British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Stop making those stupid excuses Steve.All speedway riders have hectic schedules,not just the Poole riders.

Wouldn’t be hectic if the Poole meeting was in the evening but its a mid day meeting. Klindt finishes at Workington at 10 pm and has to be in Poole at 10 am. A 7 + hour drive. 

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon need to win this by more than 6 points, and the home meeting against BV later, to get back into the playoff group.

Luckily the teams above us race against each other other which will help Swindon slightly, but only if we win. 

all b/vue have to is win home matches against wolves/somerset that put's us on 39pts you can only reach 38pts maximum and that's not counting our away matches at wolves & swindon !!

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wouldn’t be hectic if the Poole meeting was in the evening but its a mid day meeting. Klindt finishes at Workington at 10 pm and has to be in Poole at 10 am. A 7 + hour drive. 

He can always pull out complaining of his hectic schedule.But you wouldn't want that would you?

Trust me i know how fast the riders or mechanics drive their vans.Middle of the night Klindt should do the journey in less than six hours.About 250 miles on a motorway you won't see him for dust.The only thing that will slow him down is the police pulling him over for speeding:D

I'm sure he has the keys to Matt's back doors:rolleyes:he can let himself in and get 6hrs kip.Plenty of rest:t:

They only ride for 5 minutes.

That most famous Poirate Captain Morgan was never tired after pillaging and plundering on the high seas.

Edited by auntie doris

Swindon are out of playoff contention, this meeting is a dead rubber for the Robins. 2 home meetings left in the league and both will end in defeat. I can’t believe Jack Smith has actually lasted until the very end, that’s all you need to know about 2018 for the Robins.

25 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Swindon are out of playoff contention, this meeting is a dead rubber for the Robins. 2 home meetings left in the league and both will end in defeat. I can’t believe Jack Smith has actually lasted until the very end, that’s all you need to know about 2018 for the Robins.

But, you're not RR and don't know who he is! :)

Jack Smith hasn't been the problem. The way the side was put together, there was no choice but t have the lowest average rider in the league at number 7, and whoever was there was never going to score.

The problem was more inconsistencies in the top 5. If everyone had scored consistently at what they could, the lack of a number 7 would have been covered. There were no obvious replacements out there either - the posts of a poster who writes in a similar style to yourself but, quite obviously isn't you because you said so, prove it. Whatever options came up for possible changes, none were any better than what we had. And that includes at number 7.

• Like 4

I think its more of a worry riders getting back from poland with a 12 30 start time ?

I would have thought someone on a push bike would be a better option than Jack Smith, and no I'm not RR either 

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think its more of a worry riders getting back from poland with a 12 30 start time ?

Both promoters must have considered this before agreeing the date and start time.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Some of the Poole ridrrs have horrendous schedules before Monday. Richie Worrall and Chris Harris are riding Glasgow v Edinburgh home and away over the weekend. The meeting due to finish around 6 pm on the Sunday and have to be at Poole for 11 am Monday. Nicolai Klindt is riding at Workington on Sunday night at 7.30 start!

Sounds like another one of them pre meeting excuse, just in case.

Your mate Lambo :wink: is a very busy rider. He rode in 12 races last night, including 2 HT 15's when both meetings were well won.

His scores of 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,3,3,2' show he didn't tail off. I'm sure he was well tired though.

I guessed Poole last night by 20, almost right. For this one i'm going 42-48 if both have full teams :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

I would have thought someone on a push bike would be a better option than Jack Smith, and no I'm not RR either 

Bit harsh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sounds like another one of them pre meeting excuse, just in case.

Your mate Lambo :wink: is a very busy rider. He rode in 12 races last night, including 2 HT 15's when both meetings were well won.

His scores of 3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,2,3,3,2' show he didn't tail off. I'm sure he was well tired though.

He's been on holiday not that long ago, should be nowhere near being tired!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He's been on holiday not that long ago, should be nowhere near being tired!!

Short pre arranged break :wink:  How many meetings do you think he has ridden in since in a short space of time? What I was getting at is 12 rides in one night is a lot for anyone, and his scores suggest he was up for it and didn't go down hill. At this stage of the season, with it all to race for, the adrenaline should be enough to make sure the riders are fired up for the meeting :t:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johnno4 said:

Nice comment from someone who has probably never sat on a bike...Even worse if you have actually ridden one :(

• Like 1