British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow, SGB Championship, 24th August, 2018, 7.30pm

Well done to Edinburgh certainly done a number on us tonight , they will beat anyone over 2 legs in the play offs.

For us thankfully it seems Ben Barker rode well as did Starke , we can forget the play off's we are just not good enough, back to the drawing board.

• Like 2

If only glasgow had a team manger that could bring out the best in his team.......oh wait they did ☺️

Edited by Survivor

18 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Why was vissing excluded in his first ride?

He squeezed round the tapes to go back to the pits and got excluded for going on the infield 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

He squeezed round the tapes to go back to the pits and got excluded for going on the infield 

If track staff wont lift the tapes riders need to just ride through them in these circumstances

Cant be excluded for that before the green lights come on surely......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

ahh , done a razzer eh !

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

If track staff wont lift the tapes riders need to just ride through them in these circumstances

Cant be excluded for that before the green lights come on surely......

just who is Shirley ?

Just now, jenga said:

just who is Shirley ?

Crabtree (not Nigel)

Good job the much maligned Ben Barker rode well as a guest otherwise it could have been a much bigger defeat.

• Like 1

Very poor from Glasgow tonight and in particular Harris and Vissing. Best i've seen Barker at Armadale too - was very quick. Solid Monarchs performance but they weren't tested much. Sunday should be interesting.

I thought the NJLRC second half was brilliant. Some great styles on show from in particular Archie Freeman and Luke Harrison. Once Ace Pijper go going i though he looked smooth too. Shout out to Caydin Martin who has some amount of bottle at the age of eight to fire round a speedway track!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Very poor from Glasgow tonight and in particular Harris and Vissing. Best i've seen Barker at Armadale too - was very quick. Solid Monarchs performance but they weren't tested much. Sunday should be interesting.

I thought the NJLRC second half was brilliant. Some great styles on show from in particular Archie Freeman and Luke Harrison. Once Ace Pijper go going i though he looked smooth too. Shout out to Caydin Martin who has some amount of bottle at the age of eight to fire round a speedway track!

I honestly believe you will turn us over on Sunday also , very solid look about Edinburgh after the changes.

Whilst we decided to go the lets make ourselves weaker route instead but everythings ok apparently. 

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I honestly believe you will turn us over on Sunday also , very solid look about Edinburgh after the changes.

Whilst we decided to go the lets make ourselves weaker route instead but everythings ok apparently. 

James Sargeant would drive me insane as a Glasgow rider. Surely too much of a liability to consider for next season? Starke improved as the meeting went on although quite lucky not to be excluded in ht15 i'd say.

There's no doubt Edinburgh are stronger now with Worrall. Palovaara while not flashy will score a steady amount of points and there is very little pressure on Lawson too if Joel keeps up his good form. A lot to be positive about heading to the business end of the season.

• Like 1

One lesson for Glasgow management tonight - DON'T MESS WITH RIDING ORDER!
1) Harris and Starke didn't know where each other were most of the time 
2) If you put a rider at a different number make sure he knows what gate he takes his first ride from. Vissing went to the wrong gate for his first ride and was told to move by the start marshall and rather than turn round he went on to the centre green and got excluded.

On another note why did the Edinburgh management only choose to show replays of certain exclusions? In ht9 it appeared that Vissing was pushed wide and taken down to the extent that an Edinburgh rider slowed down expecting the race to stopped before the red light came on. Vissing was, in many fans of both teams wrongly excluded. The replay wasn't shown.
Later on Riss was rightly excluded after locking up and falling on his own and the replay shown on the big screen several times. Then in ht 15 many thought Wells was taken down but the ref invited 3 back (Worrall had already been excluded). The replay of the Wells incident was shown several times showing he was taken down. Were Edinburgh trying to influence the ref it has to be asked.
Surely a rule has to be brought in saying it's either all or no replays?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MD said:

Appreciate your honesty. Hopefully BB does a turn.

Well Ben didn't disappoint. Thanks Ben don't think even Cookie would have scored much more.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:34 AM, Fromafar said:

It really depends on which Barker turns up,he is worth the admission money alone when in the mood and a decent bike.

Full marks to BB tonight. The real Ben turned up thank goodness otherwise it could have ended up much worse. 
Would be Glad to see him back at Ashfield on that form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1