British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue V's Wolves 27/08/18

Hoping young Dan will come back stronger from this.He is a fine young prospect and always great to watch.

This seriously dents Belle Vues chances now.Although i expect them to get into the play-offs,with this injury i think it will be a step to far to win them.Can they sign a replacement for an injured rider?

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Hoping young Dan will come back stronger from this.He is a fine young prospect and always great to watch.

This seriously dents Belle Vues chances now.Although i expect them to get into the play-offs,with this injury i think it will be a step to far to win them.Can they sign a replacement for an injured rider?

If we can bjerre fits 

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

If we can bjerre fits 

He will do come September.

In situations like this it should be allowed imo.But then again it could but open to abuse from some clubs:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No its r/r. Rotten time for an injury.  A precedent has been set in previous seasons. Wolves last year or Poole a few years ago with Darcy. Had to go into the playoffs with r/r.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No its r/r. Rotten time for an injury.  A precedent has been set in previous seasons. Wolves last year or Poole a few years ago with Darcy. Had to go into the playoffs with r/r.

When they rules change on an annual (or more) basis it's hard to know what is precedent and what is a one-off!

It is crap when injuries happen at the end of the season. Can’t think of a worse case than Wolves losing both main heat leaders for the playoffs last season.

The rules have never allowed for signings after the cut off. They should for serious injuries, but were Wolves allowed to sign replacements last season for the playoffs?

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

I'm sure the rules were changed this year 

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

I'm sure the rules were changed this year 

I thought the same.

2 minutes ago, mikec said:

Tonight a reminder that the playoffs & trophies, though very nice, aren't the be all & end all of speedway that some would have you believe. 

Watched Bewley from the start in 2016, unassuming kid with phenomenal talent. Starts 2018 at reserve & beating heatleaders home & away, mostly from the back too. He's the heartbeat of our club imo, get well soon Dan. :cry:

Spot on Mikec, somehow the play offs don’t seem that important as I sit here and think about Dan.

So true. I don't really care about the playoffs right now. Dan is the future of BV and British speedway. I will just be happy right now if he's back riding for the Aces next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Firstly can only echo the sentiments that a speedy recovery for Dan and if it is a broken leg that he can come back strong when fit. One of the most naturally gifted riders we have had since Woffy.

as for an injury replacement for Dan I can’t see how it can be allowed. Poole in 2016 and Wolves in 2017 had dreadful luck with key riders injured that ruined any potential chances of a title bid, particularly Wolves last season.

No it isn’t fair but thems the rules. 

Most importantly tho is the health of Dan at this time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It is crap when injuries happen at the end of the season. Can’t think of a worse case than Wolves losing both main heat leaders for the playoffs last season.

The rules have never allowed for signings after the cut off. They should for serious injuries, but were Wolves allowed to sign replacements last season for the playoffs?

And wasnt Wards injury at that time non speedway related?

Dan Bewley has been a breath of fresh air, everywhere he has ridden.   Such a welcome talent who can compete with the best.   I feel so sorry to hear of this bad accident and wish him a speedy recovery,  also,  Belle Vue for the sad loss from their team in their quest to reach those PO's    

I too,  think that BV should have the facility to replace a serious injured rider,  but  because this rule was abused in the past,   (by a couple of teams who faked up, make-believe injuries to bring in  GP riders) , there is now,   no replacements allowed.  

• Like 2