British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Stars are the new form team. Excellent win for them.

no one will want to race them in the Semis. My pick for the title now.

I think Somerset will just edge it when it matters, not that there will be a lot in it! Especially if they are using the other Jakobsen at reserve.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah I'm just on here because I'm debating with other Poole fans on twitter if i'm a 'Brady basher' or not! :D I'm alternating between the two websites and laughing at KL fans who think the Poole riders were actually trying 100%

Of course the Poole riders were trying.You have to take the defeat on the chin and give praise to Lynn because they were by far the better team on the night.I don't think the riders were happy throwing hundreds of pounds away do you?

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Of course the Poole riders were trying.You have to take the defeat on the chin and give praise to Lynn because they were by far the better team on the night.I don't think the riders were happy throwing hundreds of pounds away do you?

:rofl: :rofl: Stop it, my sides are killing me now! I've been going to speedway too long to buy that. Choose us in the playoffs and if you thrash us again, then fine I will write a retraction! But yes Kings Lynn are the form team atm.

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:rofl: :rofl: Stop it, my sides are killing me now! I've been going to speedway too long to buy that. Choose us in the playoffs and if you thrash us again, then fine I will write a retraction! But yes Kings Lynn are the form team atm.

You better ask them next time why they weren't trying,i would love to hear their responses.Give me a reason as to why they wouldn't try?Woryna seemed the only one who possibly didn't bother when he didn't gate he did give up.I may as well say we weren't trying at Poole then:blink:.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You better ask them next time why they weren't trying,i would love to hear their responses.Woryna seemed the only one who possibly didn't bother when he didn't gate he did give up.I may as well say we weren't trying at Poole then:blink:.

Depends if KL were trying to lower their averages or not. As I said pick us in the playoffs and we'll soon see if I'm right or not. I'm pretty confident it would be within 10, maybe 12 at a stretch. 

Poole are not scared of anyone lol well they should be now .good luck to the stars in the play offs .glug glug glug 

So Poole not putting it in. Must have cost Fordy a few quid in guaranteed points money. All for a meeting that didn’t matter to him.  The old Choker fans don’t half come out with some old 541te.

As for Shovy and his comments, everyone knows what he is about. If the guy said good morning to you, you would go outside and check for rain.

Am I right in thinking IF Lynn finish top it will the first time in thier history in the Top League ?  Or did we finish there once before ?

if only Poole could have got Chris Folder in at no 1 instead of Kurtz.  Think of the difference that would have made. It would have been good to see him on theat Saddlebow track last night.:D

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

so do we assume poole also wont be trying to win their final league match next wed? if not apart from the few diehards on this forum is it really worth the general public bothering to turn up to watch?

5 hours ago, orion said:

Poole are not scared of anyone lol well they should be now .good luck to the stars in the play offs .glug glug glug 

No not scared of anyone even Kurtz got a race win over Robert Lambert showing he is fast enough when needed. Worrall also in heat14. Ok so considering we were always likely to lose, it didn't matter by how many and Klindt missing only shows how much we wanted it last night. In my view it would be very risky for Kings Lynn to pick us in the playoffs because of last nights performance, they know we are much better than that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, poole keith said:

so do we assume poole also wont be trying to win their final league match next wed? if not apart from the few diehards on this forum is it really worth the general public bothering to turn up to watch?

Of course we will try to win our last match. We are at home and the home crowd will want us to end the season on a high prior to the play offs and it shouldn’t be difficult against Wolves who have nothing to ride for now. 

57 minutes ago, semion said:

So Poole not putting it in. Must have cost Fordy a few quid in guaranteed points money. All for a meeting that didn’t matter to him.  The old Choker fans don’t half come out with some old 541te.

As for Shovy and his comments, everyone knows what he is about. If the guy said good morning to you, you would go outside and check for rain.

Am I right in thinking IF Lynn finish top it will the first time in thier history in the Top League ?  Or did we finish there once before ?

if only Poole could have got Chris Folder in at no 1 instead of Kurtz.  Think of the difference that would have made. It would have been good to see him on theat Saddlebow track last night.:D

Shovlar is not good for Poole or there fans comes across as believing he is there spokesman which does the club no favours.A great win by Lynn last night and i was thinking how many of the modern day riders of today would of struggled with wet deep grippy tracks in yesteryear.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope the Ben Fund collection was a success , saw no sign of collectors anywhere near where we were sitting!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, poole keith said:

with belle vue and somerset on bt as well could be the lowest crowd of the season :t:

A very good crowd saw a mediocre meeting due to Poole being so poor. KL will top the league and pick Belle Vue. Kings Lynn look solid throughout and a special mention to Simon Lambert tonight who has taken some criticism in the past. Do not believe we saw the real Poole tonight but Brady is not a big scoring number 1. Well done Stars.

• Like 3