British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

I've been told Dan has a possible broken left leg and possible broken right arm. He was apparently conscious throughout until given drugs by Doctor to move him from the track into the Ambulance.

Hope he heals fast and well.

That was an big crash that.

• Like 1

I was at Eastbourne tonight where an awful crash during heat 15 led to another meeting abandoned. Best wishes to both Dan Bewley and Georgie Wood.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, montie said:

Isn't the official line something to with having a doctors note or not..?.. No note no riding for 7 days 

Also for a concussion isn't it standard 7days or something 

8.1.2 Where a rider suffers Concussion at a Meeting then a fixed period of Suspension will be automatically applied to the riders SCB Registration and the riders FMN will be notified. The minimum period of Registration / Licence suspension will be:

Over 20 years of age: 9 days (or more if so indicated by the MO)

16-19 years of age: 12 days (or more if so indicated by the MO)

15 years old and under: 23 days (or more if so indicated by the MO)

16.5 FACILITIES

h) is sick or carrying a non-speedway injury for which a Medical Certificate must be supplied to the SCB within 48 hours of the sickness / injury occurring in which case the Rider will receive a mandatory 7 days suspension of his SCB Registration from the day of the meeting.

Edited by Isotonic

Seems that Lakeside Management made a boo boo....Steve Worrall had been asked to guest for Richard Lawson, and he had agreed to do so. (It was even confirmed on the Lakeside Meeting Preview on their Website !). 

He actually got here to the stadium and Jacko swiftly pointed out that he is ineligble to ride tonight due to the 8 day rule !  Lakeside seemed to have forgotten about this when they asked Steve to guest  !!   He was spotted driving out of the stadium in his van shortly before the meeting started. ...Oh Dear !

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Hope dan is ok , texter on updates blames mason i dont think he was to blame he was going for a gap same as kyle and dan just a racing accident with a bad ending. Now on the bad side i guess tonights tickets get us in next meeting either free or with a massive reduction howabout as a gesture to laura we all on here pay the full admission and spread the word so laura doesnt take to much of a hit i know not all will  but now is the time to stick together , tonight has been a bad night with flight delays the late ambulance arrival and poor dan in hospital lets do all we can to show laura massive support.finally on the plus side well done kyle on his first comet race win.

I'm up for that geoff, its all of our club after all .

• Like 2

i agree with you liz !!! . why oh why didnt some supporters do the right thing and just buzz off out of the stadium instead of waiting and waiting to see if they could see something . people like that make me throw up .REFUNDS , that should be the last thing that they think of . greedy , ignorant people . shame on you scumbags .

• Like 5

As Halifax tiger says. All our thoughts should be with Dan who aswell as Chris I'm hearing just a badly broken leg and arm. If that's the case he can find himself very lucky indeed by all accounts. 

Now onto Worrall for Lawson. Yes it was the right thing to do to not let stevie ride. Rules are rules and Mr Jackson rightly pointed it out when stevie arrived at track but FFS... come on man.... lakeside announced hours earlier he was riding. Why diddnt worky stop the guest then instead of let him drive all the way to worky for a meeting they knew he would never ride in. 

Again it just looks like promoters got it in for each other and trying to outdo them with not a care in the world for the riders 

• Like 6

Playing Devils advocate here maybe our promotion didnt see the announcement as i think there were other priorities yesterday like getting the facilities sorted and riders picked up from airports! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

Playing Devils advocate here maybe our promotion didnt see the announcement as i think there were other priorities yesterday like getting the facilities sorted and riders picked up from airports! 

First of all, best wishes to Dan Bewley and, Workington Speedway on what can't be easy times atm,,,

Adding to the guest/8 day rule, although a silly rule IMO,,, some are blaming promotions etc. but suppose it would be too much to ask to have the riders to be 'clued-up' on the rules also ?

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Liz !!! said:

Ive been sent a video this evening that shows Mason is clearly not the cause of the accident, I am so disillusioned with speedway tonight after a couple of things that happened at the track after the accident, 1, after being asked to leave some 'supporters' chose to either stay in the stadium or return to see what was going on after being asked to leave quickly and quietly, give your heads a wobble its not a side show, go home and wait to hear the news in due course, 2nd the people whinging and whining about getting a poxy refund, get a grip a young lad was still lying on the track with multiple injuries, his Dad and Gran had to witness what happened, our promotor and team manger were clearly distressed, go home, do the decent thing and email the club at a more appropriate time if your are that god damned desperate. Im with you Geoff lets get behind our club and support them in any way we can and stop behaving like utter morons over things of no importance

Spot on from the heart post Liz, with you completely !

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

As Halifax tiger says. All our thoughts should be with Dan who aswell as Chris I'm hearing just a badly broken leg and arm. If that's the case he can find himself very lucky indeed by all accounts. 

Now onto Worrall for Lawson. Yes it was the right thing to do to not let stevie ride. Rules are rules and Mr Jackson rightly pointed it out when stevie arrived at track but FFS... come on man.... lakeside announced hours earlier he was riding. Why diddnt worky stop the guest then instead of let him drive all the way to worky for a meeting they knew he would never ride in. 

Again it just looks like promoters got it in for each other and trying to outdo them with not a care in the world for the riders 

Please don't assign any blame for this at the door of Workington Speedway . By all accounts saturday leading up to the meeting was very challenging to say the least.

The rules are in place and its not Workington's fault that for whatever reason those rules would have been breached. Its incumbent on team managers and to a point riders to be familiar with the rulebook on such matters. It appears Tony Jackson did.

• Like 4

Nothing to do with Workington IMO, Lakesides cock up it appears.

• Like 3