British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Lakeside v Newcastle 24/8/18

18 minutes ago, The Voice Of Reason said:

There's always the Jon Cook Guest House?

You can book in and pay by 8pm; shortly thereafter, you'll be asked to leave.

Please note that there are no seats in the room; despite the place being opened 34 years ago (in 1984).

Lakeside readily welcome 'guests'; although the hotel 'manager' hasn't actually got a clue - so despite the fact if you've already stayed here within the last 8 days, you should be fine to appear (according to Lakeside's promotion).

For Breakfast, people are due to meet on the restaurant at the 'exciting whole new era NL 2017' 14th floor. Such a shame that the Lakeside Hotel only got to building up to the 13th floor; the 14th never actually having been delivered. However, you can always dine in the 2017 K.O. Cup Restaurant. There won't be any chefs, staff or people......and the 'management' will never tell you why things haven't progressed; nor why anyone appeared to ever participate in said event. Suffice to say, if you see any of the 50 Shades of Grey folk wandering aimlessly around, tell them that there's a Jon Cook love-in somewhere in Essex in November, and they'll be quite happy and content.

Lakeside look forward to welcoming you......but please note, they are only open on Fridays.

P.S. if you have any complaints whatsoever, please address them to Jon Cook, Bullsh!tville, Sussex, South of the M25. However, please don't expect a response - as he is far too busy eating his pot noodle whilst stuck on Dartford Bridge.

Another Jon Cook bashing!!!!!

Change the record mate!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

Change the record mate!

I’ve been using different forums for about 5 years and it’s been no different, he’s still upset his services were no longer required at Lakeside and Jon Cook never used to supply tea or sandwich’s lol. Have to say that is a fantastic little story though it really is amazing what you can think up after a shandy or two.

Edited by liam
  • Like 1

Having spent the day at the track Friday, spending half hour out there on track clearing the water from the first downfall and then sitting in the box as we waited for the riders to play ball. I can assure you that everyone at the club did everything we could to get the meeting on. Despite the forecast we had to try and get a result due to the limited availability of the raceway for speedway... which has caused the issues we are experiencing with lack of fixtures not helped with BSPA not approving Fridays. 

I as a club ‘official’ I will not talk about fixture plans for the remainder of the season. However all avenues are being looked at and discussed to get as much in before the 16th cutoff. 

However, as I am also a member of Rye House track staff I can confirm that I was asked over the weekend to be available for Saturday the 15th as lakeside are hoping to race that night against an unconfirmed team. This is likely to be subject to BSPA approval which may be difficult. 

Either way the club are doing everything they can to get fixtures in. And the management remain firmly committed to the future of speedway at lakeside. I’ve seen the passion from Jon Cook first hand. (Bear in mind a call off means the club still has to pay for the venue at the cost of ££££)

That is all... apart from suggesting that most of you on here don’t comment about which you don’t know nothing about. If you have issues why not talk to Jon or anyone else involved with the club directly rather than getting all brave on an anonymous forum. Thanks 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Speedwaycrazy said:

Change the record mate!

Unfortunately he thinks he is funny and relevant. He is neither.

14 hours ago, liam said:

I’ve been using different forums for about 5 years and it’s been no different, he’s still upset his services were no longer required at Lakeside and Jon Cook never used to supply tea or sandwich’s lol. Have to say that is a fantastic little story though it really is amazing what you can think up after a shandy or two.

Like having Clerk of the Course licence.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 9:54 AM, Paulco said:

I always book pay when you stay , but have purchased train tickets albiet just from London Fenchurch St . Can somebody post on here if the Rye House thing is set in stone , so i can change bookings accordingly . 

Nearest station is Chafford Hundred, and it's a 20- 25 minute walk to the stadium. There is a Premier Inn 5-10 minutes from the station en route to the track. As there are two near the stadium, make sure you get the right one. It's the one near Sainsbury superstore.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, The Voice Of Reason said:

Clearly the ref. didn't check the rotten upright posts to the fences along the straights then; nor the cable-ties underneath the (expired) air-bags?

When did you last check them then?

On 8/27/2018 at 12:59 AM, The Voice Of Reason said:

Clearly the ref. didn't check the rotten upright posts to the fences along the straights then; nor the cable-ties underneath the (expired) air-bags?

Despite your snide snitching, the ref obviously gave it the thumbs up as being fit for purpose. Since you were last there they could of course remedied the issues you mention. Your issues of course are still with you. :approve: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Despite your snide snitching, the ref obviously gave it the thumbs up as being fit for purpose. Since you were last there they could of course remedied the issues you mention. Your issues of course are still with you. :approve: 

Of course, what the idiot doesn’t realise is that every track including Lakeside cannot race unless there is a valid track certificate. The track certificate can only be renewed after an inspection be an SCB inspector, and has to be renewed every three years. The inspection includes safety fences and airfences, and if it appears to ANY referee that the track has fallen below the required standard a further inspection may be ordered. Mick Bates did the last official track certificate in 2017, so it still has nearly 2 years to run. 

Voice of Reason is talking out of his rear end as usual . If he really was a clerk of the course as he falsely claims he would know all about track certificates.Instead he has just made a fool of himself yet again.

• Like 3

VOR does not help his case when criticising JC for things over which he has no control (i.e. stadium seating) - his general bitterness, coupled with a total inability 'to let it go' tend only to make him a laughing stock amongst the more rational forum members.

• Like 5

This meeting is being re-staged at Rye House on Saturday 15th September. Full statement on Hammers' website today.

• Like 1

Alleluya! At last a modest backlash. This guy certainly does bear a grudge.  Perhaps a bit of therapy's needed.;)