British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Pardon ? Er, it took the boys all morning to sort the track out from yesterdays heavy rain it P'--d down all day, and sorry we are limited to what access we can have Dogs on a sunday. Still mid morning.. Please dont be picky..

You said on Saturday that  the boys were starting at 7am today- ie 5hrs 30mins before the start- so are you telling me that for a normal evening meeting they start at 2pm ?

As i said they should have started earlier.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

You said the boys were starting at 7am today- ie 5hrs 30mins before the start- so are you telling me that for a normal evening meeting they start at 2pm ?

As i said they should have started earlier.

Think he struggles with the concept of telling the time.

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Pardon ? Er, it took the boys all morning to sort the track out from yesterdays heavy rain it P'--d down all day, and sorry we are limited to what access we can have Dogs on a sunday. Still mid morning.. Please dont be picky..

12.30pm isn't in the morning.  Bail out on this while you can i would say.

• Like 3

speedway never as good daytime,not a rider but think track was pretty dire,doyle hit the hole on the first bend when going to win ht 15 by half the track took an almighty whack as the bike lifted,harris hit a big hole between 3 \4 when on a poole 5-1,worral said couldnt ride the track,notice after racing they were shoveling grit into the hole doyle hit and trying to pack it in.have to say gary may (who every wk for 10 yrs or more stood with his wife who is brilliant with poole sponsers just in front of us)is constantly working the changes and i would put him the best team manager in the prem league,big fan of adams at wolves but hes lost that cutting edge

• Like 3

Bumps and holes at Poole? Get away.

13 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

12.30pm isn't in the morning.  Bail out on this while you can i would say.

Another one who's being picky.. Mid morning midday wahat the bleedin difference..

Edited by Starman2006

28 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

We won and got 3 points. Good enough for me.. You try preparing a track for a mid morning meeting after a days heavy rain... :icon_smile_clown:

try and understand it was not a mid morning meeting,not thats it anything to do with you but why after a previous days heavy rain would it have been so  dusty and why so many holes?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poole keith said:

try and understand it was not a mid morning meeting,not thats it anything to do with you but why after a previous days heavy rain would it have been so  dusty and why so many holes?

I take it you are a track curator. Think you can do better ? Give Matt a ring.

I'm happy with a point tbh with a patched up side. Poole also going to be weaker now with Woryna going into the main body so no more 6/7 rides from him. 

P. S just to put something out there in my opinion. If a rider gets excluded from a race I really don't think teams (including Somerset) should be allowed to replace them. 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Another one who's being picky.. Mid morning mid day wahat the bleedin difference..

You're the first one to jump on someone if they make an error! 

The "bleedin" difference is that 1230pm isn't in the morning. End of.

• Like 5

Mid morning is actually 6am. There is a clear and vast difference between that and the actual start time. About 6 hours.

Just watched heat 15. An absolute disgrace of a track. Its like a f%%%%g roller coaster. 

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

With the state of some the tracks I've seen this year, it would actually be difficult to do it worse, even if you only had a knife and fork!

All I can say is let's hope Neil is back for next week meeting after this morning's fiasco 

6 minutes ago, acef said:

Mid morning is actually 6am. There is a clear and vast difference between that and the actual start time. About 6 hours.

Just watched heat 15. An absolute disgrace of a track. Its like a f%%%%g roller coaster. 

Do you have a link

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

why do i need to ring him i thought his door was always open!,.of course im not a trackman, as of course neither are you,riders arent "trackmen" but they also have a view on track conditions.Glad that you ask if i could do better it means that you do at least accept that "better"is reqd(.ps i do know the sound business logic in not spending any money at present  but thats not for the magazine seller to know)

• Like 3