British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

Poole fans are the biggest load of guffers I have ever encountered !!!

28 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

Be a bit more selective please thanks don't tar us all with the same brush :nono:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 6

45 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

There not all like that. But there are a good few :blink:

On 8/27/2018 at 6:50 PM, simon.c said:

Just watched this on YouTube and cannot see Jason lift at all, it looked like a classic chain going from the angle of camera. 

Better angle on this one (from centre green), front wheel down a great big hole right next to the kerb

https://youtu.be/dV03-yTjpuE?t=12m7s

• Like 3

yeh does show it clearly womble, myself and several other poole posters new there was a hole there, just a couple posting their usual nonsense

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, womble53 said:

Better angle on this one (from centre green), front wheel down a great big hole right next to the kerb

Fair enough, from that angle you can clearly see that Jason hits a hole, we were sat in the grandstand so could not see what happened and the other clip is not so clear, hopefully Jason is not hurt

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, womble53 said:

Having just seen this,i find it disgusting to have a hole like that in a track.Talk about riders safety.What an earth can cause a hole like that,it's not the bikes that's for sure.The last Poole meeting against Somerset that was on tv there was a hole appearing in between bends 1and 2 again.Remember seeing Harris hit it and a Somerset rider,can't remember who now though.

I'm all for a little home advantage,but that is definitely not right.

1 hour ago, womble53 said:

Clearly shows it. Strange that it only appeared in heat 15 and wasn’t noticeable earlier on. Certainly not where we sit in the grandstand. Luckily Doyle the only person affected. 

For the past two weeks Stuart Dickson has been on holiday so the track should get back to where it was on his return.

Or a better idea. Put some more holes in strategic places around the track, cover with fine netting just strong enough to put a sprinkling of shale over the top, then get the trackman to show our boys exactly where they are to dodge them. Within a few heats the opposition will be all knackered out of the meeting and we win 65-25.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

I thought neil been doing the track in recent weeks been on holiday ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I thought neil been doing the track in recent weeks been on holiday ?

Quite a few Poole fans on here and at the stadium have said it was Gerald doing it, the one who used to do Lakeside, that's why we have been having a surface like Lakeside used to!

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Having just seen this,i find it disgusting to have a hole like that in a track.Talk about riders safety.What an earth can cause a hole like that,it's not the bikes that's for sure.The last Poole meeting against Somerset that was on tv there was a hole appearing in between bends 1and 2 again.Remember seeing Harris hit it and a Somerset rider,can't remember who now though.

I'm all for a little home advantage,but that is definitely not right.

In truth many have known the Poole track has been pretty poor for several years now and despite the protest of some it always lets them down.

Dont get me wrong, I’ve rated Poole as one of my favourite tracks to visit over the years but it is bordering on dangerous these days.

The bumps and holes are shocking.

Several British tracks have a poor track record when it comes to their racetrack so Poole aren’t on their own.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clearly shows it. Strange that it only appeared in heat 15 and wasn’t noticeable earlier on. Certainly not where we sit in the grandstand. Luckily Doyle the only person affected. 

For the past two weeks Stuart Dickson has been on holiday so the track should get back to where it was on his return.

Or a better idea. Put some more holes in strategic places around the track, cover with fine netting just strong enough to put a sprinkling of shale over the top, then get the trackman to show our boys exactly where they are to dodge them. Within a few heats the opposition will be all knackered out of the meeting and we win 65-25.

Vindicating cheating. . . . no surprise there then. .  .. pathetic man.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Vindicating cheating. . . . no surprise there then. .  .. pathetic man.

That is what is known as a joke, like many of your posts! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Quite a few Poole fans on here and at the stadium have said it was Gerald doing it, the one who used to do Lakeside, that's why we have been having a surface like Lakeside used to!

only the last two meetings

• Like 1

That hole on first bend is disgusting. It's not even a rut. It's a fricken massive pot hole. Doyle nearly went missing in heat. 

No way that just appeared in heat 15. 

• Like 1