British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

On 8/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, geoff100 said:

Hope dan is ok , texter on updates blames mason i dont think he was to blame he was going for a gap same as kyle and dan just a racing accident with a bad ending. Now on the bad side i guess tonights tickets get us in next meeting either free or with a massive reduction howabout as a gesture to laura we all on here pay the full admission and spread the word so laura doesnt take to much of a hit i know not all will  but now is the time to stick together , tonight has been a bad night with flight delays the late ambulance arrival and poor dan in hospital lets do all we can to show laura massive support.finally on the plus side well done kyle on his first comet race win.

i have to say geoff100 , i am with you on this gesture towards laura and workington speedway . a great idea , so lets all club in and give something back to laura and show some support to her for the last few years of running speedway....

i know i have NOT been on her list for xmas cards . so if fans cant make this gesture , please top up the buckets for dans collection . every little helps .

can a leopard change its spots , this one did . . 

• Like 3

Latest update on Dan from Comets website confirms his injuries as : broken left femur (5 places) ; broken upper right arm and broken left wrist. Following a 7 hour operation on Sunday his injuries have been pinned and plated and doctors are pleased with how it went. They hope to get him up on his feet in the next 24 hours. 

dans only a wee fella

them injuries are gonna give him grief in later life 

ive been riding bikes almost twice as long as dans been alive without breaking bones but I still suffer in cold weather 

It was reported that Bewley faces a six month recovery time meaning it will be touch and go to be race fit for the start of next season.

Best wishes to him.

When I first heard about the crash I feared it was going to be worse than broken bones. All the best in your recovery Dan and if Lakeside do a collection if we ever have another meeting I will be putting a few quid in.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Bad injuries, all the best Dan for a good recovery. 

Very serious injuries, but if there's a consolation he doesn't seem to have Head or Spinal injuries which is always a worry when you hear of such horror crashes.Dan is a superb talent and very level headed hope he makes a good recovery and only returns when 100% which I'm sur he will with the people behind him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Very serious injuries, but if there's a consolation he doesn't seem to have Head or Spinal injuries which is always a worry when you hear of such horror crashes.Dan is a superb talent and very level headed hope he makes a good recovery and only returns when 100% which I'm sur he will with the people behind him.

That is indeed the blessing in all of this Fromafar your quite right.

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Latest update on Dan from Comets website confirms his injuries as : broken left femur (5 places) ; broken upper right arm and broken left wrist. Following a 7 hour operation on Sunday his injuries have been pinned and plated and doctors are pleased with how it went. They hope to get him up on his feet in the next 24 hours. 

These injuries juries will make mobilising difficult. He won’t be able to use crutches etc. Poor Dan......

That's the winter trip to Australia gone down the Swanee. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery Dan.

So is it r/r for dan or can we use guests or use a poole  rule and sign someone due to injury ?

38 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

So is it r/r for dan or can we use guests or use a poole  rule and sign someone due to injury ?

R/R OR Guest.  Up to the club.  And I know your last question is tongue in cheek, but for those unaware, you shouldn't be able to sign someone as cover!

7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

R/R OR Guest.  Up to the club.  And I know your last question is tongue in cheek, but for those unaware, you shouldn't be able to sign someone as cover!

But there could be opportunities when signing another rider could be desirable or essential. Multiple injuries and guests would be a worse option than new signings. 

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Maybe book s worrell he knows the way to derwent park !

• Like 1