British Speedway Forum
hyderd

Belle Vue V's Wolves 27/08/18

On Monday only allowed RR

so Steve Worrall and the reserves

on/ after Sept 1st.. Rohan T , Steve W and reserves

trouble is rain all day today break in the night then rain f/cast up to 1pm tomoz ?  if its cancelled there is not much room for match to be re-arranged wolves are riding weds & next monday we are riding next weds somerset then last day 10th sept cut/off date so we would have to be a double header with somerset on 10th sept at NSS again weather permitting ? things are going against us atm :cry:

Only showing as a 20% chance of rain tomorrow morning so should be good hopefully!

Over the last 3 years we've witnessed teams chop and change their starting line ups and even bring in GP riders just for the play offs,

All within the rules i may add, but come the end of season PO chase the Aces chances are yet again ruined by injuries (  Fricke / Bjerre )

This isnt sour grapes BTW,  as i know Wolves suffered similar fate last year , but the rule is a joke.  why should teams be punished 

When a rider is genuinely injured ??

Main thing is Dan makes a speedy recovery, he's worth the admission fee alone  

• Like 5

It seems unfair, but Belle Vue will have to suck it up like Poole and Wolves did in the last couole of seasons.

Rather than try and get special dispensation, the rule could be changed this coming agm so that in the condition that a rider is seriously injured and it is season ending, a guest can be used.

46 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Dan isn’t a heat leader for Belle Vue

I just thought he was because he is that good 

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

The future of your club and the heartbeat of your club was riding for Workington! While your other heartbeat of the club was riding for Glasgow the other week instead of the Aces! Wishing the kid well though and hope he can come back from this where he left off

Please accept my apology for my post being too Belle Vue--centric for you. :blink:

Of course I feel for Worky too & their fans who are affected by last night's events, a club we enjoy a good relationship with. Surprised I need to explain myself, but just for you Iain I have. 

11 hours ago, SPD444 said:

Spot on Mikec, somehow the play offs don’t seem that important as I sit here and think about Dan.

11 hours ago, Ace no.5 said:

So true. I don't really care about the playoffs right now. Dan is the future of BV and British speedway. I will just be happy right now if he's back riding for the Aces next season.

these were my first thoughts, then I thought how Dan would feel and the rest of our team/club. We should go out there and win the p/off's (should we reach them} for Dan, that's what he would want.

• Like 1

Horrible news about Dan, hope for a good speedy recovery.

As for the rules they seriously need changing, it's baffling after what happened to Wolves last year that the BSPA didn't look at this ( then again is it).  The rule obviously can't be changed now and I'm afraid we won't win the league with R/R for Dan, it's not very doubtful we will even finish top 4.  

More importantly though is seeing Dan back in the saddle come March next season.

Craig Cook has tweeted.

"Love this sport but not when one of my mates gets a bad knock.@DanBewley is made of tough stuff though. He is going to need help in his recovery. I am putting up 4 pit passes for the final GP at Torun. Highest bid wins. All monies to my marra. Come on let’s get behind this kid."

Typical of Craig's generosity. I hope it raises lots of money and that we have a collection at the meeting tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Keep checking my phone for an update, hope it’s positive news. A big knock for GB and Aces speedway. He does have seven months to recover and will only miss (for us anyway) four meetings plus KO Cup semi. 

I’ve always said The Aces will never win the play offs as our horrendous luck carries on throughout the season, no swings and roundabouts to see here. 

The rules were seen as a joke after Kennys injury cost us the title in 2005. Changes to the rules only saw the usual suspect clubs flout them so we saw another rewrite and low and behold who does it effect again?

Aside from Wolves last year we’re the only club to be hit this way - again. 

Looking forward to next April and seeing super Dan around the NSS. 

Have a good Xmas everyone. 

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 16.3.4 - No Team changes will be allowed after 12th August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

Best wishes to Dan, our thoughts are with him.

Didn’t think it had been changed. Thanks for clarifying.

3 hours ago, Trees said:

Special dispensation maybe? 

Why? Wolves didn’t last year when they had both top 2 riders injured after the cut off. 

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Over the last 3 years we've witnessed teams chop and change their starting line ups and even bring in GP riders just for the play offs,

All within the rules i may add, but come the end of season PO chase the Aces chances are yet again ruined by injuries (  Fricke / Bjerre )

This isnt sour grapes BTW,  as i know Wolves suffered similar fate last year , but the rule is a joke.  why should teams be punished 

When a rider is genuinely injured ??

Main thing is Dan makes a speedy recovery, he's worth the admission fee alone  

Absolutely agree WG. I don’t see an issue with being able to replace an injured rider after the August cut off date.

And when I see injured I mean season ending. Not able to ride in one country and not another. Nobody could argue the injuries to Dan this year and to Freddie and Jacob last weren’t or aren’t season ending. Dan is totally irreplaceable in his position in the team. Rotten luck but one I hope Dan is able to come back strong from.

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Didn’t think it had been changed. Thanks for clarifying.

Why? Wolves didn’t last year when they had both top 2 riders injured after the cut off. 

Absolutely agree WG. I don’t see an issue with being able to replace an injured rider after the August cut off date.

And when I see injured I mean season ending. Not able to ride in one country and not another. Nobody could argue the injuries to Dan this year and to Freddie and Jacob last weren’t or aren’t season ending. Dan is totally irreplaceable in his position in the team. Rotten luck but one I hope Dan is able to come back strong from.

Agree in principle but BSPA/SCB rules cannot dictate what happens in other countries!!

Best wishes to Dan for a full and speedy recovery. 

I’m making the trip up tomorrow from Ipswich for my first visit to the NSS. I’ve booked tickets for the grandstand.  

Any advice regarding parking and eating at the stadium or any other useful information I might need ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Agree in principle but BSPA/SCB rules cannot dictate what happens in other countries!!

I agree that any injury should be season ending and in that circumstance I cannot see how he could ride anywhere. Nothing to do with rules or jurisdiction in other countries. The rider wouldn't be physically capable of riding.

Edited by Aces51