British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Lakeside 25/08/2018 7:30pm Ch

On 8/26/2018 at 1:07 AM, A.N.Other said:

Seems that Lakeside Management made a boo boo....Steve Worrall had been asked to guest for Richard Lawson, and he had agreed to do so. (It was even confirmed on the Lakeside Meeting Preview on their Website !). 

He actually got here to the stadium and Jacko swiftly pointed out that he is ineligble to ride tonight due to the 8 day rule !  Lakeside seemed to have forgotten about this when they asked Steve to guest  !!   He was spotted driving out of the stadium in his van shortly before the meeting started. ...Oh Dear !

So , can anyone tell me just how long the 8 day rule for guesting has been in place .  i am sure its on par (time wise )  with the 2 min warning ! i know its different for guesting for the home team . its a shame that riders are not switched on to the basic rules of the sport and show themselves up when it comes to grabbing money off promotors . looks like the greedy monkey would not let go of the fruit in the bottle ...  clenched  fist springs to mind !

am i correct in thinking that the entrance ticket from the leakside meeting that was abandoned . if you write on the back of the ticket DONATE TO DAN  the value of the ticket presented @ the kiosk will be given to dan AS LONG AS THE TICKET HOLDER PAYS HIS/HER USUAL TICKET PRICE TO THE MEETING ?

Edited by jenga

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

I thought that before when the signing window had closed, clubs were permitted to replace an injured rider, subject to the following conditions:-

• The replacement had a GSA equal or below that of the injured rider
  • The replacement was not already riding for another club in that particular league
  • The replacement is already an asset of the club seeking to replace their injured rider

Crazy hey... I do understand it would have to have certain rules with so promoters couldn't pull a fast one to strengthen, but with injuries like broken bones/head injuries/long term surely sense should prevail ..BSPA say no more :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badge said:

This rule has affected, is affecting, us. However whilst I totally agree it's an awful rule, I get why it's in place. Imagine "cough" cough" certain promoters bringing in ringers in the latter stages of the season to win the league for them.

As usual the many are hampered by the "dodgy" few, who spoil it for everyone.

Yeah but you really cannot feign season ending injury so in that respect it once again seems like speedway rules hurting speedway clubs. Just look at the issues clubs have had getting guests this season. The ability to sign a replacement rider in such clear cut circumstances is the most common sense option. Of course this depends on whether the right rider is available  with an average not higher than the rider whom said rider is being brought in for as an injury replacement.

12 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Yeah but you really cannot feign season ending injury so in that respect it once again seems like speedway rules hurting speedway clubs. Just look at the issues clubs have had getting guests this season. The ability to sign a replacement rider in such clear cut circumstances is the most common sense option. Of course this depends on whether the right rider is available  with an average not higher than the rider whom said rider is being brought in for as an injury replacement.

You'd like to think they couldn't wouldn't you :unsure:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

But someone did so it was changed and now genuine cases are being punished

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair (and I am not sticking up for the BSPA) I dare say it’s been written like that because teams in the past have brought in ringers for the play offs and cup finals.

One team either did it or tried to do it regularly Dick and then their biggest competitor in the Midlands followed suit so twisted knees and pulled shoulder muscles became season ending injuries

13 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

One team either did it or tried to do it regularly Dick and then their biggest competitor in the Midlands followed suit so twisted knees and pulled shoulder muscles became season ending injuries

I don’t doubt it 

It wouldn't surprise me if the rule was changed in some way when the consequences have been realised. It wouldn't be the first time. Having said that, nothing happened after bad injuries last year, will it have any effect with it happening again?

Edited by comet49

On 8/29/2018 at 4:34 PM, SteelShoe said:

Hans Andersen had a season ending injury for Poole in 2016 & was replaced by then SGP rider Antonio Lindback. Hans did manage to ride in Poland afterwards...

Guessing it was a BRITISH season ending injury!

Last weeks 5050 was drawn tonight  ticket 6227 was the number if you have it please send me a dm or bring it to next weeks meeting