British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

While you are absolutely right that everyone should have taken the instruction that Dave Hoggart gave out and left the stadium, I don't think in the circumstances that anyone was acting badly if they stayed on for a short while or came back later. That was simply a case of deep concern for Dan Bewley's condition and I thought the way fans behaved last night was exemplary.  Not one single person was rubber necking to get a better view.

As to the refund,  taking Geoff's excellent advice I have torn my ticket up this morning. It beggars belief that with a young rider prostrate on the track in extreme pain anyone's thoughts would be anywhere but with him. 

Happened almost right in front of me and was undoubtedly one of the worst I have ever seen. Such was the nature of the crash that I really did think the worst and, indeed, I am somewhat relieved that the current diagnosis is a broken leg and arm. 

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here (see the second highlighted part of your post)  If you are asked to leave the stadium, you do so as quickly and as safely as possible and to go back in to 'have a look' is acting badly in my opinion.

Best wishes to Dan for a full recovery, however long it takes.

Also, on the Steve Worrall fiasco, people appear to want to blame Lakeside (quite rightly) for getting a guest who was ineligible or Workington (again rightly) for acting in an ungentlemanly conduct way, for letting the rider turn up and then saying he can't ride, but not many have pointed out someone at the BSPA must have approved to the guesting in the first place?

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Hope Dan has a good recovery and we see him fit and well next season, seems to be one thing after another at Workington this season what with the change of race nights hope it has not had too much effect on Laura and the promotion.You deffo deserve to be in the playoffs.

It has been a nightmare season off track ,hope the Promotion come out off it ok.Cant afford to lose such a good track from the sport.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here (see the second highlighted part of your post)  If you are asked to leave the stadium, you do so as quickly and as safely as possible and to go back in to 'have a look' is acting badly in my opinion.

Best wishes to Dan for a full recovery, however long it takes.

Also, on the Steve Worrall fiasco, people appear to want to blame Lakeside (quite rightly) for getting a guest who was ineligible or Workington (again rightly) for acting in an ungentlemanly conduct way, for letting the rider turn up and then saying he can't ride, but not many have pointed out someone at the BSPA must have approved to the guesting in the first place?

Whilst not mentioning specifics, the BSPA were just one of the 'back stops' I was alluding to in my earlier post. I still feel the prime  responsibility rests with Lakeside to do their homework properly.n

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Whilst not mentioning specifics, the BSPA were just one of the 'back stops' I was alluding to in my earlier post. I still feel the prime  responsibility rests with Lakeside to do their homework properly.n

Or even Worrall himself,has he not been in the game long enough to be aware of the 8 day rule?

• Like 1

Best to wishes to Dan, hoping for positive news in the coming days and a speedy recovery. Everyone who follows speedway knows the risks that are taken by the riders and how dangerous it can be but it never makes it easier when someone is seriously hurt. Best wishes to his family also, must have been horrendous for his father and nan to witness the accident. Fingers crossed Dan can recover fully and resume his highly promising career. A very highly thought of youngster by many within the sport, clearly shown by all the get well messages seen across social media. 

Nice to see Craig Cook attempting to raise some funds for young Dan too, fantastic work again, much like his work for Mitchell Davey. He does seem to not help himself at times with his actions but he has shown this year that he truly does care for the sport and care for his fellow professionals. Great work Cookie.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

From a Scunny Fan 

firstly a speedy recovery to one of Britain’s young talents Dan Bewley , as for the Steve Worrall guest situation it’s not up to him it’s up to Lakeside management and also the Workington promotion if they have tried to win at all costs that’s a poor show. Hopefully Stevie is paid the full amount he due for his time and fuel .

Ps when is the cut off for the Top 4 playoffs as this current weather will hinder a few sides as they strive to get in the top four 

Once again best wishes to Dan Bewley a rider who always gives his all and to all riders who risk life and limb to provide us fans with our entertainment 

1 minute ago, Tosh1218 said:

From a Scunny Fan 

firstly a speedy recovery to one of Britain’s young talents Dan Bewley , as for the Steve Worrall guest situation it’s not up to him it’s up to Lakeside management and also the Workington promotion if they have tried to win at all costs that’s a poor show. Hopefully Stevie is paid the full amount he due for his time and fuel .

I'm a neutral fan.   You miss a point completely.   The rules are black and white on this case and that is why Worrall could not ride.    If Worky allow a rule to be bent then a precident is set and any team can follow Lakeside.    It's Lakeside's fault.         

I assume Lakeside had to get the guest booking agreed with the BPSA.   They should also be held resposnible if they have allowed Worrall to travel as it's a clear mistake.    Worky have done nothing wrong.   It's not win at all costs.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mark said:

I'm a neutral fan.   You miss a point completely.   The rules are black and white on this case and that is why Worrall could not ride.    If Worky allow a rule to be bent then a precident is set and any team can follow Lakeside.    It's Lakeside's fault.         

I assume Lakeside had to get the guest booking agreed with the BPSA.   They should also be held resposnible if they have allowed Worrall to travel as it's a clear mistake.    Worky have done nothing wrong.   It's not win at all costs.

I’m saying if Workington knew about the guest booking why haven’t they flagged this up as it’s denying us fans 7 man teams racing against each other

Re my earlier post, clearly not then....

Just now, Tosh1218 said:

I’m saying if Workington knew about the guest booking why haven’t they flagged this up as it’s denying us fans 7 man teams racing against each other

I can't comment as the timings and process followed is not available.   Lakeside and the BPSA need to say what happened and when.  Surprised Worrall didn't know the rule as many riders take guest bookings 

Worky have done nothing wrong but it's a stupid rule in many ways.      We all want 2 x 7 man teams but obstacles are put in place.    Who cares if a rider guests 5, 6 or 8 days apart as all teams use a guest.    Petty minded rule.

• Like 1

If everything goes well it's gonna be a minimum six month recovery for young Bewley. 

Here's hoping he can be back next year as fast as possible.