture on the bounce.... Can't help with averages.... Will/can the Lions nick this one? It's ruddy overdue... I'll go 42 to 48 in favour of the Lions!! Strongest team in the league!!!! 

• Haha 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Well if the track is anything like Monday it'll suit Hans Andersen down to the ground - assuming he's riding and not required in Denmark?!

Edited by Skidder1

I've only just got round to watching the recording. A decent meeting, shame there was no outside line but still better viewing than the Poole meeting.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Leicester's Website doesn't yet provide a preview to tonight's meeting, so it just goes to show the interest shown from everyone. It's a racers track so maybe they can make a fist of it, Scotty has a point to prove after Monday night so if they can keep it within 6 I'd be chuffed.

For me the season can't finish quick enough as it's quickly escalated downwards to being a massive disappointment when there was so much hope at the beginning. I feel the club, management, supporters & the riders have had no luck whatsoever. Not at anytime have all the riders been on it at the same time and Hans I feel the most sorry for as he's ridden brilliantly home & away, no question Rider of the Season. (But then he's entitled to be, because he's the only original member).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well if the track is anything like Monday it'll suit Hans Andersen down to the ground - assuming he's riding and not required in Denmark?!

Doubt there will be much of an outside line tonight with Charles being back in town

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

'Cases' Somerset Rebels: 1.Jason Doyle (capt), 2.Aaron Summers, 3.Nico Covatti, 4.Richard Lawson, 5.Jack Holder, 6.Jake Allen, 7.Bradley Wilson-Dean.

‘Watling JCB’ Leicester Lions: 1.Hans Andersen, 2.Ricky Wells, 3.Charles Wright, 4.Stuart Robson, 5.Scott Nicholls, 6.Connor Mountain, 7.Josh Auty.

Crazy sue. Put in your search engine speedway updates follow the link for Somerset rebels v leicester lions there will be updates live there...

28 minutes ago, Cross Roads said:

Crazy sue. Put in your search engine speedway updates follow the link for Somerset rebels v leicester lions there will be updates live there...

Not unless she gets a Texter!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Certainly an incident-packed meeting with a punch up in the pits between Lawson and Andersen (the latter, although slower, was strangely trying to block Richard and they almost came to grief) and then that horrendous crash that caused the meeting to be abandoned due to four air fence panels being deflated. Allen seemed to tangle with Josh Auty and got thrown up in the air and onto his back before tumbling, whilst Auty's throttle jammed and he headed off into the fence collecting Lawson as he went. Robson escaped it all on the inside. Horrible to watch.

A shame as the racing had been fantastic up to that point despite not being a close contest.

crash.jpg

That looks bad but everyone was OK according to the updates.