British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson r/r means more points for Somerset. Even Holder can take a ride.  Plus a t/r if needed. So 7 rides for Holder? Summers and Covatti also get a ride. Surely better than Lawson.

The form of the two reserve guests in the championship show plenty of double figures. Both Jakobsen and Woryna need to be on it from heat two.

With all the rain today I expect the track to be heavy and deeper than usual. 

Get there early. Big crowd expected and car park will be fully very early as will the grandstand.

Going by updates it looks like Holder might as well be riding for Poole today. Don't matter if he had 17 rides, never mind 7. 

Poole reserves 26

Somerset reserves 12

R/R for Lawson (8 on his last 2 visits) 3

Somerset only lose by 6...................Dont think they will be to worried when they have a full strength 1-7 back again

3 minutes ago, robins les said:

Did Fortune favour Poole? Doyle having to pull up on 1st lap of heat 15 might have saved the points for Poole.

No Woryna still would have beaten Holder so scoreline closer but still would have won

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No Woryna still would have beaten Holder so scoreline closer but still would have won

Certainly spared Middlos blushes.....

why didn't he use Woryna for Worrall In heat 12 .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Decent point for Somerset.

Huge point for Somerset considering the weakened team up against full strength Poole

Somerset totally gifted a point they didn’t desrve. Absolute howler leaving Worrall in heat 12 when we had Woryna winning races for fun. Couldn’t believe that, as Somerset gain a point.

Another big big crowd here today. Poole always in control of the meeting though Kurtz was extremely poor and Worrall so slow, the same as last week. The rest of the Poole team were OK though Klindts through the tapes then a last was poor.  

Star of the show was Kasper Woyna who only dropped on point to the opposition. Did I say he should have had an extra ride?

For Poole.

Brady was poor. 5 points from a number one?

Josh battled well.

Klindt started poorly but improved.

Worrall was poor. Did I say he was slow?

Harris threw away a point in his first but was solid.

Woryna was excellent.

Jakobsen was pretty good.

For Somerset.

Doyle looked unbeatable until heat 15 when outgated by Woyna. He then stopped. Looked like he had knackered himself. 

Summers had one good ride.

Covatti wasn’t very good bar one ride.

Holder was poor.

Arnio did a good job.

N B Jakobsen impressed before running out of steam.

Three points to take us back to the top but we are far better than this and to gift Somerset a point was poor. 

6 minutes ago, tony159 said:

Certainly spared Middlos blushes.....

why didn't he use Woryna for Worrall In heat 12 .

Middlo cock up, we were all surprised by that one

Poole fans are all "Experts" aren't they !!!

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Somerset totally gifted a point they didn’t desrve. Absolute howler leaving Worrall in heat 12 when we had Woryna winning races for fun. Couldn’t believe that, as Somerset gain a point.

Another big big crowd here today. Poole always in control of the meeting though Kurtz was extremely poor and Worrall so slow, the same as last week. The rest of the Poole team were OK though Klindts through the tapes then a last was poor.  

Star of the show was Kasper Woyna who only dropped on point to the opposition. Did I say he should have had an extra ride?

For Poole.

Brady was poor. 5 points from a number one?

Josh battled well.

Klindt started poorly but improved.

Worrall was poor. Did I say he was slow?

Harris threw away a point in his first but was solid.

Woryna was excellent.

Jakobsen was pretty good.

For Somerset.

Doyle looked unbeatable until heat 15 when outgated by Woyna. He then stopped. Looked like he had knackered himself. 

Summers had one good ride.

Covatti wasn’t very good bar one ride.

Holder was poor.

Arnio did a good job.

N B Jakobsen impressed before running out of steam.

Three points to take us back to the top but we are far better than this and to gift Somerset a point was poor. 

You should have won this by 15-20

3 riders missing for Somerset whose replacements or r/r didnt get what the riders missing would have done. Not forgetting Holder having a mare

A full strength Somerset would have won this by 6-10 points and i imagine would love to face Poole in the play offs.

Worrall is the worry for Poole as he drops to reserve and Woryna unlikely to carry his form to the main body leave Poole very vulnerable, as Poole have been winning matches because of their reserves and that can easily change when the riders swop over

Poor poor poor. Should never be dropping a point to a patched up Somerset team missing 3 riders. 

Middlo cost us a point but Somerset shouldn't have even been in with a sniff tbh.

You all know where I stand on Middlo so I won't go into it.

Edited by Trumpy

27 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Poole fans are all "Experts" aren't they !!!

some think they are :(

• Like 1