British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Both promoters must have considered this before agreeing the date and start time.

Im sure your right but if you miss your flight or canceled or delayed you have had it 

Never ridden a speedway bike I admit. Had a Bonnie 650 many years ago though, The point about Jack Smith is nobody could do worse could they. Even if his replacement came last every time it wouldn't be any different but he may even a get a point or two.  

50 minutes ago, ray c said:

Im sure your right but if you miss your flight or canceled or delayed you have had it 

I expect there is more than one early flight on a bank holiday Monday.

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

all b/vue have to is win home matches against wolves/somerset that put's us on 39pts you can only reach 38pts maximum and that's not counting our away matches at wolves & swindon !!

We'll all have our fingers crossed for no rain on 10th September I'm sure ;)

4 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

poole beat you monday night it's over !!

3 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

poole beat you monday night it's over !!

But if we somehow pull off a miracle and beat them along with your lads on 6th, could be getting a bit squeeky

3 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

But if we somehow pull off a miracle and beat them along with your lads on 6th, could be getting a bit squeeky

no because we will beat wolves monday lunch time and we will get something down there at night also then we will beat you again on the 6th sept or least get a point !! and then beat somerset at home on 10th sept !! keep dreaming !!

Robins last 11 matches LLLWLWLWLLL. 2 of the wins have been home to LEICESTER.

20 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

no because we will beat wolves monday lunch time and we will get something down there at night also then we will beat you again on the 6th sept or least get a point !! and then beat somerset at home on 10th sept !! keep dreaming !!

You hope.

27 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You hope.

no i know !! you keep dreaming !! and i will carry on watching the ACES keep winning towards play/offs :rofl:

8 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

no i know !! you keep dreaming !! and i will carry on watching the ACES keep winning towards play/offs :rofl:

ha ha

I think he's upset that the Vue have never won the Elite/Premier, although runner-up 4 times, or could be losing the Charity Shield to the Robins at the start of this season? After being in the doldrums for years they are back up there now.

Either way, great famous old club, and superb stadium, and had an ace record and riders when I started following speedway.

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Short pre arranged break :wink:  How many meetings do you think he has ridden in since in a short space of time? What I was getting at is 12 rides in one night is a lot for anyone, and his scores suggest he was up for it and didn't go down hill. At this stage of the season, with it all to race for, the adrenaline should be enough to make sure the riders are fired up for the meeting :t:

Think you are getting it all wrong BB,remember it's only Poole riders that have a hectic schedule:D.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Think you are getting it all wrong BB,remember it's only Poole riders that have a hectic schedule:D.

I can be so thick at times :oops:, I just don't realise :t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Robins last 11 matches LLLWLWLWLLL. 2 of the wins have been home to LEICESTER.

Pretty dire really.