British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Somerset. prem B 27/8/18 12.30pm.

Bank holiday Monday at 12.30 pm. The big one. Huge crowd expected. Another titanic battle likely. Pirates back to full strength with the return of Klindt and Jakobsen.

Somerset also at full strength and expecting to arrive and win. Should be a really close one which is hard to call. Somerset only having ridden here recently.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bank holiday Monday at 12.30 pm. The big one. Huge crowd expected. Another titanic battle likely. Pirates back to full strength with the return of Klindt and Jakobsen.

Somerset also at full strength and expecting to arrive and win. Should be a really close one which is hard to call. Somerset only having ridden here recently.

Thoughts?

Could be even closer than last time! Richie is going to have to up his game.

I think my biggest wish/hope at the moment is that there are no transport issues or delays from Poland or wherever from the Sunday meetings which might  affect riders from both teams!

I gather some riders are due in to Luton at around 6 am.........!!

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think my biggest wish/hope at the moment is that there are no transport issues or delays from Poland or wherever from the Sunday meetings which might  affect riders from both teams!

I gather some riders are due in to Luton at around 6 am.........!!

Do you know off hand who from both teams the delays from Poland could affect ?

If both are at full strength if should be a cracker.. Biggest crowd of the season maybe?

What would you guessimate the crowd was V Swindon yesterday. I think SS said it was big. Just wondered because the last TV meeting at your gaff looked like a big crowd to me but was reported as not so.

Nice to see a packed grandstand on TV.

You can se the crowd yourself in the video clip I posted on the Poole v Swindon clip at the end of the race. 

12 hours ago, ray c said:

if its a gate and go track i fancy somerset to beat us ?

Then what do you want, tell me and i'l tell Gerrald how to prepare it then ? Be careful what you wish for..

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can se the crowd yourself in the video clip I posted on the Poole v Swindon clip at the end of the race. 

Track looked slick, but agree Steve, the crowd looked pretty big there. 2k + ?.. Good to see at any club these days.

Hope with the tight league all the clubs get a few more on the gate in the run in.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Then what do you want, tell me and i'l tell Gerrald how to prepare it then ? Be careful what you wish for..

What are you on about its a opinion in which you dont really understand onward and upward :t:

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

What are you on about its a opinion in which you dont really understand onward and upward :t:

The track will be prepared to suit us, the same as Somerset did on Monday. The idea is for us to win the meeting, and make the play off's. This time of year it doesnt matter how you do it, as long as you win..

28 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Track looked slick, but agree Steve, the crowd looked pretty big there. 2k + ?.. Good to see at any club these days.

Hope with the tight league all the clubs get a few more on the gate in the run in.

Thats the idea of the play off's, those involved should get bumper crowds leading up to the play off's, and in the play off's themselves.  The play off's have been a good inovation and keeps the interest there, ok you are going to get clubs that will miss out. But if you had a straight league the  league could be decided by the end of August, and that in this day and age would kill it stone dead, and then crowds would drop like a stone with nothing for clubs to race for, except points money..

13 hours ago, ray c said:

if its a gate and go track i fancy somerset to beat us ?

Not sure there Ray... Klindt is in fine form and will get around 8 from 4 if it's slick or not. Woryna must be good for 8 from 4, or 9-10 from 5 (might replace the other reserve in one)

Brady 10 from 5 . That's a good start...Josh is going well, 7 from 4 .. It will be close. If Worrall can chip in 6-7 Poole will be ok. But it's speedway, who knows  :t:

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thats the idea of the play off's, those involved should get bumper crowds leading up to the play off's, and in the play off's themselves.  The play off's have been a good inovation and keeps the interest there, ok you are going to get clubs that will miss out. But if you had a straight league the  league could be decided by the end of August, and that in this day and age would kill it stone dead, and then crowds would drop like a stone with nothing for clubs to race for, except points money..

I know that's the idea Starry.. Every little helps. I do think that the team that finishes top should have more of an advantage than picking the team of their choice. Maybe the winner goes into the final, the next 2 fight it off over 2 legs with the team who finished 2nd gets pick of home or away first. Top 4 out of a tiny league is maybe a bit much. One league next season anyway I guess.

Doyley and co will be pumped up for this i'm sure. A point would be enough to finish ahead of Swindon and Wolves would have to pick something up from Belle Vue, Somerset or Poole. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I know that's the idea Starry.. Every little helps. I do think that the team that finishes top should have more of an advantage than picking the team of their choice. Maybe the winner goes into the final, the next 2 fight it off over 2 legs with the team who finished 2nd gets pick of home or away first. Top 4 out of a tiny league is maybe a bit much. One league next season anyway I guess.

Thats the idea for all clubs is to finish top so they get the pick, but they still have to get through a semi albeit at home for the second leg, then they have the pick of legs in the final, thats how it should be. But nothing is a given.