British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

31 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If it’s true both Somerset reserves are missing, it’s a shame but to be honest they wouldn’t score many points anyway against our reserves. As FB said, they hardly troubled the scorers after heat 2.

If it had been Holder or Doyle missing it would have had a bigger impact. Zack W shouldn’t be available due to 7 day rule? 

Still be extremely close.

Does the 7 day rule apply as he was riding for his own club:unsure:

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Fluke or not,it happened and could happen again.It didn't really look like a fluke to me,the Somerset lads gated and were untroubled after that.

Woryna really messed up in that race and although I agree it could happen again it is very unlikely.

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If it’s true both Somerset reserves are missing, it’s a shame but to be honest they wouldn’t score many points anyway against our reserves. As FB said, they hardly troubled the scorers after heat 2.

If it had been Holder or Doyle missing it would have had a bigger impact. Zack W shouldn’t be available due to 7 day rule? 

Ned Payne tweeted  that they won't be riding cos of their injuries, so I think it's pretty certain!

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Somerset are the only team whose reserves have scored on a par with Pooles in all of Pooles recent home meetings so the loss of those 2 is huge but Poole can only beat what is in front of them.

27/6 Poole v Somerset.................Pooles reserves 12 ....Somersets 14...........Poole lose by 5

13 /8 Poole v Somerset...........8 - 8.........Poole win by 4

Then if we look at other teams at Poole

4/7 Belle Vue 19-3  .....Poole win by 19

25/7 Leicester 21-7.....Poole win by 26

1/8 Kings Lynn 22-5.....Poole win by 32

9/8 Leicester 9-5 (abandoned after heat 10)....Poole 20 ahead

22/8 Swindon 17-4..... Poole win by 18

Its quite clear Poole are winning matches due to their reserve strength and Somerset seem to be the only team who have reserves that can match Poole ....big loss and an easy Poole win now.

Well the track is due to get a proper natural soaking on Sunday so lets hope there is sufficient time Monday morning to get it sorted.

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

Tero Aarnio and NBJ 

Correct not confirmed yet

Just now, ray c said:

Correct not confirmed yet

Depends who you get your info from!!! :t:

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well the track is due to get a proper natural soaking on Sunday so lets hope there is sufficient time Monday morning to get it sorted.

I was thinking that when I saw the 'wet and windy' forecast for Sunday! JD will not like it!! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends who you get your info from!!! :t:

Ned Payne said he heard 'whispers' it could be them. But seeing he's said so on twitter I'm guessing he's pretty confident about it! 

On 8/23/2018 at 7:53 PM, Starman2006 said:

Then what do you want, tell me and i'l tell Gerrald how to prepare it then ? Be careful what you wish for..

How many fans does the main stand hold

On 8/23/2018 at 7:50 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

You can se the crowd yourself in the video clip I posted on the Poole v Swindon clip at the end of the race. 

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

Fluke or not,it happened and could happen again.It didn't really look like a fluke to me,the Somerset lads gated and were untroubled after that.

how can it be a fluke ... Allen hole shoted 3 times ,Woryna caused the stoppage twice ... should’ve been excluded...

13 hours ago, tellboy said:

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Ned Payne said he heard 'whispers' it could be them. But seeing he's said so on twitter I'm guessing he's pretty confident about it! 

Bearing in mind the matchday programme has to be printed for Monday, where do you think Ned gets his info from?!;)

Edited by Skidder1