British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Leicester Lions V Kings Lynn Stars TV Meeting 27:08:2018

On 8/28/2018 at 12:48 PM, OveFundinFan said:

When I go on google maps (doesn't have to be google maps) and look down on Leicester speedway track, and look down on Leicester Cycle Speedway at Slater Street, they look the same shape, although one is only 75 yards per lap. Many years ago (1965) I raced on the Slater Street cycle speedway track, and it was absolutely fine for that sport, but the speedway track truly is a poor race track. Going back to David Hemsley, if he has been 3 times World cycle speedway champion and 5 time British champion, then he must really have been a brilliant rider.

You're right and I've pointed this out a couple of times in previous threads: the original dimensions of the speedway track at BP were in almost exactly the same proportions (width of centre green to the distance between the apexes of the corners) as those of the cycle track at Slater Street. A bizarre coincidence? 

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed it. Was decent for Leicester 

• Like 1