British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't know what illness but apparently wasn't going to ride at Workington due to an illness.

Again, as i said in another post. He will need a med cert.

Wolves were hit last year , can’t remember it happening to Poole in 2016??? Oh yes that’s right Hans Andersen was replaced by a gp rider!!!!

And shovlar likens that to Belle Vue losing Bewley......not the same at all

18 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Again, as i said in another post. He will need a med cert.

Well he got one as lakeside was using r/r last night Somerset can have either r/r or guest  tomorrow morning Dr

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

Non-speedway illnesses mean a mandatory 7 day absence. The press release states that Lawson (and Allen and BWD) will miss Monday's and Wednesday's meetings!!

NBJ and Aarnio over a point lower combined Championship averages than BWD and Allen, coupled with that their relative unfamiliarity with the Poole circuit this season and it’s difficult to see how Somerset are anything other than weaker at reserve. Lawson should be well covered though by the look of it.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Those two guest reserves are better than Allen and BWD, looking at their championship scores. As for greebo missing, he rarely does much at Poole so Somerset could yet again benefit. Edit Skidder just beat me to it.

The track is getting one hell of a watering today. Might need the track staff in when it stops to pump all the water off and give it a chance to dry overnight.

Not so sure. Don't know how many times the 2 guests have ridden Poole this season.

Last time the Rebels where there BWD scored 5, Allen 2+1 and Lawson 8.

The time before... BWD 5 (riding at 3) Allen 6 and Lawson 7.

Not earth shattering I agree, but I can't see Somerset being stronger with 3 riders out.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not so sure. Don't know how many times the 2 guests have ridden Poole this season.

Last time the Rebels where there BWD scored 5, Allen 2+1 and Lawson 8.

The time before... BWD 5 (riding at 3) Allen 6 and Lawson 7.

Not earth shattering I agree, but I can't see Somerset being stronger with 3 riders out.

Lawson r/r means more points for Somerset. Even Holder can take a ride.  Plus a t/r if needed. So 7 rides for Holder? Summers and Covatti also get a ride. Surely better than Lawson.

The form of the two reserve guests in the championship show plenty of double figures. Both Jakobsen and Woryna need to be on it from heat two.

With all the rain today I expect the track to be heavy and deeper than usual. 

Get there early. Big crowd expected and car park will be fully very early as will the grandstand.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Well he got one as lakeside was using r/r last night Somerset can have either r/r or guest  tomorrow morning Dr

Only stating facts...  Grumpy.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Only stating facts...  Grumpy.

So am i clever dick 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson r/r means more points for Somerset. Even Holder can take a ride.  Plus a t/r if needed. So 7 rides for Holder? Summers and Covatti also get a ride. Surely better than Lawson.

The form of the two reserve guests in the championship show plenty of double figures. Both Jakobsen and Woryna need to be on it from heat two.

With all the rain today I expect the track to be heavy and deeper than usual. 

Get there early. Big crowd expected and car park will be fully very early as will the grandstand.

You can't use the Holder 7 ride thing. He only gets 1 ride for Lawson, so 5 rides.. The other 2 rides he "might" get, he could of got them anyway, even if Somerset had a full team.

Lawson 8 from 4 last visit.  .So lets say , Holder 2, Covatti 1, Summers 1 and 1 other.?... That seems fair.. Last visit Summers scored 2 and Covatti 5.. Holder 9 from 6 rides.

I can't see any benefit using RR for Lawson myself.

Poole win for me, but the track could play a part.

Edited by Bald Bloke

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You can't use the Holder 7 ride thing. He only gets 1 ride for Lawson, so 5 rides.. The other 2 rides he "might" get, he could of got them anyway, even if Somerset had a full team.

Holder can have 5 rides inc heat 15, plus an r/r ride, plus using a r/r ride as a t/r. So Holder is likely to have 7 rides tomorrow if Somerset find themselves 6 down. Alternatively one of Lawsons r/r rides can be used by Doyle as a t/r, so any way you look t it Somerset are better off without greebo. Holder, Doyle, Covatti and Summers.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Holder can have 5 rides inc heat 15, plus an r/r ride, plus using a r/r ride as a t/r. So Holder is likely to have 7 rides tomorrow if Somerset find themselves 6 down. Alternatively one of Lawsons r/r rides can be used by Doyle as a t/r, so any way you look t it Somerset are better off without greebo. Holder, Doyle, Covatti and Summers.

If Somerset are, in the unlikely case, 6 points down then surely Gazza would look to cover a R/R ride with JD rather than Jack? Not sure if you have found Jake's CL scores for Scunny but he has plenty of double figure scores there! NBJ is currently a CL reserve too!!

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can't count Doyle. Somerset might not go 6 down ! . You could just as easy say Kurtz will get 6 rides... HT 15 and a TR ride? He might not get HT15 and Poole might not go 6 down would be your answer..?

For me Holder has 5 programmed rides tomorrow. One is Lawsons. Whether he has a TR ride or HT15 is irrelevant to whether Lawson is riding or not.Or am I going mad :unsure: ?

So unless Somerset go 6 down, you have Holder, Covatti, Summers, a reserve taking Lawsons rides. So Holder 2, Covatti 1, Summers 1, reserve 1. That's 5,maybe 6,  if you like.... Lawson would at least score that(8 from 4 last time).

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You can't count Doyle. Somerset might not go 6 down ! . You could just as easy say Kurtz will get 6 rides... HT 15 and a TR ride? He might not get HT15 and Poole might not go 6 down would be your answer..?

For me Holder has 5 programmed rides tomorrow. One is Lawsons. Whether he has a TR ride or HT15 is irrelevant to whether Lawson is riding or not.Or am I going mad :unsure: ?

So unless Somerset go 6 down, you have Holder, Covatti, Summers, a reserve taking Lawsons rides. So Holder 2, Covatti 1, Summers 1, reserve 1. That's 5,maybe 6,  if you like.... Lawson would at least score that(8 from 4 last time).

No gurantee Lawson would mate..

Gates open 11.15 or 11am, so be there early to get your car park space of seat space..

Edited by Starman2006