British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

5 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Riss won't be riding next Thursday he's at Ipswich 

Could they get Poole no7 Jakobsen to guest, very good there yesterday on his first visit. Actually must be able to cos Riss guested for Jakobsen at Poole the other week! Depends if they still have that 8 day or whatever rule when you can't ride at the same track so frequently.

10 hours ago, theblueboy said:

No hole, you say.

I have seen the video of heat 15 on the speedwaygb website. JD makes a reasonable gate from 2 hits something, straightens up and nearly collects Harris on his way towards the fence.

Was it your wallet, Steve?

WOW.....Doyle must of been riding an extremely wide line if he nearly collected Harris.....who was in the pits watching Woryna, Grajczonek Doyle and Holder contest heat 15!!!!!!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Aaaaaaaaand

hes back. 

Change the record troll

1 hour ago, ZagarRacing said:

Who’s back????

Think you need to look up the definition of troll. 

Jonny the spud is right troll, you need to look up the definition.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

WOW.....Doyle must of been riding an extremely wide line if he nearly collected Harris.....who was in the pits watching Woryna, Grajczonek Doyle and Holder contest heat 15!!!!!!!! :rofl:

TBF Harris' and Josh's kelvers are pretty similar!

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

TBF Harris' and Josh's kelvers are pretty similar!

Hay Lisa I see you've got to stand trial, will you be ok for the playoffs 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Could they get Poole no7 Jakobsen to guest, very good there yesterday on his first visit. Actually must be able to cos Riss guested for Jakobsen at Poole the other week! Depends if they still have that 8 day or whatever rule when you can't ride at the same track so frequently.

They can't use him simply because Jakobsen's average is higher than that of Riss.

8 day rule wouldn't come into it as Jakobsen rode there for Poole and not as a guest.8 day rule only applies to guest appearances.

3 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Aaaaaaaaand

hes back. 

Change the record troll

But you have him mixed up with someone else!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Hay Lisa I see you've got to stand trial, will you be ok for the playoffs 

:D 

3 hours ago, orion said:

Surely Pete it not up to the fans to find riders ..it was quite clear form some time ago that Smith was unlikely to beat anyone so we  might as well  have   given  someone else a chance  

That’s a fair point. I’ve no real interest in defending rosco, but I can sympathise with the tricky situation. If we’d have ditched Smith after a month or so and started to cycle through the limited number of options as an alternative, most of them probably (que massive assumption) unlikely to do much more than Smith, you could imagine plenty of people moaning that we would have been just as well sticking with Jack and given him time to improve. I don’t think anyone expected Brennan to look as combative as he did. I assumed we’d just have another Ellis Perks (was it him that guested for us and spent most of the time on his backside?) on our hands. Anyway, a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

Good to see a local lad in the side

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Good to see a local lad in the side

Yeah good lad that Rosco!!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2018 at 9:41 PM, Icicle said:

What lovely eloquent well thought out & rich in vocabulary statements Mr X!!

Yep. I get very defensive and over react sometimes. But I dont need you as my teacher and parent thanks a lot.  They deserve it anyway. Got no time for some folk at all. 

Enough said.

Edited by Mr X