British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Lakeside v Newcastle 24/8/18

I’m at Shenfield now and rain has hit here but stopped, checking the weather radar though suggests the track is getting hit hard and that won’t be the last of it for the night.

Good job we raced last week, oh hang on!

• Like 1

Not heavy but steady rain coming down. Hopefully it will blow through. 

Edited by Brian

Is there a curfew time at Lakeside?

Doesn't matter - it's OFF

Edited by StevePark
for postponement

Should have pulled the plug earlier. Apparently the 'senior' riders had no intention of riding. I stayed outside waiting for the inevitable, ive seen it all before. Plenty of people demanding their money back afterwards.

It says on Lakeside twitter  " Tickets from tonight are valid for all future meetings, alternatively refunds are available by sending tickets along with your name and address to the Speedway Office (address can be found in the Our Details section on the Hammers site)  Problem I see there is once we part with out tickets we have no proof of payment so I would suggest sending them by recorded delivery, and if possible keep a photocopy, surely it would have been much better to re-open the payment kiosks and let people get refunds on the night, I know the queues would probably have been quite long and it was pouring down but it would have been our choice whether we wanted to queue and get wet or apply for a refund by post.

I said earlier there was more in the way, apparently Lakeside don't care for forecasts, they just wanted to get the meeting on at all costs because they Fd up earlier in the season by having so many blank Fridays, well that's the price you pay, next time the weather looks dodgy people won't bother.

With the next home league match scheduled for the 14/9. It looks like 2 home fixtures won't get run before the cut off date. What a shambles of a season this is. I can't remember a worse one.

Could it be possible to rearrange the Newcastle meeting for next Friday?

1 minute ago, gregory peck said:

Newcastle are at Glasgow 

So you’re saying no then? Lol. Thanks mate.

I think the most shocking thing about tonight was when Jon Cook said the juniors were sent out to test the track and once they was ok the ref said the main meeting was ok to run!!! To me that is very very wrong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marko said:

I said earlier there was more in the way, apparently Lakeside don't care for forecasts, they just wanted to get the meeting on at all costs because they Fd up earlier in the season by having so many blank Fridays, well that's the price you pay, next time the weather looks dodgy people won't bother.

They had blank Friday's because that Pikey Godfrey pulled the plug on authorised fixture dates, then blocked revised fixtures on reserved dates. Even the fixture for Glasgow to come on 14th September is not showing on the BSPA website, so goodness knows what is going on there.  The BSPA under the leadership of Chapman and Godfrey has gone from bad to worse and it hasn't it bottom yet.

• Like 4