British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

11 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Maybe book s worrell he knows the way to derwent park !

ave. probly too high, can't see that getting overlooked.

15 hours ago, StevePark said:

R/R OR Guest.  Up to the club.  And I know your last question is tongue in cheek, but for those unaware, you shouldn't be able to sign someone as cover!

I was told on  that with serious injury/season ending injury you are allowed to sign a rider to replace...I'm not sure that's the route we would take though 

11 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

I was told on  that with serious injury/season ending injury you are allowed to sign a rider to replace...I'm not sure that's the route we would take though 

Whoever told you is wrong !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Whoever told you is wrong !!

I thought that before when the signing window had closed, clubs were permitted to replace an injured rider, subject to the following conditions:-

• The replacement had a GSA equal or below that of the injured rider
  • The replacement was not already riding for another club in that particular league
  • The replacement is already an asset of the club seeking to replace their injured rider
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, cyclone said:

I thought that before when the signing window had closed, clubs were permitted to replace an injured rider, subject to the following conditions:-

• The replacement was not already riding for another club in that particular league
  • The replacement is already an asset of the club seeking to replace their injured rider

2018 rule

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cyclone said:

You're making things up, as usual.

Racers and Royals has quote the rule correctly.

• Haha 1

Crazy rule, obviously badly injured, not forgetting Dan but penalises clubs and fans. I believe  Dan would be unreplaceable though on his present form,  R/R should do alright.  Again good luck to Dan in continuing his career next season.

Edited by comet49

23 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Crazy rule, obviously badly injured, not forgetting Dan but penalises clubs and fans. I believe  Dan would be unreplaceable though on his present form,  R/R should do alright.  Again good luck to Dan in continuing his career next season.

It's the same rule that severely damaged Berwick's chances last season when they where hit by injury and the same rule that applies to all teams , so not quite a crazy rule as you put.

It seems strange that a club cannot replace a rider with season ending injuries after the cut off date. Some common sense would surely be in order in these circumstances...

• Like 2

Yeah, an intransigent rule when you cannot replace a rider with a season ending injury. Not surprised it's just so typical of the apparent lack of common sense that appears to prevail.

Personally i would go with guests where possible. R/R longer term could ultimately prove detrimental. Horses for courses.

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

It seems strange that a club cannot replace a rider with season ending injuries after the cut off date. Some common sense would surely be in order in these circumstances...

35 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Yeah, an intransigent rule when you cannot replace a rider with a season ending injury. Not surprised it's just so typical of the apparent lack of common sense that appears to prevail.

Personally i would go with guests where possible. R/R longer term could ultimately prove detrimental. Horses for courses.

This rule has affected, is affecting, us. However whilst I totally agree it's an awful rule, I get why it's in place. Imagine "cough" cough" certain promoters bringing in ringers in the latter stages of the season to win the league for them.

As usual the many are hampered by the "dodgy" few, who spoil it for everyone.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

To be fair (and I am not sticking up for the BSPA) I dare say it’s been written like that because teams in the past have brought in ringers for the play offs and cup finals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's the same rule that severely damaged Berwick's chances last season when they where hit by injury and the same rule that applies to all teams , so not quite a crazy rule as you put.

I didn't mean crazy because of the Comets, I remember thinking it was wrong last year that riders couldn't be replaced. Probably brought in to stop shenanigans but surely in some cases common sense should apply. Ooops, it's the BSPA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Yeah,  good point.