British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There definitely was a hole! Went to look at it after the meeting.

I thought there was one on each end ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole’s track was not great yesterday either. But there was no “hole”, no sure where that rumour has come from. Yes not much passing though there was more than last night.

The Poole track got dusty around heat 8-9 but track watering after heat 10 sorted it.

At Blunsdon last night Worrall, a mobile chicane all day, happily sat safely in front of faster riders knowing he wasn’t going to be passed. Morris made no impression when behind. A couple of seasons ago he would have come charging through. The track is completely clapped out with a promotion not willing to spend a penny knowing it would be a total waste of money. Trouble is it will be the same again next year probably.

lol comedy gold.

Ask Jason Doyle where the hole was im sure he can point it straight out to you.

All the Poole fans have spoke about the hole appearing and the remedial work carried out.............................everyone except you shock horror.

Where is your detailed match report as well?

We got a full blown rider by rider one when Poole beat a very weakened Somerset team.........................oh yes silly me you got beat so the report goes out the window.............

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole’s track was not great yesterday either. But there was no “hole”, no sure where that rumour has come from. Yes not much passing though there was more than last night.

The Poole track got dusty around heat 8-9 but track watering after heat 10 sorted it.

At Blunsdon last night Worrall, a mobile chicane all day, happily sat safely in front of faster riders knowing he wasn’t going to be passed. Morris made no impression when behind. A couple of seasons ago he would have come charging through. The track is completely clapped out with a promotion not willing to spend a penny knowing it would be a total waste of money. Trouble is it will be the same again next year probably.

No hole, you say.

I have seen the video of heat 15 on the speedwaygb website. JD makes a reasonable gate from 2 hits something, straightens up and nearly collects Harris on his way towards the fence.

Was it your wallet, Steve?

• Like 2

Just now, theblueboy said:

No hole, you say.

I have seen the video of heat 15 on the speedwaygb website. JD makes a reasonable gate from 2 hits something, straightens up and nearly collects Harris on his way towards the fence.

Hits something. So you are not sure itwas a hole and not a rut which ALL tracks suffer from ? I walked round bends 1-2 after the meeting, and it stood up well. Please dont make assumptions without catagoric proof.

Mr Shovlar would make a wonderful politician, fantastic at ignoring and denying negative issues and peddling propaganda to deflect attention. Definitely a missed vocation :D

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

That's the difference between Shovlar's world and the world the rest of us live in. :D

Tbh they were digging into after the meeting, looked more like a crater. Maybe they were just digging for oil :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Hits something. So you are not sure itwas a hole and not a rut which ALL tracks suffer from ? I walked round bends 1-2 after the meeting, and it stood up well. Please dont make assumptions without catagoric proof.

So did I Starman and there was a massive hole there, I think they made it worse after the meeting. They even had a car on the track after, I was a bit worried they were going to ruin their suspension if they drove over it! 

6 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

No hole, you say.

Its been already said that Doyle hit a hole............to be fair its only the same 2 Poole fans who are saying otherwise

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Watch the video...........Doyle hits a hole he has already said thats what it was.

If you watch laps 2 and 3 Holder hits the same hole but controls it.

A rut lol

The infamous hole on bend 1 did seem to reappear yesterday - hardly surprising as there was so little shale on the track to help protect it due to the previous day's weather!!

However Doyley didn't hit the hole - he caught a rut right on the white line on bends1-2 which threw him a wobller and he caught his foot/ankle under the foot rest. I must admit from the grandstand it did look as though he shed a chain but he managed to pootle onto the centre green before sinking to his knees and then onto his back clearly in some pain.

Hope he's ok. 

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So did I Starman and there was a massive hole there, I think they made it worse after the meeting. They even had a car on the track after, I was a bit worried they were going to ruin their suspension if they drove over it! 

35 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh they were digging into after the meeting, looked more like a crater. Maybe they were just digging for oil :D

The prosecution calls Lisa Colette to the stand...

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The infamous hole on bend 1 did seem to reappear yesterday - hardly surprising as there was so little shale on the track to help protect it due to the previous day's weather!!

However Doyley didn't hit the hole - he caught a rut right on the white line on bends1-2 which threw him a wobller and he caught his foot/ankle under the foot rest. I must admit from the grandstand it did look as though he shed a chain but he managed to pootle onto the centre green before sinking to his knees and then onto his back clearly in some pain.

Hope he's ok. 

Is that your opinion from the video or your view in normal time? JD has clealrly gone past the white line, and in fact, is closer to the hot dog stand than the white line when he hits the hole.

Bournemouth aren't going to be short of politicians when the current incumbent has had enough. 

41 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I have assumed nothing. I have taken in to consideration the views of other Poole fans poole keith and Lisa Colette. Skidder has now confirmed that indeed there was a hole but it wasn't the 'hole' that caused JD to straighten up so badly.

Perhaps you should take the opportunity to pop along to Specsavers today, and whilst your there book an appointment for Skidder.

• Like 1

Strange that Doyley had a 5 ride 15 points haul whilst avoiding the 'hole' the whole meeting except for heat 15?!

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe look at Garry May's opinion of it!!

Why, its an opinion? Have a look at the video.

Swindon got a win last night but only just.

Why is it that most weeks our riders start out as if they have not ridden on the track for ages and end up on the back foot after a few heats, then have to come good at the later part of the meeting.  It often seems that their setups are wrong, ie last night Batch, David, Adam and Nick were all caught out in their first races.  So is it that the track prep changes every week or that the riders cannot read the conditions.  Something needs to change.  If it is possible and allowed the whole team need to be at the track to practice on the morning of our meeting against BV and for any other meetings we are involved in this season.

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Strange that Doyley had a 5 ride 15 points haul whilst avoiding the 'hole' the whole meeting except for heat 15?!

Cos he gated way ahead of everyone else most the meeting! H15 Kascper was pretty much with him, if he was behind it wasn't by much, so didn't have as much space.

Edit - Although H13 Brady was with him too until he messed the first bend up!

Edited by lisa-colette

59 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon got a win last night but only just.

Why is it that most weeks our riders start out as if they have not ridden on the track for ages and end up on the back foot after a few heats, then have to come good at the later part of the meeting.  It often seems that their setups are wrong, ie last night Batch, David, Adam and Nick were all caught out in their first races.  So is it that the track prep changes every week or that the riders cannot read the conditions.  Something needs to change.  If it is possible and allowed the whole team need to be at the track to practice on the morning of our meeting against BV and for any other meetings we are involved in this season.

Not sure on the others but Adams first heat was a mechanical issue, not a track one