British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

Fully agree that it is down to Lakeside not knowing Steve w as ineligible. I do feel however that there were sufficient opportunities (and not solely Workington) to have nipped this in the bud early enough to prevent a wasted journey and expense of same.

Best wishes to Dan for a speedy recovery.

It is but IF Worky knew and left it until last night to say anything to get an advantage that’s poor form. If they didn’t then fair enough and Lakesides error. We will probably never know.

Bery best wishes to Dan Bewley.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It is but IF Worky knew and left it until last night to say anything to get an advantage that’s poor form. If they didn’t then fair enough and Lakesides error. We will probably never know.

Bery best wishes to Dan Bewley.

Poor form my a*** do u think for one minute jon cook at lakeside racing against a top team in a fight for the top 4 would have said anything if position was reversed, and what about mr know it all godfrey who must have given permission for worrell to ride he should have known so no sympathy for lakeside or worrell be interesting to know how "ill" mr lawson was or is,if a family issue then can understand not coming but us oldies think back to jack.millen and kenny carter riding with broken legs !

Best wishes to Dan on a full and speedy recovery,sounds nasty. I can't believe the Lakeside or the rider doesn't know the rules on this one they have been in place for a while,It was even pointed out on this website yesterday morning,while it is not their problem surely Worky knew that Lawson was being replaced by Worrell and should have pointed out the fact that Worrell had ridden there the week before as a guest. (Maybe they did) Poor Management all round IMO.Again no consideration for the fans.

Edited by Fromafar

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Poor form my a*** do u think for one minute jon cook at lakeside racing against a top team in a fight for the top 4 would have said anything if position was reversed, and what about mr know it all godfrey who must have given permission for worrell to ride he should have known so no sympathy for lakeside or worrell be interesting to know how "ill" mr lawson was or is,if a family issue then can understand not coming but us oldies think back to jack.millen and kenny carter riding with broken legs !

That doesn't make it right. Workington apparently knew about the guest appearance in advance but said nothing until Worrall actually arrived. 

BP is spot on. The way I see it, Lakeside are incompetent, Workington are underhand so this does not reflect well on either.

One other thing from last night : there seemed to be a considerable degree of pleasure from the result at EWR on Friday...…..

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

Pathetic from lakeside who should of known of the 8 day rule before hand. 

Best wishes to dan b as well.

• Like 1

Sounds like it was a horror crash , i wish young Dan a full and speedy recovery 

Best wishes for a good recovery to Dan Bewley and  Georgie Wood ,,,,

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

That doesn't make it right. Workington apparently knew about the guest appearance in advance but said nothing until Worrall actually arrived. 

BP is spot on. The way I see it, Lakeside are incompetent, Workington are underhand so this does not reflect well on either.

One other thing from last night : there seemed to be a considerable degree of pleasure from the result at EWR on Friday...…..

Dont normally disagree with u halifax but have to on this one it was not up to jacko or anyone from workington to let lakeside know about worrell any sporting team is going to use an advantage to beat the other team comets are utterly blameless , in this day and age do to others what they would do to u but do it first !

Hope Dan has a good recovery and we see him fit and well next season, seems to be one thing after another at Workington this season what with the change of race nights hope it has not had too much effect on Laura and the promotion.You deffo deserve to be in the playoffs.

• Like 4

It was down to Lakeside in my opinion but as usual the only ones who were going to lose out is the fans. Doesn’t really matter now anyway, all that matters is that Dan Bewley is going to be ok.

• Like 4

Agreed - could we suspend the seemingly endless bickering over rules please in view of what has happened to Dan?  Sending him positive vibes.

• Like 2

Re the Worrall who is to blame situation surely it's about time the riders were up to speed with the rule book as well then they ie Stevie Worrall in this instance  could have pointed out he was ineligible to ride and saved himself a wasted journey.

Best wishes as well to Dan for a speedy recovery.

Edited by hammer1969
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyE said:

Fully agree that it is down to Lakeside not knowing Steve w as ineligible. I do feel however that there were sufficient opportunities (and not solely Workington) to have nipped this in the bud early enough to prevent a wasted journey and expense of same.

Best wishes to Dan for a speedy recovery.

hold on a minute 

steve should have been the first person to realise he couldn't guest  

lakeside might not keep a eye on who guests for who and where at 

theres so many riders and managers that done know the rules its a joke 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Hope dan is ok , texter on updates blames mason i dont think he was to blame he was going for a gap same as kyle and dan just a racing accident with a bad ending. Now on the bad side i guess tonights tickets get us in next meeting either free or with a massive reduction howabout as a gesture to laura we all on here pay the full admission and spread the word so laura doesnt take to much of a hit i know not all will  but now is the time to stick together , tonight has been a bad night with flight delays the late ambulance arrival and poor dan in hospital lets do all we can to show laura massive support.finally on the plus side well done kyle on his first comet race win.

This may well be the best Post I have seen on this forum. 

I was not at the meeting last night but a close friend was and he advisd that it was a very nasty crash indeed.

Further to your point regards the admission,maybe a collction could be arranged for Dan, with us (edinburgh) coming down next week(maybe too soon for tonights meeting)  im sure there will be a lot of fans who will contribute.

Get Well Soon Dan. 

• Like 4