British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BWitcher

Plan to save the Sport

9 hours ago, BWitcher said:

I don't think I could have made it any more interesting.

How about if Jerran Hart does the coin toss live from his prison cell?

To be honest I think before we do anythink else we  must get Jerran Hart released from prison .In speedway terms he our Nelson Mandela and if  we can secure his released or break him out I think all speedway problems will be  at a end as he will  bring all the fans and clubs together .

Great ideas.  But I still think there's room for a tactical 'Triple Jeopardy' joker.  Can only be played one in each meeting by each team.  Unless the lower placed league team is over 10 league points behind with 40% of fixtures still to race.  Then they can opt to use the feature twice if there's a sun break.

The nominated rider (purple helmet) will score Triple points for that heat.  Then be called to the centre green for the 'jeopardy' section.  A coin toss.  Correct call - the riders points total is doubled.  Wrong call - they have to do the next race on foot.

Can't believe Starman's negativity, there's no pleasing some people.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 1

How about a 16 heat match format. The first 15 heats serve as the build up to the climax of the meeting the next heat wins it heat 16. If it ends a 3-3 then you'll have run off races until a team get a heat advantage up to a maximum of 4 run off heats. If these are all drawn races the result is decided by physic mini pig named bob and which team coloured trof he eats from. 

Think of the excitement and drama your team could be 30 points up but still lose in the dramatic heat 16.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

How about a 16 heat match format. The first 15 heats serve as the build up to the climax of the meeting the next heat wins it heat 16. If it ends a 3-3 then you'll have run off races until a team get a heat advantage up to a maximum of 4 run off heats. If these are all drawn races the result is decided by physic mini pig named bob and which team coloured trof he eats from. 

Think of the excitement and drama your team could be 30 points up but still lose in the dramatic heat 16.

Love Bob the psychic mini pig - this trough OR the other trough. Terrific TV. Go for this BSPA, because I guarantee it WILL attract a new generation or two o fans eager to see their team take home the bacon! Or be taken home by the bacon.

Good to see the positive ideas flowing, I'm sure a combination of them all could bring something to revolutionise the sport.

Only Starman has picked out a negative with his dislike of the 'regional' league. Good to see he is in favor of the remaining proposals though.

8 hours ago, ch958 said:

with blindfolded riders getting radio instructions from the pits

I've said many years ago something similar...

Like 'It's a Knockout', (but maybe not like 'Jeux Sant Frontieres' due to Brexit),  we should have hessian sacks put over riders helmets so they cannot see what's in front of them..

Each rider then has a buxom wench dressed as a milk maid allotted to them, standing on each bend, to shout "Left! Left! Left!" to them as they come past...

Each rider carries some coloured water in a bucket on his handle bars (the water being the same colour as his helmet cover) and each buxom wench has two pails hanging from a wooden pole across her shoulders...

After four laps the rider puts what left of the water into his milk maids pails..

She then runs to the tapes with the pails of water and decants them into one of four designated, red, blue, white and yellow tubes...

The rider with the most water gets three points, the second two etc...

Imagine the excitement build as all the maids decant their pails into the tubes?

Stuart Hall may be unavailable to do the commentary though...

Could be a winner...

Edited by mikebv
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’m up for buxom wenches.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Balanced I hope by other body shapes of other genders so that the appeal of "attraction" is almost universal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

Imagine the excitement build as all the maids decant their pails into the tubes?

This is what is really needed. Building up the excitement and variety of ways in which the race winner can be calculated. After three laps a female rider should take over the bike for a final lap ( or perhaps another three ). True gender balanced racing. Of course, they could be self-identified in their gender "on the day".

• Like 1

I doff my cap to you on your forward thinking, BWitcher. This is just what we need to bring the fans back. 

I'd like to see heat 15 run over 40 laps. This would be a great test for the lads after a night of hard fought racing. Maybe we could have the track staff slinging shopping trolleys onto the track at random points to show a true test of the riders bike control. Winner of this incredible climax wins 36.72 points for his team & saddles him with a 23 point average for his team's following fixture. (Not applicable to the KO Cup). It's a winner, I tell ya!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

To be honest, I think we have enough t*ts in speedway already, most of them on the administrative side... :rofl:

Steve

The first step is simple - A TOTALLY INDEPENDENT RULING BODY!

13 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

The first step is simple - A TOTALLY INDEPENDENT RULING BODY!

This thread is for sensible ideas to move the sport forward, not insanity.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

This thread is for sensible ideas to move the sport forward, not insanity.

In that case I propose all 14 programmed riders start the race with the back marker dropping out after each lap until there is one guy left. That guy gets three points and the previous 2 get two and one respectively

Ht2 has only 13 starters as the guy who finished last in ht1 dropping out of the meeting. Same format for races and subsequent hts.

That way fans would get by my reckoning 111 laps at least for their £s 

• Like 1