British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars TV Meeting 27:08:2018

I look at the Leicester track and surrounding area and think what could have been developed there. 

Nice to see a good crowd there. Shame about the track.

• Like 1

Lots of mention of fixture clashes with NKI but unsurprisingly no one took the opportunity to confirm he would be at Lynn on Wednesday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I look at the Leicester track and surrounding area and think what could have been developed there. 

Nice to see a good crowd there. Shame about the track.

Not just the poole track then Eh...

12 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Lots of mention of fixture clashes with NKI but unsurprisingly no one took the opportunity to confirm he would be at Lynn on Wednesday.

I thought we had been assured the Stars would be at full strength in a previous post by management member Trees.

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The shape of the Poole track is ok,  it's the waves and potholes that cause the problems, oh and the oil of course..

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, mrss said:

I thought we had been assured the Stars would be at full strength in a previous post by management member Trees.

She did- but that was before Esbjerg named him for Wednesday in a home match covered by Danish TV. If Esbjerg know he won`t be riding for them then they are out of order.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

She did- but that was before Esbjerg named him for Wednesday in a home match covered by Danish TV. If Esbjerg know he won`t be riding for them then they are out of order.

Puzzling trying to think what Esbjerg could gain by lying. Denmark have priority on Wednesdays so they would find it pretty difficult to justify to Danish TV and sponsors that they allowed NKI to ride for Lynn.

3 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Puzzling trying to think what Esbjerg could gain by lying. Denmark have priority on Wednesdays so they would find it pretty difficult to justify to Danish TV and sponsors that they allowed NKI to ride for Lynn.

They did in a match about 4 to 6 weeks ago when they named him and he was riding for Lynn- i think if their match wasn`t on Danish TV they wouldn`t be worried too much about NKI as they cannot reach the finals.

Edited by racers and royals

Excellent result for Lynn even though they took their foot off the gas towards the end. Racing dreadful but that’s nothing to do with the Premiership, it’s the track shape.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The Poole track has been there for a long time.... Leicester is new(ish) and the stadium had space, yet the track is so poorly designed, and its been altered since it was built. Shudder to think what it was like before.

Did you ever go to Hyde Road (the old BV track).????   Once you been there you know what speedway racing was really about.  The NSS BV track is the same.

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The Poole track has been there for a long time.... Leicester is new(ish) and the stadium had space, yet the track is so poorly designed, and its been altered since it was built. Shudder to think what it was like before.

Did you ever go to Hyde Road (the old BV track).????   Once you been there you know what speedway racing was really about.  The NSS BV track is the same.

The present poole track was put in in 1996,  Whoever designed Leicester wants shooting. No i never went to Hyde rd, but ive seen footage.

Purpose built for speedway too wasn't it. am i right in saying Sam Ermolenko designed it? I know he had a lot of input at the time. Such a shame really! With all that space it could have been like Belle vue Another supertrack

The lads did us proud! Again! Riss is flying! 

56 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

Purpose built for speedway too wasn't it. am i right in saying Sam Ermolenko designed it? I know he had a lot of input at the time. Such a shame really! With all that space it could have been like Belle vue Another supertrack

The lads did us proud! Again! Riss is flying! 

Sam was to be involved but withdrew when Hemsley made changes without him. Nothing to do with Sam.

57 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

No Sam didn't design it. Well, he did have input in the first place but then went back home for a wedding (I think) and while he was away David Hemsley went his own way and carried on with the track how he wanted it. Result ~ poor processional racing for years. :(

• Like 3