Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

It's an opinion which you don't quite get  I'm sure you would be more suited going to football matches with your aggressive attitude :t::t:

Well at least you didn’t finish that sentence with a question mark.

You give an opinion that it will be the smallest attendence of the season. No idea why you think that. If you believe a meeting on BT will keep hundreds away I believe you are very wrong. There’s my opinion.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Leave Holder out if it, you and I know he can ride Lynn very well. 

I don't understand why people don't let the Chris Holder issue drop after all this time.  None of us really know what happened that night, we can all assume, but we don't know, as there's usually two sides to every argument.

What's done is done and can't be changed.

As a person, Mr Holder would seem to be a man with a kind heart, when you think back on how he put his life on hold at the time of the tragic Darcy Ward accident, and he doesn't deserve this continuing criticism in my opinion, irrespective of whether he was the instigator of the troubles last year or not.

There are so many nasty and evil things going on in this world to worry about. without something as petty as this continuing grudge, life is to short.

I'll probably get a lot of negative comments thrown back at me now, but I shan't respond.  I'm entitled to my opinion as we all are, but once stated, it's over and done with. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well at least you didn’t finish that sentence with a question mark.

You give an opinion that it will be the smallest attendence of the season. No idea why you think that. If you believe a meeting on BT will keep hundreds away I believe you are very wrong. There’s my opinion.

I noticed you only answer my post I was answering a post in which Poole Keith sent so next time read the one I was referring to ?

51 minutes ago, Trees said:

Leave Holder out if it, you and I know he can ride Lynn very well. 

When it suits him to. He would not have liked last nights track and would likely have thrown his dummy out of the pram, again. We know where he is going now and it's not upwards.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made
  • Like 1

The only thing that mattered last night was that the Stars won.   The grippy track was prepared  as expected.      I have no doubts the Pirates came with all good intentions, but when they found themselves trailing early on,  their enthusiasm soon disappeared.    I  enjoyed the experience,  if only from the point that it will shut those loud mouth fans up, that we are forever hearing.   

We except sometimes these scores happen and they are not a true reflection of the teams  strength,   but all we have heard form certain Poole supporters  is about the how much better they are because they thrashed us early on.    Last night really levelled up them arguments.,,

But saying that , the Stars really did ride will.     Onwards and upwards we continue...………..

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. It won’t. It will be less than recent weeks due to the holidays being over but far from the smallest attendance.

Why on earth are you so negative all the time? Very strange.

"Why on earth are you so negative all the time? "Steve I can't believe you said that!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I noticed you only answer my post I was answering a post in which Poole Keith sent so next time read the one I was referring to ?

Why the question mark when you haven't asked a question!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

Let us be a realist here. Whoever tops the group will pick Belle Vue who have sadly been weakened with Dan Bewley out.

Don't think Bewley being out damages Belle Vue all that much personally. Only Cook and Fricke can't take an R/R ride but if they're 6 down they could. With Worrall finding some form again, way better than those that were in for him while injured, so that increases the point scoring potential. 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why the question mark when you haven't asked a question!

Why the exclamation mark when you've asked a question?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Don't think Bewley being out damages Belle Vue all that much personally. Only Cook and Fricke can't take an R/R ride but if they're 6 down they could. With Worrall finding some form again, way better than those that were in for him while injured, so that increases the point scoring potential. 

Not sure that's correct, Swindon were prevented from using a tac sub on an RR ride this season.

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Not sure that's correct, Swindon were prevented from using a tac sub on an RR ride this season.

That's wrong, unless they tried to use it in heat 8 which isn't permitted. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

They will miss Bewley bigtime Fricke ,Cook,Worrall none are bombproof witbout Dan this year Belle Vue would be nowhere near the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's wrong, unless they tried to use it in heat 8 which isn't permitted. 

No it wasn't. The referee at the time prevented us from using an higher averaged rider than R/R either though we were behind by more than 6 & wanted to use a tac sub. I think it was Batch for an tac sub ride.

First opportunity to come on here after last night's thumping. Well done to the Stars who will now finish top; Somerset 2nd; Poole 3rd and BV 4th imo.

Just picking up on averages and the suggestion that there may be some manipulation going on......... whilst next season's averages will surely be in the minds of some, ,lets not forget that from October 1st another revised set of averages come into being.

Bearing in mind October 1st is the date of the play-off semi final second legs, with the final scheduled for 8th and 10th October, there could still be changes in some teams' riding order?! For example for Poole this could see Chris Harris at 1 and Brady Kurtz at 3, 4 or 5 which may well be a considerable advantage compared to the current line-up?

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No it wasn't. The referee at the time prevented us from using an higher averaged rider than R/R either though we were behind by more than 6 & wanted to use a tac sub. I think it was Batch for an tac sub ride.

The referee was wrong. R/R is still the missing rider. R/R can be replaced by a Tac Sub.