British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Somerset totally gifted a point they didn’t desrve. Absolute howler leaving Worrall in heat 12 when we had Woryna winning races for fun. Couldn’t believe that, as Somerset gain a point.

Another big big crowd here today. Poole always in control of the meeting though Kurtz was extremely poor and Worrall so slow, the same as last week. The rest of the Poole team were OK though Klindts through the tapes then a last was poor.  

Star of the show was Kasper Woyna who only dropped on point to the opposition. Did I say he should have had an extra ride?

For Poole.

Brady was poor. 5 points from a number one?

Josh battled well.

Klindt started poorly but improved.

Worrall was poor. Did I say he was slow?

Harris threw away a point in his first but was solid.

Woryna was excellent.

Jakobsen was pretty good.

For Somerset.

Doyle looked unbeatable until heat 15 when outgated by Woyna. He then stopped. Looked like he had knackered himself. 

Summers had one good ride.

Covatti wasn’t very good bar one ride.

Holder was poor.

Arnio did a good job.

N B Jakobsen impressed before running out of steam.

Three points to take us back to the top but we are far better than this and to gift Somerset a point was poor. 

What a gracious guy you are.......................not ,  if Poole quote "are so much better than this " why aren't they showing it? ( I would imagine they will have a miraculous recovery of form come the playoffs ;)) I think Somerset deserved their point with their patched up side. 

Edited by Buttons

I was there and somerset did deserve a point there riders work hard for what they got .after heat 13 i thought we were going to lose this meeting only saved by nikolai and kacper gating in heat 14 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

I was there and somerset did deserve a point there riders work hard for what they got .after heat 13 i thought we were going to lose this meeting only saved by nikolai and kacper gating in heat 14 

The two guests rode well and Covatti had one or two good rides. Who deserved what is debatable but if Middlo puts Woryna in heat 12, the chances are we would have stopped Somerset from getting any points. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The two guests rode well and Covatti had one or two good rides. Who deserved what is debatable but if Middlo puts Woryna in heat 12, the chances are we would have stopped Somerset from getting any points. 

Ye your probably right on that one I was surprised myself that kacper did not replace Richie don't understand middlo way of thinking sometimes still onward and upward 

18 minutes ago, ray c said:

Of course Somerset deserved a point .... a weakened team and losing by 6. At least you have the good grace to see reality but to be fair it’s only one of your ‘fans’ who thinks otherwise. 

If Poole went to Somerset having r/r for Klindt and missing both Woryna and Jacobsen , and only losing by 6 I’m sure Poole fans would be happy with that and expect to beat them at full strength. That’s what happened today for Somerset

1 hour ago, Trumpy said:

Poor poor poor. Should never be dropping a point to a patched up Somerset team missing 3 riders. 

Middlo cost us a point but Somerset shouldn't have even been in with a sniff tbh.

You all know where I stand on Middlo so I won't go into it.

And Shovey said the 3 riders out would make Somerset stronger..:blink:

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Come on you must know how he works by now!

Opposition riders missing = stronger

Poole riders missing = weaker

Anyone knows Somerset’s reserves are the second best pair in the league after Pooles and have matched them at Wimborne Road this season. Lawson has scored 8 on his last two visits.

Looking at the scores Pooles reserves outscored Somersets by 10 and r/r yielded 3 points..........

Top scorer on Pooles top five was 7 points

With Worrall dropping to reserve it will affect Poole as Woryna won’t keep having 6 or 7 rides 

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Well the Jakobsen that was guesting for Somerset got more than our no1, so did his job I thought.

2 hours ago, tony159 said:

Certainly spared Middlos blushes.....

why didn't he use Woryna for Worrall In heat 12 .

That’s exactly what I said, Middleditch could have cost his team the win by not making the change that any other  team manager would of made....Perhaps he didn’t want to hurt Richie’s feelings by replacing him with an in form rider!!!!

How was the racing?

Updates read all FTG but I’d be interested in an honest opinion from speedway fans there. 

Every time we face Somerset Brady has a mare of a meeting so if Jack was Poole’s No8 I think the opposite is true! As already stated Richie is a concern and their are still too many inconsistencies within the team that will hurt us further down the line. Even Chris was a little subdued maybe cause the track wa slick and he had no dirt to work with. I was talking to Kevin Smith during the meeting and some of his observations were spot on. Let’s hope the lads up their game tonight and keep the score line close or maybe scrape a win, I live in hope!!!

6 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

That’s exactly what I said, Middleditch could have cost his team the win by not making the change that any other  team manager would of made....Perhaps he didn’t want to hurt Richie’s feelings by replacing him with an in form rider!!!!

Oh.My.God is that why Brady never gets taken out of H13?

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well the Jakobsen that was guesting for Somerset got more than our no1, so did his job I thought.

He did to his job Lisa, I agree.

But Steve wrote.....

"Lawson r/r means more points for Somerset. Even Holder can take a ride.  Plus a t/r if needed. So 7 rides for Holder? Summers and Covatti also get a ride. Surely better than Lawson." :wink:

21 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So Arnio and Busk Jakobsen got 6 points each. Allen and Wilson Dean got 2 and 5 points last time at Poole so today the guest reserves got 5 more points between them than Somerset’s own reserves.....I guess that made them weaker then?:blink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

How was the racing?

Updates read all FTG but I’d be interested in an honest opinion from speedway fans there. 

Very poor hardly a pass all afternoon, if i was a neutral i wudnt go back. Lucky in the end with result should of had woryna in ht12,another top performance from brady...!

• Like 1