British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

3 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

A very good crowd saw a mediocre meeting due to Poole being so poor. KL will top the league and pick Belle Vue. Kings Lynn look solid throughout and a special mention to Simon Lambert tonight who has taken some criticism in the past. Do not believe we saw the real Poole tonight but Brady is not a big scoring number 1. Well done Stars.

A mediocre meeting indeed. Anyone who felt joy or jubilation after watching that rubbish racing is deluded. Poole had no intention of trying to race for 12 heats ( other than Harris ). And NOT the real Poole for sure! My money is still on them to win the playoffs. Brady Kurtz proved to be truly capable in his ride to beat Robert Lambert. Class on a bike - so proving he did not try in his three earlier rides where, if he were a footballer he would have got a red card for "diving". Grippy track excuse my whatsit . Yes, you can only beat what is put up in front of you. Poole should be up for bringing the sport into disrepute.

6 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

A mediocre meeting indeed. Anyone who felt joy or jubilation after watching that rubbish racing is deluded. Poole had no intention of trying to race for 12 heats ( other than Harris ). And NOT the real Poole for sure! My money is still on them to win the playoffs. Brady Kurtz proved to be truly capable in his ride to beat Robert Lambert. Class on a bike - so proving he did not try in his three earlier rides where, if he were a footballer he would have got a red card for "diving". Grippy track excuse my whatsit . Yes, you can only beat what is put up in front of you. Poole should be up for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Kurtz must have not been trying all season then because last night's score was pretty common for him this season!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

with belle vue and somerset on bt as well could be the lowest crowd of the season :t:

Why on earth would Poole fans not turn up to support Poole just because Belle Vue v Somerset is on a satellite sports channel? Don’t they have record facilities?

Not going to keep any Poole fan away.

If its true that Poole were not trying last night then that is VERY UNFAIR to the paying public and all the riders and management should be heavily fined or even kicked out of the play-offs. Having said that I don't think it's true and they were well and truly beaten by a better team

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Hope the Ben Fund collection was a success , saw no sign of collectors anywhere near where we were sitting!!!

You left the stand before Ty came. He spent of lot of time having selfies taken and collected a lot of money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

We just had a bad night. At Leicester Kings Lynn gated in most races and won at a canter and did the same last night. You will always win big if you are first and second out of the gate. Lynn were trapping far better to a man and that was that. Even Simon Lambert scored big, when he normally scrapes a few points.

If Poole had thrown in the towel  why wasn't the non Scoring reserve ( Jakobson) thrown in to do a couple of Klint's rides ?  Would have given him a bit more experience riding Saddlebow.  Might have been useful for when Poole beat Somerset and IF Lynn could overcome Belle Vue

If Lynn cant win the whole thing I would be quite happy to see Belle Vue take the title.  After all they will always be the No 1 British Speedway name.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, semion said:

Might have been useful for when Poole beat Somerset and IF Lynn could overcome Belle Vue

Who said Poole are going to beat us? Besides on this showing there is every chance King's Lynn could pick Poole. 

14 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Who said Poole are going to beat us? Besides on this showing there is every chance King's Lynn could pick Poole. 

Let us be a realist here. Whoever tops the group will pick Belle Vue who have sadly been weakened with Dan Bewley out.

Edited by Stiltonpanther
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

No not scared of anyone even Kurtz got a race win over Robert Lambert showing he is fast enough when needed. Worrall also in heat14. Ok so considering we were always likely to lose, it didn't matter by how many and Klindt missing only shows how much we wanted it last night. In my view it would be very risky for Kings Lynn to pick us in the playoffs because of last nights performance, they know we are much better than that. 

Plus the fact that we are awful at your muck heap, as Mr Sovlar has said you would still have won the B fixtures over two legs even with last nights result.

Not sure what be least palatable for Poole fans, the fact they were garbage or that they were not trying ie ripping off the paying public and average massaging. Personally I think it was probably the former but you never know with the Dark Lord Ford.

56 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why on earth would Poole fans not turn up to support Poole just because Belle Vue v Somerset is on a satellite sports channel? Don’t they have record facilities?

Not going to keep any Poole fan away.

It will still be the lowest crowd of the season wait and see

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

It will still be the lowest crowd of the season wait and see

No. It won’t. It will be less than recent weeks due to the holidays being over but far from the smallest attendance.

Why on earth are you so negative all the time? Very strange.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, semion said:

So Poole not putting it in. Must have cost Fordy a few quid in guaranteed points money. All for a meeting that didn’t matter to him.  The old Choker fans don’t half come out with some old 541te.

As for Shovy and his comments, everyone knows what he is about. If the guy said good morning to you, you would go outside and check for rain.

Am I right in thinking IF Lynn finish top it will the first time in thier history in the Top League ?  Or did we finish there once before ?

if only Poole could have got Chris Folder in at no 1 instead of Kurtz.  Think of the difference that would have made. It would have been good to see him on theat Saddlebow track last night.:D

Leave Holder out if it, you and I know he can ride Lynn very well. 

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

It was all about momentum, team spirit and winning for the Stars. I, personally, don't give a fig about the racing atm, I just want to win and that's all the team want and what they are making it happen :D. GREAT TIMES

Biggies to come though :D

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. It won’t. It will be less than recent weeks due to the holidays being over but far from the smallest attendance.

Why on earth are you so negative all the time? Very strange.

It's an opinion which you don't quite get  I'm sure you would be more suited going to football matches with your aggressive attitude :t::t:

• Like 1