British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Lakeside v Newcastle 24/8/18

Tomorrow, after what seems like an eternity, Lakeside attempt to stage a home meeting against Newcastle. It should be a win for the Hammers. Let's hope the weather gods are kind to us fans hoping to attend.

I note Adam has withdrawn from his guest booking at Ipswich tonight. Will have to wait and see if he rides on Friday (or any other day of the week-end for that matter).

According to the Lakeside website, Adam does ride.

Edited by TonyE
Updated

The weather forecast looked a bit iffy at one point but seems to be slowly moving in our favour.

Looking forward to this one, mainly because it will be good to see Robbo again, also because the last time I saw a Newcastle team ride was at Hackney, so that's going back a bit.

Hammers top three are walking wounded at the moment but there should be enough to see the Hammers comfortably home.

As a former Elite League snob, I am pleasantly surprised how much I am enjoying Speedwáy at CL level . I have enjoyed this season more than I have been enjoying it for some time. Every meeting this year has , I think, been  at least reasonable, and some very good. I haven't missed the top league ar all, which surprises me. 

• Like 1

i bet you dont miss the prices that are charged for watching the same guys but in a lower league  . paying for one ( 1 ) so called name really is not worth it . hope you can get sorted for 2019 .

Tough weekend coming up for the Hammers main thing is to keep all the riders in one piece,,,Home win looks nailed on with Adam reportedly ok to ride,,then pick up what we can away and we are well capable of some points there too  ,,,..Weather looks ok looking forward to a good safe meeting...

It depends what forecast you are looking at. The BBC looks reasonable, but the met office is pretty grim. I just hate these type of days, last Friday was lovely, but no meeting. 

• Like 1

Looks like rain to me. It will most probably be fine until around 5 past 8 knowing our luck.

17 minutes ago, liam said:

Looks like rain to me. It will most probably be fine until around 5 past 8 knowing our luck.

That's my fear.

3 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

That's my fear.

Best team we have had for god knows how long and we won’t make the play offs as we can’t fit our meetings in, after the driest summer for years. You couldn’t make it up lol.

• Like 4

And the weather is against Lakeside as well at the moment its chucking it down and very windy

Just waiting for club to say the meeting is off it’s hammering it down now 

I’m at work so can’t make it tonight, not seen any rain yet though although clouds have been darkening around London and Essex.

Hammering down here in Wickford to at 5 -15 pm

Still raining at 5-45pm khere ,,hoping it may clear at the track...

3 minutes ago, waco said:

Still raining at 5-45pm khere ,,hoping it may clear at the track...

More on the way according to radar.