British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

You are something else arnt you. Perhaps phil can ban you, along with several other numpties on here..:icon_smile_clown:

So you are telling Phil to ban you as well. :D

10 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Swindon win but Belle Vue gain point at Wolverhampton and leave Robins on brink of top 4 failure.

Poor season and judging by Rossiter comments in post match press conference, will be keeping faith in same top 5 in 2019.

Sigh ........  you just don’t give up do you ? 

You just come up with another name and post the same old bõllox. 

Its quite sad, you really must have no outside life as you have to keep coming on here and trolling to make yourself feel important 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Sigh ........  you just don’t give up do you ? 

You just come up with another name and post the same old bõllox. 

Its quite sad, you really must have no outside life as you have to keep coming on here and trolling to make yourself feel important 

Firstly you have me confused with someone else, secondly do you actually know the definition of the word troll.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Firstly you have me confused with someone else, secondly do you actually know the definition of the word troll.

The funny thing is, just recently you came up with a proposed side, and the only change made to the top 5 was you replaced the rider who top scored tonight for Swindon with a rider that scored 4 for Leicester.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

You are mad if you think anyone is going to believe that you aren't RR. The worrying thing for me is that I genuinely believe you don't think you are him. Bellego banged a few in tonight so didn't think you would show up on here.

• Like 1

Well that was very enjoyable.

The meeting was average with a few passes but the closeness of the score maintained the tension all the way through until the end. Ultimately, the huge bias in the gates meant that 1 and 3 decided this match.

Great to see local talent (Swindon born) in the shape of Tom Brennan being given his chance. I remember him taking part in the 250cc series where the bike was bigger than him, however, he was always one to keep an eye on. He quickly took the opportunity to show the two Poole reserves, Pinky and Perky, how to gate and ride the track and it was embarrassing to watch Perky pootling around at the back after his showing on the motor cross circuit this morning. Perhaps he was tired after doing those donuts this morning?

Harris huffed and puffed and Klindt might have to revisit that tweet he posted earlier. Kurtz scored well as he usually does around the desert.

For the Robins, Batch came good when it mattered and Bellego after heat 1, found the right set up. All the other Robins contributed in a good team performance.

Good to see several Poole fans in attendance this evening. It was just a shame so many of you seemed to suffer from laryngitis or maybe it was Marcel Marceau impressions you were doing after heat 1. Always best to wait to the end of the meeting and you’ve won before giving it the big oi oiiii. :party:

21 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

You are mad if you think anyone is going to believe that you aren't RR. The worrying thing for me is that I genuinely believe you don't think you are him. Bellego banged a few in tonight so didn't think you would show up on here.

Who’s RR?

Rider Replacement?

• Haha 2

Just got back from the gating comp. Well done Swindon for gating better. 

Gates 1 and 3 a massive advantage, so much so that Brennan gated in heat 2 and no matter how the Poole boys tried they couldn’t pass. Harris was doing all he could but went backwards. 

A few points of minor interest. Morris got it all wrong and binned it in heat 7. No one near him. Ref said all 4 back. Farcical. Batchelor got a roller and the ref let it go. Poor.  

Absolutely rubbish meeting racing wise. Not sure if the track was purposely set up like that or is the norm. Dire fodder in front of. Decent sized crowd.

The good news is that we are in the playoffs regardless of whatever results now happen. Swindon are out, or not likely to make it.

I fancy our chances. Stuart Dickson is back next week to do the track, and how the riders want it. I think we can beat any of the three others over 2 legs.

As for tonight really so little to say it was such a poor advert for the sport.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back from the gating comp. Well done Swindon for gating better. 

Gates 1 and 3 a massive advantage, so much so that Brennan gated in heat 2 and no matter how the Poole boys tried they couldn’t pass. Harris was doing all he could but went backwards. 

A few points of minor interest. Morris got it all wrong and binned it in heat 7. No one near him. Ref said all 4 back. Farcical. Batchelor got a roller and the ref let it go. Poor.  

Absolutely rubbish meeting racing wise. Not sure if the track was purposely set up like that or is the norm. Dire fodder in front of. Decent sized crowd.

The good news is that we are in the playoffs regardless of whatever results now happen. Swindon are out, or not likely to make it.

I fancy our chances. Stuart Dickson is back next week to do the track, and how the riders want it. I think we can beat any of the three others over 2 legs.

As for tonight really so little to say it was such a poor advert for the sport.

I agree re Morris, very lucky to get a second bite of the cherry. 

I note you are somewhat scathing of the Swindon track. Now I’m not going to defend the Swindon track, I can’t. There was minimal passing, it was decided by 1 & 3 and said as much, however, I have just read your report from this morning’s match v Somerset. It would appear, from your report, that the racing was top notch as I can find absolutely no mention of the track conditions at all within your missive. However, several attendees, Paddy The Rebel said it was ‘very poor’, Lisa Collette ‘dusty’ and poole keith talked about ‘the holes’ in the track.

It would therefore seem there’s a hole in that particular report Steve. 

I have no argument with what you have said re Swindon but at least be equally scathing of your own track if that is the case. 

• Like 2

Sounds like Poole and Swindon's tracks are as bad as each others today! No passing what is that about. Thankfully we have a different track man next time. Phew!

5 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Well that was very enjoyable.

The meeting was average with a few passes but the closeness of the score maintained the tension all the way through until the end. Ultimately, the huge bias in the gates meant that 1 and 3 decided this match.

Great to see local talent (Swindon born) in the shape of Tom Brennan being given his chance. I remember him taking part in the 250cc series where the bike was bigger than him, however, he was always one to keep an eye on. He quickly took the opportunity to show the two Poole reserves, Pinky and Perky, how to gate and ride the track and it was embarrassing to watch Perky pootling around at the back after his showing on the motor cross circuit this morning. Perhaps he was tired after doing those donuts this morning?

Harris huffed and puffed and Klindt might have to revisit that tweet he posted earlier. Kurtz scored well as he usually does around the desert.

For the Robins, Batch came good when it mattered and Bellego after heat 1, found the right set up. All the other Robins contributed in a good team performance.

Good to see several Poole fans in attendance this evening. It was just a shame so many of you seemed to suffer from laryngitis or maybe it was Marcel Marceau impressions you were doing after heat 1. Always best to wait to the end of the meeting and you’ve won before giving it the big oi oiiii. :party:

Remember seeing Tom ride against Bickley and co and thinking he looks tidy chuffed for the lad if Swindon are still about Brennan and Rowe should be shoe/ins in the future.

7 hours ago, theblueboy said:

I agree re Morris, very lucky to get a second bite of the cherry. 

I note you are somewhat scathing of the Swindon track. Now I’m not going to defend the Swindon track, I can’t. There was minimal passing, it was decided by 1 & 3 and said as much, however, I have just read your report from this morning’s match v Somerset. It would appear, from your report, that the racing was top notch as I can find absolutely no mention of the track conditions at all within your missive. However, several attendees, Paddy The Rebel said it was ‘very poor’, Lisa Collette ‘dusty’ and poole keith talked about ‘the holes’ in the track.

It would therefore seem there’s a hole in that particular report Steve. 

I have no argument with what you have said re Swindon but at least be equally scathing of your own track if that is the case. 

Poole’s track was not great yesterday either. But there was no “hole”, no sure where that rumour has come from. Yes not much passing though there was more than last night.

The Poole track got dusty around heat 8-9 but track watering after heat 10 sorted it.

At Blunsdon last night Worrall, a mobile chicane all day, happily sat safely in front of faster riders knowing he wasn’t going to be passed. Morris made no impression when behind. A couple of seasons ago he would have come charging through. The track is completely clapped out with a promotion not willing to spend a penny knowing it would be a total waste of money. Trouble is it will be the same again next year probably.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There definitely was a hole! Went to look at it after the meeting.

That's the difference between Shovlar's world and the world the rest of us live in. :D

• Like 3