British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars TV Meeting 27:08:2018

Must admit, I wasn't keen travelling to Leicester on a Bank Holiday Monday. The traffic on the A47 can be murder at times,  so seeing its on the television makes the decision not to go far more acceptable.     I will be disappointed  if the Stars cant come away with a couple of points at least,  probably even taking  the full score of  4.     I had hoped Leicester would  benefit from the promotional change with the new brush sweeping clean ,   but unfortunately things haven't turned out that well,.   Firmly anchored at the base of the league they are having a rough time with every match getting harder to win.    With the Stars still having 3 matches  to play against the Lions,  these points could have a big bearing on the final placings of the league.. 

I don't like to prophesise more Leicester gloom,  but I'm going for a convincing away win..   40 -50   ....     

• Like 1

I’m the other way on this after what they did to Belle Vue. I think it’s a narrow away win but wouldn’t be surprised if liecester were to win. Hard to predict really. Gate and go

Leicester will be looking for home wins to end their season and I think they should do that against KL.

Is this the tv meeting then ,I thought it was the Wolves meeting

• Like 1

Having performed well there twice already this season we should be looking for a win really, but having clattered Belle Vue last time out Leicester can’t be taken lightly. Will depend on gating of course.

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Is this the tv meeting then ,I thought it was the Wolves meeting

I was going to ask the same question as some TV guides have it as Wolves v Belle Vue?!

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I was going to ask the same question as some TV guides have it as Wolves v Belle Vue?!

BT themselves are saying Wolves v Belle Vue- they must have changed it in the last few days.

Lions v KL was originally due to start at 6pm, but at the last meeting it was announced it had been moved to 7.30 due it being televised, so perhaps BT have changed their minds. Wolves v Belle Vue promises to be a closer meeting.

Sky TV and BT Sport Guides still showing it as the Leicester meeting. Wolves v Aces is an 8pm start so either BT or Wolves would have to change their programme schedule or the meeting start time.

3 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Sky TV and BT Sport Guides still showing it as the Leicester meeting. Wolves v Aces is an 8pm start so either BT or Wolves would have to change their programme schedule or the meeting start time.

Bt sport website is showing it as Wolves v Belle Vue and Eleven Sports in Poland also have the same match listed.

Thought it had been changed to Leicester v KL. Not sure of reasons. 

All will be confirmed during tonight's GP I suspect...

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Bt sport website is showing it as Wolves v Belle Vue and Eleven Sports in Poland also have the same match listed.

That's confusing, the BT Sport programme planner on their web site, says its Leicester v Kings Lynn, and above that info it shows the team logos of Wolves and Belle Vue!  Doh....

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Come on Leicester do them over!:D

Oh well that's my decision made then. If it's going to help Poole then I won't mind at all if the Lions lose again. Got quite used to it now anyway. :D