British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow, SGB Championship, 24th August, 2018, 7.30pm

6 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

One lesson for Glasgow management tonight - DON'T MESS WITH RIDING ORDER!
1) Harris and Starke didn't know where each other were most of the time 
2) If you put a rider at a different number make sure he knows what gate he takes his first ride from. Vissing went to the wrong gate for his first ride and was told to move by the start marshall and rather than turn round he went on to the centre green and got excluded.

On another note why did the Edinburgh management only choose to show replays of certain exclusions? In ht9 it appeared that Vissing was pushed wide and taken down to the extent that an Edinburgh rider slowed down expecting the race to stopped before the red light came on. Vissing was, in many fans of both teams wrongly excluded. The replay wasn't shown.
Later on Riss was rightly excluded after locking up and falling on his own and the replay shown on the big screen several times. Then in ht 15 many thought Wells was taken down but the ref invited 3 back (Worrall had already been excluded). The replay of the Wells incident was shown several times showing he was taken down. Were Edinburgh trying to influence the ref it has to be asked.
Surely a rule has to be brought in saying it's either all or no replays?

I'm pretty sure there was a replay of the ht9 incident but can't be totally sure. No argument that Vissing was pushed wide - Worrall had a chat with Pickering at the gate and you got the feeling that was going to be his plan. I don't think he took him down though.

I don't think replays would be shown before the ref makes his decision. The call for all three back in ht15 was made pretty quickly.

Edited by JanAnderson

Don’t see Monarchs winning at Glasgow on Sunday. Forecast not looking too great.

16 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

I'm pretty sure there was a replay of the ht9 incident but can't be totally sure. No argument that Vissing was pushed wide - Worrall had a chat with Pickering at the gate and you got the feeling that was going to be his plan. I don't think he took him down though.

I don't think replays would be shown before the ref makes his decision. The call for all three back in ht15 was made pretty quickly.

From where we were on the 3rd bend it looked like Vissing was taken down and as I said  Richie started slowing down before the red lights came on almost as if he knew there had been contact and he expected something.

I have to say I thought the ref was slow at putting on the red lights at time tonight especially in the NJLRC and  it was poor that he did not stop the race when one of the riders got his helmet peak caught on the tapes (though I don't don't know if it was the official match ref who officiated that part of the evening).

Also thought medics were too slow in getting to Greg Millar after his bad fall.

Edited by cinderfella
Addition

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Don’t see Monarchs winning at Glasgow on Sunday. Forecast not looking too great.

Certainly don't see Glasgow winning based on that performance. Apart from guest Ben Barker only Paul Starke could hold his head high.
Lots of questions to be asked of Glasgow management and decisions taken this year on and off track.

8 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Full marks to BB tonight. The real Ben turned up thank goodness otherwise it could have ended up much worse. 
Would be Glad to see him back at Ashfield on that form.

Harris really is taking the p#ss out of Glasgow.Imo

There will be no thought of retirement like he was intimating when making excuses at the middle of the season.How a rider of his expieriance can have so much bike trouble is beyond me.!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

There will be no thought of retirement like he was intimating when making excuses at the middle of the season.How a rider of his expieriance can have so much bike trouble is beyond me.!

He has 'allegedly' told Poole fans he is fed up with the travel.
Glasgow certainly got rid of the wrong guys when they let Richie go and yet another season where we've carried a passenger at reserve.

Like him or loathe him Ben Barker on song is great to watch. No one could fault his efforts tonight.

Always liked Bomber and thought he had turned a corner recently but struggled tonight. Sad to see. Still think he can beat anybody on hid day at Glasgow.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris has continually blamed everyone but himself for seasons now it's always been someone else's fault for his poor performances 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

He has 'allegedly' told Poole fans he is fed up with the travel.
Glasgow certainly got rid of the wrong guys when they let Richie go and yet another season where we've carried a passenger at reserve.

So is Paul Starke if you believe the grape vine. 

Neither will be back next year time for another new 1 - 7 , makes you wonder who is selecting the riders to represent us.

But eveything will be fine again.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Well Ben didn't disappoint. Thanks Ben don't think even Cookie would have scored much more.

Pity the rest couldn't follow his example on how to put maximum effort in.

Not that i have mentioned Chris Harris or Claus Vissing but i think we all know that.

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Neither will be back next year time for another new 1 - 7 , makes you wonder who is selecting the riders to represent us.

Think maybe Paul is finding the flying up to home meeting a bit more expensive than expected. Think it would be safe to assume he will be back at Peterborough next year based on his guest outing for them recently.
If all the talk of Glasgow changing leagues is true all I can say is the NL will be slightly better off :D

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Think maybe Paul is finding the flying up to home meeting a bit more expensive than expected. Think it would be safe to assume he will be back at Peterborough next year based on his guest outing for them recently.
If all the talk of Glasgow changing leagues is true all I can say is the NL will be slightly better off :D

Alway's enjoyed going to Stoke.

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

George Stancl must be doing his engine's.

Only thing it can be but only his Championship bikes .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

One lesson for Glasgow management tonight - DON'T MESS WITH RIDING ORDER!
1) Harris and Starke didn't know where each other were most of the time 
2) If you put a rider at a different number make sure he knows what gate he takes his first ride from. Vissing went to the wrong gate for his first ride and was told to move by the start marshall and rather than turn round he went on to the centre green and got excluded.

On another note why did the Edinburgh management only choose to show replays of certain exclusions? In ht9 it appeared that Vissing was pushed wide and taken down to the extent that an Edinburgh rider slowed down expecting the race to stopped before the red light came on. Vissing was, in many fans of both teams wrongly excluded. The replay wasn't shown.
Later on Riss was rightly excluded after locking up and falling on his own and the replay shown on the big screen several times. Then in ht 15 many thought Wells was taken down but the ref invited 3 back (Worrall had already been excluded). The replay of the Wells incident was shown several times showing he was taken down. Were Edinburgh trying to influence the ref it has to be asked.
Surely a rule has to be brought in saying it's either all or no replays?

The Vissing exclusion was shown on the bling screen several times. Ritchie moved him out didn’t touch him still had room but he straightened up a bit and went down. 

Anyway track was back back to normal so that was good to see. Non contest really. Ta for Ritchie Worrall. Lucky the score wasn’t more in the end.

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Both  Harris and Starke would be more than welcome back at Peterborough if only we could  fit them in.