British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue V's Wolves 27/08/18

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Agree in principle but BSPA/SCB rules cannot dictate what happens in other countries!!

True. But the rule could state if a rider does ride elsewhere, no facility will be granted to their UK club.. That could help stop riders/clubs taking the pee come crunch time, maybe ? 

24 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Agree in principle but BSPA/SCB rules cannot dictate what happens in other countries!!

Maybe the rules could state if any rider replaced then rides elsewhere, any points scored by his replacement would be scrapped. 

not ideal as replaced rider could ride after his team get to the next stage of the play offs etc.

27 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Best wishes to Dan for a full and speedy recovery. 

I’m making the trip up tomorrow from Ipswich for my first visit to the NSS. I’ve booked tickets for the grandstand.  

Any advice regarding parking and eating at the stadium or any other useful information I might need ??

Tthere's secure parking on pink bank lane , which is off kirkmanshulme lane , or alternatively you could park 

On the gala bingo or showcase cinema car parks facing the NSS 

The view from the grandstand is fantastic and has food and drink at each end of the concourse 

Unfortunately you're not allowed to take your own food and drink into the stadium,

Hope the weather holds off and you enjoy your visit , it really is a fantastic venue for Speedway 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The ruling can be very clear tho. A season ending injury means just that. It’s very clear. A season ending injury cannot or should be applied to a rider that is riding in another country. That by it’s own definition is not season ending injury!

If a rider was to make a comeback in another country the club should lose the replacement facility. Pretty clear and transparent to me.

• Like 2

The news, whilst not good, is not as bad as I feared.

Hopefully, Dan will be fit and well in time for next year.

• Like 1

I know its silver lining..but at least injury near end of season so he should be fit for start of next & not miss too much racing....

• Like 1

Good from Cook but also from Emil! That's really shows international friendship in the sport..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

True. But the rule could state if a rider does ride elsewhere, no facility will be granted to their UK club.. That could help stop riders/clubs taking the pee come crunch time, maybe ? 

like hans andersen did while riding for poole in 2015 rode in denmark while unfit in england !! say no more !!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

like hans andersen did while riding for poole in 2015 rode in denmark while unfit in england !! say no more !!

Talking out your arse as usual. 2016 no replacements our season was ruined. Andersens season over caused by an out of control Fricke.

Andersen_Fricke_Crash3_AG3Y0268copy640x4

Edited by Steve Shovlar

5 hours ago, mikec said:

Please accept my apology for my post being too Belle Vue--centric for you. :blink:

Of course I feel for Worky too & their fans who are affected by last night's events, a club we enjoy a good relationship with. Surprised I need to explain myself, but just for you Iain I have. 

No apology or explanation needed Mike, must just be galling to have "your" rider getting injured riding for someone else, that's speedway though... I often wonder how safe the lower leagues are

• Like 1

sad news about dan hope he has a speedy recovery ,i see james sarjeant in for greaves hope belleview and wolves have plenty of starting tapes 

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Talking out your arse as usual. 2016 no replacements our season was ruined. Andersens season over caused by an out of control Fricke.

Andersen_Fricke_Crash3_AG3Y0268copy640x4

But Hans rode in Poland afterwards. So clearly wasn't season ending