British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue V's Wolves 27/08/18

I think it would be common sense to allow injury replacement signings for riders who break bones between the cut off and the start of the play offs. This injury will diminish the quality of the last four meetings.

• Like 3

I'm no honestly sure that the rule was changed this year to allow serious injury replacements. Which Dan will be one unfortunately. 

1st and foremost I hope Dan will be ok and just a badly broken leg is the injury. He can count himself lucky if it is.  Best wishes to him. 

Every single belle vue fan don't want this replacement. We want Dan. 

I would even go as far as saying that 30% of the attendances are there to see Dan only. 

BUT......... 

Let's win the league for Dan. And only way we can do that is bring back fans fav bjerre. But we can't do that till after 1st September. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

I'm no honestly sure that the rule was changed this year to allow serious injury replacements. Which Dan will be one unfortunately. 

1st and foremost I hope Dan will be ok and just a badly broken leg is the injury. He can count himself lucky if it is.  Best wishes to him. 

Every single belle vue fan don't want this replacement. We want Dan. 

I would even go as far as saying that 30% of the attendances are there to see Dan only. 

BUT......... 

Let's win the league for Dan. And only way we can do that is bring back fans fav bjerre. But we can't do that till after 1st September. 

Art 16.3.4 - No Team changes will be allowed after 12th August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

Best wishes to Dan, our thoughts are with him.

• Like 1

Us comets fans feel your frustrations too...this year has been our best for many and loosing Dan has made the fans more determined to get behind the lads and support them all the way to the finish... we said last night lets  do it for Dan!... good luck BV in your quest to get to the Playoffs...look after our Cumbrian boys...

Nothing in the rule book about being able to replace an injured rider after transfer deadline date(apart from riders returning to a team after injury) so it will have to be R/R

edit Neil beat me to it !

Edited by racers and royals

Ah right fair enough. Thanks. 

FU speedway 

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Special dispensation maybe? 

No other teams been allowed it passed so really we shouldn't be. 

We're used to it. Happened with bjerre back in 2005. Fricke a few years ago and now Dan. 

We just like to do things the hard way

This is where the play-offs can become farcical.Through no fault of any team if you are the best by miles over the season and you get an injury or two at the end this will more than likely end your challenge.A couple of posters have already said it has happened to their teams in the last few years which finished them.

I think we need a rule change as to when a team gets a rider that is seriously injured they should be allowed a change after the so called date.Although this must be controlled properly as this has been abused by a couple of teams in the past.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

No other teams been allowed it passed so really we shouldn't be. 

We're used to it. Happened with bjerre back in 2005. Fricke a few years ago and now Dan. 

We just like to do things the hard way

It’s a great shame mate for the lad, your club and the Play Offs. Special dispensation shouldn’t really be given but the rule needs looking at for next year. I think whoever finishes top now will pick you guys as Bewley is a huge miss at the NSS and R/R is unlikely to cover adequately.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

It is being reported by Rybnik on Twitter that Dan had an operation on his leg at 1.00am this morning. I hope that it was successful and that Dan has a full and speedy recovery. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Surely you can have a guest for Dan as he is a heat leader ?

Dan isn’t a heat leader for Belle Vue

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Surely you can have a guest for Dan as he is a heat leader ?

Unfortunately, not. Dan is third in our averages for this year but only fifth in the rolling averages, moving to fourth on the 1st September. 

11 hours ago, mikec said:

Tonight a reminder that the playoffs & trophies, though very nice, aren't the be all & end all of speedway that some would have you believe. 

Watched Bewley from the start in 2016, unassuming kid with phenomenal talent. Starts 2018 at reserve & beating heatleaders home & away, mostly from the back too. He's the heartbeat of our club imo, get well soon Dan. :cry:

10 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

So true. I don't really care about the playoffs right now. Dan is the future of BV and British speedway. I will just be happy right now if he's back riding for the Aces next season.

The future of your club and the heartbeat of your club was riding for Workington! While your other heartbeat of the club was riding for Glasgow the other week instead of the Aces! Wishing the kid well though and hope he can come back from this where he left off