British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

13 minutes ago, Duckbill said:

If everything goes well it's gonna be a minimum six month recovery for young Bewley. 

How do you know this ?   

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

How do you know this ?   

He's a mate of mine.

Edited by Duckbill

55 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

I’m saying if Workington knew about the guest booking why haven’t they flagged this up as it’s denying us fans 7 man teams racing against each other

A text from lakesides team manager to confirm a guest booking was made, but when the team manger challenged this, no text was ever received. Now you may find that convenient, but at lakesides admissions the afore mentioned text was never answered. So my point being the text was never received. But and I mean this sincerely. If I was a team manager at this particular time of the season with the play offs looming, and my team in a battle with potentially another team capable of making the play offs. I would have made great efforts to telephone NOT Text,My intention to use a guest. A text in my opinion does not especially if it goes unanswered would be sufficient enough to allow a guest. I would have rang to confirm to make sure all parties involved were made aware. Just my opinion but lakeside/guest can blame no other than themselves. 

Edited by Ickiethump
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Duckbill said:

He's a mate of mine.

Please wish him well.   Very sad news.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ickiethump said:

A text from lakesides team manager to confirm a guest booking was made, but when the team manger challenged this, no text was ever received. Now you may find that convenient, but at lakesides admissions the afore mentioned text was never answered. So my point being the text was never received. But and I mean this sincerely. If I was a team manager at this particular time of the season with the play offs looming, and my team in a battle with potentially another team capable of making the play offs. I would have made great efforts to telephone NOT Text,My intention to use a guest. A text in my opinion does not especially if it goes unanswered would be sufficient enough to allow a guest. I would have rang to confirm to make sure all parties involved were made aware. Just my opinion but lakeside/guest can blame no other than themselves. 

Also I think Tony Jackson wouldn't be arsed ratching about for a text message,when he was trying to get 2 of his own riders into the country as hoggy has explained 

51 minutes ago, Hoggy said:

Morning,

It's a pretty empty feeling many of us have this morning, please don't let this thread descend into the usual forum bitching, life really is too short - trust me.

Like you all I sincerely wish Dan a full and speedy recovery.

Cancelled flights, the delayed start, and non arrival of the ambulance all conspired to undermine what promised to be a great Speedway meeting and make this a night to forget.

I apologise to anybody who felt there were any shortcomings last night it was a day and night from hell for everyone connected with the club.

Also, it is a policy agreed with the Medical Officer not to comment on injuries or play music/make announcements whilst somebody is being treated on the track unless asked to do so, the PA system is loud and effective and drowns out communication between the medics and injured party so I regret not being in a position to keep you completely informed. You saw us preparing for the Air Ambulance as this would have brought the emergency doctors but this was changed due to flight logistics issues never the less the Doctors from the Air Ambulance team tore across the county by car to fulfill their commitment and duty, just incredible.

Jacko spent most of the morning liaising between myself, Nicolai and Rasmus once their flight had been cancelled and all options were looked at to get them to Derwent Park including a Helicopter charter. The nearest we could get them to DP was Manchester to land at 5 pm so a request was made and supported by Lakeside to delay the start by 30 minutes. Nicolai and Rasmus started their shuttle around Europe and Jacko and I put in contingencies to cover myself as announcer/presenter and both riders in the event of further delays so that it was game on whatever happened. If Jacko didn't look at the Lakeside website please do forgive him, at the end of the day the Lakeside team was Will's responsibility and would have had to have been cleared with the Referee at some point. Let's not make anyone feel too bad about that at the end of the day both clubs gained nothing from yesterday and have the opportunity to race each other again.

I really would like to praise Nicolai and Rasmus they could have so easily given up and stayed in DK and I do hope they are ok after their white knuckle ride to DP in the back of the Funmobile :o

Super comments as allways from hoggy the best their is at any stadium, just one question did the funmobile ever get below 100 mph?also.a big up to "town" who are going to have a  bucket collection next home game for dan shows great support for one of our own.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Super comments as allways from hoggy the best their is at any stadium, just one question did the funmobile ever get below 100 mph?also.a big up to "town" who are going to have a  bucket collection next home game for dan shows great support for one of our own.

Thank you, fortunately Rasmus thought it was reading in KPH ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you here (see the second highlighted part of your post)  If you are asked to leave the stadium, you do so as quickly and as safely as possible and to go back in to 'have a look' is acting badly in my opinion.

Best wishes to Dan for a full recovery, however long it takes.

Also, on the Steve Worrall fiasco, people appear to want to blame Lakeside (quite rightly) for getting a guest who was ineligible or Workington (again rightly) for acting in an ungentlemanly conduct way, for letting the rider turn up and then saying he can't ride, but not many have pointed out someone at the BSPA must have approved to the guesting in the first place?

Let me make it clear, Steve. No-one - no-one - went back 'to have a look'. No-one, indeed, looked in the first place, to the massive credit of all at the track. 

If anyone stayed a little longer than they should have or returned at a later point it was solely out of concern for Dan Bewley, nothing else.

Spooky coincidence!!! It was August bank holiday weekend in 2016 when Dan got a season ending injury with a bad crash at Newcastle 

2 hours ago, Hoggy said:

Morning,

It's a pretty empty feeling many of us have this morning, please don't let this thread descend into the usual forum bitching, life really is too short - trust me.

Like you all I sincerely wish Dan a full and speedy recovery.

Cancelled flights, the delayed start, and non arrival of the ambulance all conspired to undermine what promised to be a great Speedway meeting and make this a night to forget.

I apologise to anybody who felt there were any shortcomings last night it was a day and night from hell for everyone connected with the club.

Also, it is a policy agreed with the Medical Officer not to comment on injuries or play music/make announcements whilst somebody is being treated on the track unless asked to do so, the PA system is loud and effective and drowns out communication between the medics and injured party so I regret not being in a position to keep you completely informed. You saw us preparing for the Air Ambulance as this would have brought the emergency doctors but this was changed due to flight logistics issues never the less the Doctors from the Air Ambulance team tore across the county by car to fulfill their commitment and duty, just incredible.

Jacko spent most of the morning liaising between myself, Nicolai and Rasmus once their flight had been cancelled and all options were looked at to get them to Derwent Park including a Helicopter charter. The nearest we could get them to DP was Manchester to land at 5 pm so a request was made and supported by Lakeside to delay the start by 30 minutes. Nicolai and Rasmus started their shuttle around Europe and Jacko and I put in contingencies to cover myself as announcer/presenter and both riders in the event of further delays so that it was game on whatever happened. If Jacko didn't look at the Lakeside website please do forgive him, at the end of the day the Lakeside team was Will's responsibility and would have had to have been cleared with the Referee at some point. Let's not make anyone feel too bad about that at the end of the day both clubs gained nothing from yesterday and have the opportunity to race each other again.

I really would like to praise Nicolai and Rasmus they could have so easily given up and stayed in DK and I do hope they are ok after their white knuckle ride to DP in the back of the Funmobile :o

Fantastic posy Hoggy thank you for that.Ifs it's any consolation you were clear, concise and very professional in the face of adversity so thanks again.

• Like 4

Its a shame for dan but his accident has pulled all the comets fans and fans from all.over and riders as well shows how close the speedway family is may it continue.

• Like 5