British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If I was Middleditch or Ford I be telling my rider's to be well beaten, 60-30ish, in the hope that would give the King's Lynn management the confidence to pick them in the Play-Offs. Pay the rider's a guarantee set of money to throw the meeting. 

This late in the season it's all about gamesmanship, tactics, and Poole certainly don't want Somerset out of all the other Play-Off teams.

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

If I was Middleditch or Ford I be telling my rider's to be well beaten, 60-30ish, in the hope that would give the King's Lynn management the confidence to pick them in the Play-Offs. Pay the rider's a guarantee set of money to throw the meeting. 

This late in the season it's all about gamesmanship, tactics, and Poole certainly don't want Somerset out of all the other Play-Off teams.

Really Daniel!!!!! Can you imagine the outrage on here, if a Poole fan even suggested it, let alone if it actually happened.

Any news on weather, raining here at moment?

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Klindt missing a big loss - Ford. Also says Lynn won’t pick us in the semis.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16604084.kings-lynn-would-not-pick-pirates-in-semi-final-says-ford/

Well according to one of your fellow Poole fans you could have had Klindt if your P/O place wasn't assured.He actually said from the horses mouth if there is still doubt Klindt will line up for Poole against King's Lynn.So i take it the horses mouth must be Ford,so don't believe everything he says.Must be a money thing:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well according to one of your fellow Poole fans you could have had Klindt if your P/O place wasn't assured.He actually said from the horses mouth if there is still doubt Klindt will line up for Poole against King's Lynn.So i take it the horses mouth must be Ford,so don't believe everything he says.Must be a money thing:rolleyes:

As shovlar says it is a big loss that klindt is not riding so we must be helping you out tonight then :nono:

We are pretty much in the play offs, it's not a must win meeting so not vital for Nic to be at Lynn. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

We are pretty much in the play offs, it's not a must win meeting so not vital for Nic to be at Lynn. 

Surely if your full team is available thats what it should be .We are always moaning about rider shortage and in this case not necessary :nono:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Klindt missing a big loss - Ford. Also says Lynn won’t pick us in the semis.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/16604084.kings-lynn-would-not-pick-pirates-in-semi-final-says-ford/

Will he can't have it both ways. The "big loss" isn't as important as the money, i'm guessing then ?

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Surely if your full team is available thats what it should be .We are always moaning about rider shortage and in this case not necessary :nono:

He's not available though. 

Thing is the result really is not that important for us. We are in the playoffs and won’t finish top so its a practice session to be honest.

48 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Any news on weather, raining here at moment?

No rain since 9.30 am.Dry   with a breeze. Car says 18 deg at 5.50pm. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He's not available though. 

He was available Lisa, as stated on here. "Straight from the horses mouth" yesterday from Skidder. If Ford thought a play off place was at risk, then Klindt was going to ride for your lot at Lynn tonight. So it was up to Ford if Klindt rides at Lynn tonight, and he chose no. Not good for the fans really, or the team, but maybe Ford was "compensated" in some way :wink: 

Anyway it is what it is. Main thing is that all riders are safe, and with no injuries :t:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

absolutely chucking it down between wisbech and lynn

Hope it's not heading this way :(

1 minute ago, castrolargh said:

absolutely chucking it down between wisbech and lynn

Just had that in Wisbech,but seems to be brightening up.Looking at the rainfall radar on the met office it looks like the rain may just skirt Lynn,but not like what we have had.Just about the amount what Buster would put on the track just beforehand.So it doesn't seem to be to bad.