British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Kasper just couldn’t get off the starts last night. Chased shadows.

Matt could have got Klindt at Lynn tomorrow but decided not to bother, as this meeting is a dead rubber for Poole and it would probably have cost a fee to his Danish club. We are not going to finish top and are in the playoffs so the result is not important to us. It is for Kings Lynn who need the points to finish top. 

I think the result will be around 50-40. Klindt will be missed as he is on very good form and his gating is the best in the league, bar perhaps Doyle.  It was so good last night the ref called it back and he got a warning when in truth it was just a perfect start.

Most important tomorrow is for the Poole guys to play around with set ups in case we go there in the playoffs.

Buster isn't that stupid to prepare a track this Wednesday and the same again if Poole come back in the Play-Offs :rolleyes:

Edited by Daniel Smith

I think, its Buster who holds all the keys to the outcome of this meeting.    Last weeks DH enabled the 2 meetings to run with different tracks. The first was very grippy and times were fast.   The racing was processional and spaced out.  The second was a lot slicker, where the times were slower, but provided  better racing.    The Lynn riders  adapted well to the conditions and reaped the rewards, whereas  Wolves  struggled in the first  match, but were much more at home with the second.   

The result of tonight's meeting  is the main concern,  but if we can lay some sort of marker down, all well and good.    I  would suggest  tonight will be very grippy giving us fast times, and favours those who can attack the conditions.     But rest assured, tonight preparation will have little bearing on any conditions,  should we meet Poole again in the PO. 

Is Klindt riding at KL tonight or not? Both club websites state that he is. So I hope that he is.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

For me it’s pretty simple, we have had two hidings at your place this season but have won at Belle Vue and drawn at Somerset, two tracks which suit us much better. I believe we can beat the Rebels and Aces over two legs but have a much smaller chance against Poole. Therefore I believe we need to finish top, pick Belle Vue and hope that we beat them and Somerset beat Poole.

Nobody is being underestimated.

Can't see us beating Somerset over 2 legs, they are too good around Wimborne Rd, second in line would be Belle Vue and then probably our best bet would be Lyn, who always seem to struggle at our place.

If I was Middleditch or Ford I be telling my rider's to be well beaten, 60-30ish, in the hope that would give the King's Lynn management the confidence to pick them in the Play-Offs. Pay the rider's a guarantee set of money to throw the meeting. 

This late in the season it's all about gamesmanship, tactics, and Poole certainly don't want Somerset out of all the other Play-Off teams.

• Confused 1

Are you getting this rain over Lynn way? Awful morning in the Fakenham area.

Its been raining all morning here in Norwich, and looking at the rainfall radar, probably the same at Kings Lynn. The rain is moving away now out to sea so should be OK for tonight.  Natural watering should make for a good racing surface tonight.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Is Klindt riding at KL tonight or not? Both club websites state that he is. So I hope that he is.

According to his twitter he flew out of Birmingham airport this morning to Denmark so I think it is safe to assume he isn't riding tonight. It is a re-arranged meeting so a facility is allowed.

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If I was Middleditch or Ford I be telling my rider's to be well beaten, 60-30ish, in the hope that would give the King's Lynn management the confidence to pick them in the Play-Offs. Pay the rider's a guarantee set of money to throw the meeting. 

This late in the season it's all about gamesmanship, tactics, and Poole certainly don't want Somerset out of all the other Play-Off teams.

I would think Ford/Middleditch would want all 4 points if they could.That would show their intent on winning the league and play-offs and put a warning out to the other contenders.Surely they will say 4 points here and 3 at home that would leave Lynn needing 2 points from Wolves and Somerset away,that's providing they beat Leicester at home twice.Then that would give Poole the choice anyway.

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Are you getting this rain over Lynn way? Awful morning in the Fakenham area.

Weather is dry here in Wisbech now after rain during the early morning.Meant to be dry all day now so don't see any problems whatsoever.

Nicolai definitely in Denmark tonight so r/r will operate.

The Stars to win and finish top without question. They will then choose BV, leaving Poole to fight it out again with Somerset. Doyley is on record as saying that Somerset would choose Poole anyway, given the choice so maybe there is a bit of overconfidence building in the Somerset ranks with Poole's 1-7 not having performed well all at once so far.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Surely not we would be accused of cheating:t:

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Nicolai definitely in Denmark tonight so r/r will operate.

The Stars to win and finish top without question. They will then choose BV, leaving Poole to fight it out again with Somerset. Doyley is on record as saying that Somerset would choose Poole anyway, given the choice so maybe there is a bit of overconfidence building in the Somerset ranks with Poole's 1-7 not having performed well all at once so far.

Think Poole will struggle a bit more from 1st September with Klindt and Woryna in the main team. Worrall and Jakobsen is nowhere near as strong as Klindt or Woryna at reserve. If Kurtz has his off day there's no covering him like the other 2 did.

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Surely not we would be accused of cheating:t:

Nope, tactics isn't cheating. As long as they don't have a night of 10+ EF's and are running close to back wheels nobody would really notice.