British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue V's Wolves 27/08/18

2 minutes ago, jaybob said:

rory not fit hope hes ok at monmore, stand in reserve again showing morris how to score, hes not scoring many anywere lets hope hes better at monmore hes done enough laps around there we need him to step up 

He may prove me an idiot but if he can't cope with the open spaces of the NSS he's going to struggle around Monmore:)

10 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

I've made a start:party:

float.jpg

I know, hence my post.

I haven't said anything that will upset anyone I don't think :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

#2 The reason for not opening the gates till 19:00 (normally 18:30) is clubs agreed later start to assist travelling riders/fans. 

Can you explain why you have changed the gate opening time. The fact that racing doesn't start until 8pm doesn't mean that the gates should open later. One has nothing to do with the other.

And the reason it was delayed was due to a certain no1 moaning about the track. 

All though it wasn't just him tbf

• Haha 1

on my home from the match gantry's on the M60 were informing of a 2 hour wait between Junc 19 and 17 on the M6, that's going to affect all traveling from this meeting to the one at Wolves.

As for the match the last 5 heats were all 5-1's. 4 to Belle Vue.....1 to Wolves, I never expected as between heats 1 and 10 the match was swinging 1 way then the other, must of been tough for the traveling Wolves fans, but cracking for all the Aces fans.

Hopefully we can come away from Monmore with at least 1 point. 3 would be great.....but I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Can you explain why you have changed the gate opening time. The fact that racing doesn't start until 8pm doesn't mean that the gates should open later. One has nothing to do with the other.

I suspect because of H&S the gates cant open until a certain number of attendants are in place, and if the attendants are speedway supporters they may well be part of those travelling from BV on a bank holiday Monday and potentially get stuck in traffic with others. All maybe of course.

4 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I suspect because of H&S the gates cant open until a certain number of attendants are in place, and if the attendants are speedway supporters they may well be part of those travelling from BV on a bank holiday Monday and potentially get stuck in traffic with others. All maybe of course.

It`s certainly not because the greyhounds are racing later than normal as last race is 18.09 which is the same as every week.

Impressive from Belle Vue considering they got 1pt from Bewley's rides. 

Cook was brilliant - easily the best I have seen him at NSS this year - and never looked like being beaten.

The track was dreadfully wet to start with but there was still some decent racing.

48 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

There's no ruddy good reason apart from saving the extra wages of the folks on the turnstiles. 

A good  14 point win considering we only got 1 point from Dan’s rides.

one step further to the play offs

Edited by Gunner85

3 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

A good 8 point win considering we only got 1 point from Dan’s rides.

one step further to the play offs

8,don't you mean 14

3 hours ago, Wolfsbane said:

#1 Didn't know about Dan's collection, good reason for interval, starting 30 minutes late, not so much.:t:

#2 The reason for not opening the gates till 19:00 (normally 18:30) is clubs agreed later start to assist travelling riders/fans. 

I'll take a score draw 1-1B)

Just to keep the record straight,the collection was in aid of the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund not specifically for Dan.

Although hopefully Dan's injuries may have swelled the coffers a bit more than normal. 

• Like 1

Considering how wet the track was, it stood up well and produced some decent racing.  Fricke & Berge pulling some good passes.

No track in the country can cope with the rain like B.V.

Shame they now all have to trek down the M6 to have a go on the Monmore trick-track!

• Haha 1

There was some decent races and considering all of the rain yesterday and this morning the track rode well right from heat 1. Craig Cook was on fire scoring a paid 5 ride maximum. We won relatively easily in the end but we certainly missed Dan with the reserves and Worrall scoring only a solitary point from r/r.

This is the latest update on Dan's injuries, taken from the Workington website.

"Issued at 15:00hrs on Monday 27th August
Following his crash at Workington on Saturday evening Dan Bewley has now had all of his currently planned operations and is now recovering well in Carlisle Infirmary. 

The doctors have reported that they are very pleased with how everything went. 

His injuries can now be confirmed as a broken left femur (in five places), a broken upper right arm and a broken left wrist. 

After being in theatre for seven hours on Sunday he has been 'pinned and plated' and the doctors are looking to get him up on his feet for the first time within the next 24 hours. 

Dan's spirits remain high and he thanks everyone for their messages of support. 

Again, we repeat, that Dan's family have politely asked that although everyone is obviously concerned as to Dan's welfare, which is greatly appreciated, that they refrain from contacting the hospital to enquire about his condition. 

We have spoken with Dan's family, who have promised to keep us updated at regular intervals and we will bring further updates on his condition when we have them. 

On behalf of Dan and his family we thank-you all for your continued support."

Ouch!!!!!
Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Really enjoyed my first visit to the NSS.  Despite the wet track we enjoyed some terrific racing in a great stadium. 

I parked in the stadium car park as suggested and failed to have the brunch in the Peter craven suite instead having a burger from downstairs. I’m sure as it was about 11am it must have been kept warm from the last colts meeting !!

presentation was first class as Hayley kept everyone informed of the delays which you could hear clearly and chase the ace was very good value too with good crowd participation. 

Very much looking forward to returning very soon. Plus not one single hold up going or returning on my 450 mile round trip !!!!!!

• Like 2