British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem B. 27/8/18. 7.30pm

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, johnno4 said:

Never ridden a speedway bike I admit. Had a Bonnie 650 many years ago though, The point about Jack Smith is nobody could do worse could they. Even if his replacement came last every time it wouldn't be any different but he may even a get a point or two.  

I've ridden big road bikes for many years and still do. I had a go on a friends speedway bike on a big field ...Bloody hell :blink:. About a 3rd of the power, but no brakes or suspension, as you know. The arse breaks away and I shut off and got a speed wobble and no fences or riders to hit either... Arse nipped up...And to think I wanted to be a speedway rider when I first went aged 8 lol.

All i'm saying is give the guys a bit of respect. Not a push bike will score more comment :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Many years ago perhaps before your time there was cycle speedway run on more or less the same way as real speedway. The boys were pretty fast and came off the same way, My comment was sardonic, and my main point was we couldn't do any worse with another rider, last is last.

Keep lowering those averages boys. I’d even have Nick Morris back on that average.

From 1st September

Troy Batchelor 7.96

Nick Morris 6.92

Tobiasz Musielak 6.61

Adam Ellis 6.49

David Bellego 6.00

Zach Wajtknecht 4.29

Jack Smith 2.00

Swindon 44

Batchelor 12+1

Bellego 4

Ellis 7

Musielak 7+1

Morris 10

Wajtknecht 4+2

Smith 0

Poole 46

Kurtz 9+1

Grajczonek 7+2

Worrall 4+1

Klindt 8+1

Harris 7

Woryna 9

Jakobsen 2+1

No Smith for this meeting. Unsure on reason why 

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

Morris withdrawn injured at Newcastle tonight.

Seems like everything is falling into place for Poole.

Seriously hope he is ok and can take his place tomorrow.

If Nick is unable to ride I wonder if J Holder is free rather than use r/r.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Seems like everything is falling into place for Poole.

Seriously hope he is ok and can take his place tomorrow.

Even with a full team for us they will win easily. Glad Spurs Man U is on the box to save me having to watch us lose badly to the lot we hate losing to the most!

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Even with a full team for us they will win easily. Glad Spurs Man U is on the box to save me having to watch us lose badly to the lot we hate losing to the most!

I think most teams fans do.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think most teams fans do.

Tomorrow could be extra bad due to the ribbing we gave them at the start of the season but to be fair we deserve it!!

• Haha 1

Think it could be closer than people think, Swindon always up their game when we are in town. 4 points either way for me, will depend if Nick is fit to ride and of course all Poole riders come through the morning meeting with no issues. 

11 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Tomorrow could be extra bad due to the ribbing we gave them at the start of the season but to be fair we deserve it!!

I think DC2( think that's right) was the worst..Only banter at the end of the day though. If Morris isn't able to ride, I hope Swindon, will pay Holder the money.. Could make for a good meeting.

Edited by Bald Bloke

22 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

To be fair, I’d rather lose to Poole than Man Ure.