British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow, SGB Championship, 24th August, 2018, 7.30pm

9 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Don’t see Monarchs winning at Glasgow on Sunday. Forecast not looking too great.

If it beats beats the weather ,think Monarchs will win.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If it beats beats the weather ,think Monarchs will win.

Edinburgh will win this tomorrow they are at this moment a far superior team to us and I expect them to reach the play off's , and heaven forbid they may actually win it with there big home advantage.

We are what we are a mid-table side with aspirations to be more , big thing for me this season is the lack of leadership there is none , this has to be addressed with a team manager in place during the winter that is given free reign to pick the team and not the promoted fan we have presently.

As for Bomber I think if we offered him a way out right now he would bite your hand off for it he is doing himself & Glasgow no favours , and as for Vissing it is just the same old from him, all in all the season has just been another nothing season really.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Both  Harris and Starke would be more than welcome back at Peterborough if only we could  fit them in.

You would have room if Scotty moved back to Ipswich as the usual season ending rumour mill grinds into action lol

24 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Edinburgh will win this tomorrow they are at this moment a far superior team to us and I expect them to reach the play off's , and heaven forbid they may actually win it with there big home advantage.

We are a what we are a mid-table side with aspirations to be more , big thing for me this season is the lack of leadership there is none , this has to be addressed with a team manager in place during the winter that is given free reign to pick the team and not the promoted fan we have presently.

As for Bomber I think if we offered him a way out right now he would bite your hand off for it he is doing himself & Glasgow no favours , and as for Vissing it is just the same old from him, all in all the season has just been another nothing season really.

Think the writing was on the cards from our first home meeting when Richie went through the tapes in ht 1 and Sarj was sent out to replace him BEFORE the team manager had made a decision on whether he was going off 15m or not.

Need either Stewart Dickson (and I was never his greatest fan after way Ian Steel was treated) or Michael Max (one of the most knowledgeable guys in speedway) as team manager as current one is tactically naive to say least.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We are a what we are a mid-table side with aspirations to be more , big thing for me this season is the lack of leadership there is none , this has to be addressed with a team manager in place during the winter that is given free reign to pick the team and not the promoted fan we have presently.

It was clear from day one that another top heavy team with a very weak end would do little as it did the previous season. It turned out that the top end would be just as weak as the bottom.

Harris has been utterly woeful and insulted the fans with his incessant mechanical issues and poor performances. By being allowed to continue he has by default made a mockery of the owners. It was widely speculated we tried to replace him during May and June but signing him in the first place was the problem.

Worrall as it turned out wasnt strong enough to carry it at 1 or 5 all season, as Edinburgh will find out next year when they dispense with Wells and his 9+ average.

Vissing is what he is, just like Sarjeant, we cant act all surprised when they perform like they do.

I've been super critical of the team structure all season, in particular the reserve make up but look at the teams which have turned us over, they often have a decent reserve who outperforms at home, Lambert at PB, Andersson at Edinburgh, Pijper/NBJ at Berwick, Jensen/Campton at Worky etc. Why do we overlook this when building a team. We could have had Pijper on 4.23 at the start of the season instead of Sarjeant. Anyway yesterdays result has confirmed what we knew for most of the season.

Now if we could just roll over home and away to Ipswich!

I feared the worst about Harris for last night after his pitiful performance at Somerset's televised meeting on Monday . 

Even George Stancl could get his engines going more often than Bomber . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I feared the worst about Harris for last night after his pitiful performance at Somerset's televised meeting on Monday . 

Even George Stancl could get his engines going more often than Bomber . 

And he ended up at Edinburgh - maybe Bomber will too and give us some hope :)

A good night to be a Monarchs fan but I expected a more spirited, hard fought match from the Tiggers. Good job the wee bulldog turned up and got a bit of help from Starkey. 

Hope tomorrow’s forecast changes or an early call-off would be appreciated

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

You would have room if Scotty moved back to Ipswich as the usual season ending rumour mill grinds into action lol

Can't see that happening to be honest as Ged has gone the extra mile to get Scotty on board in the first place  and has been instrumental with assistance for up to date equipment and they seem to have built up a very good relationship . Apart from being a Panthers asset who i'm sure they will be in no hurry to part with, but I'm sure Panthers would be interested in taking young Drew Kemp off witches in a swap deal.

• Haha 1

Just having a thought about last nights meeting Edinburgh, who of course own Cookie, must have been laughing when they agreed to let him race for Glasgow knowing he wouldn't be available for the derby league clash at Armadale and although being the highest averaged rider in the league the choice of guests would have been limited.

3 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Can't see that happening to be honest as Ged has gone the extra mile to get Scotty on board in the first place  and has been instrumental with assistance for up to date equipment and they seem to have built up a very good relationship . Apart from being a Panthers asset who i'm sure they will be in no hurry to part with, but I'm sure Panthers would be interested in taking young Drew Kemp off witches in a swap deal.

Young Master Kemp seems to be the latest hot prospect. I just hope that he is given time to mature at a sensible pace and not too much pressure is put on him.

Look forward to seeing him in action against Glasgow.

Edited by cinderfella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Young Master Kemp seems to be the latest hot prospect. I just hope that he is given time to mature at a sensible pace and not too much pressure is put on him.

Certainly one for the future , like yourself I hope he gets the correct guidance and remembers how to react to  the needs of fans, club and most  importantly not try and rush things as having the gift and being able to apply it correctly are two different things. Looks a fine prospect to me.

Even a towering talent like Robert Lambert needed five years to get to world-class from his NL debut.

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Even a towering talent like Robert Lambert needed five years to get to world-class from his NL debut.

But the young Poles don't seem to need that time. Why is that I wonder?

21 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Look forward to seeing him in action against Glasgow.

Thats what happens when you follow the money, as opposed to where you would be better served for your future.