British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

What is Poole’s record at Swindon? Answer is, not very good. We tend to implode around heat 10 and come away losing by 8. It will probably be the same tomorrow night though there is not too much playing on it.

As long as we pick up something tomorrow from the 2 meetings the playoffs are done.

24 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

To be fair, I’d rather lose to Poole than Man Ure.

Im sure it will be a double defeat for me tomorrow. The Robins and the Yids to take a battering

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is Poole’s record at Swindon? Answer is, not very good. We tend to implode around heat 10 and come away losing by 8. It will probably be the same tomorrow night though there is not too much playing on it.

As long as we pick up something tomorrow from the 2 meetings the playoffs are done.

Your the king of "play down your teams chances" . The nearer the play offs, the worse you get.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think DC2( think that's right) was the worst..Only banter at the end of the day though. If Morris isn't able to ride, I hope Swindon, will pay Holder the money.. Could make for a good meeting.

Yeah exactly. We had bragging rights in the first couple of months but definitely with them now. All good fun though. Love a bit of rivalry!

• Like 3

Just looked at speedway updates and Morris won his last ride then withdrew from the meeting. No mention of any crash. Perhaps it was just down to track conditions?

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just looked at speedway updates and Morris won his last ride then withdrew from the meeting. No mention of any crash. Perhaps it was just down to track conditions?

He crashed in heat 9 I think. Didn't come out for the re-run

More the reason he hates newcastle track had an accident in the past there.

He came down twice in heat 9 on the first bend ie original staging and re run. All four came down the second time in which he sustained his injury.

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Must look closer at the updates dear boy:DBack of the class for you.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

King's Lynn and Man U fan... I'll get me coat :t:

Nothing wrong with that BB.Hopefully a double celebration tonight:party:

Edited by tellboy

Used to like the old Turban Twins in action at Swindon, not the same now, although the Moonies have a great record recently against the Knobs, 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat in last 9 matches, should be close, will go 46-44 to the Poirates.

Hopefully decent crowd and decent weather up on the Hill.

4 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Used to like the old Turban Twins in action at Swindon, not the same now, although the Moonies have a great record recently against the Knobs, 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat in last 9 matches, should be close, will go 46-44 to the Poirates.

Hopefully decent crowd and decent weather up on the Hill.

Weather looks good for all the meetings today should get decent crowds everywhere

Any news on Morris? Would rather face a full strength team than one weakened.

Tom Brennan steps in for Smith tonight. No news on Morris guess he rides.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I asked the question on another thread did Nick withdrawal? from the above it appears he did meaning he will not be able to ride for Swindon tonight.