British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Well if they didn't try as you keep referring to,maybe the riders should club together and pay some of the fans that made the long journey a bit of compensation for their wasted journey.

I can't imagine many Poole fans were there because like me I expect they thought it wasn't a meeting that would change anything and also a threat of rain which didn't materialise.

Kings Lynn on the other hand needed the win if they were to have ambitions of getting top spot and were obviously up for it which is why they got four 5-1's in the first 5 heats. well done to them they got what they deserved and Poole got what we deserved.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

When you look at the meetings between the two sides this season +24 points to Poole in the a fixtures and +8 to Poole in the b fixtures I am not sure the stars would pick pirates in the semi finals

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I'll get back to you when I've found your other post :) 

Edit - I know Brady will stay but apparently I'm not a proper Poole fan if I criticise him, so can he not go to Swindon or something and then I can be a proper Poole fan again :D 

I think Brady has struggled with doing the 3 Leagues POL EXL/Swe Elite and Prem for the first time. Not all immediately embrace chasing around all over Europe plus individual qualifiers and international meetings in their first season of doing it. Last season he did a few POl & Swe meetings but nothing compared to a full program. We have to remember he is still 21 and this was his first real breakout season all around Europe. Anderson has done 3/4 leagues for years but even he has had plenty of up and down meetings in POL/SWE.

Easy to forget he rode 2 meetings Monday - rushed off the Swe for Elite meeting Tue and then flew back Wed to ride at KL. Yes they are professional riders but getting too and from airports with long drives either end and that's without the flying itself must take its affect when its your first real season of doing all 3 FULL TIME. Similar with Woryna and the recently arrived Jakobsen. That's why I feel whatever the outcome is of this season, getting lower av for next season is a bonus in Matt Ford's team building for 2018 with all 3 well under the 8 point heat leader limit (if it stays that is). Surely all 3 have decent futures even with British tracks being a great leveler.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Greener21 said:

When you look at the meetings between the two sides this season +24 points to Poole in the a fixtures and +8 to Poole in the b fixtures I am not sure the stars would pick pirates in the semi finals

There's not a chance in 'L' of Lynn picking Poole  in the Semi final  of the PO.      It would be the last choice  not the first....

49 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Brady has struggled with doing the 3 Leagues POL EXL/Swe Elite and Prem for the first time. Not all immediately embrace chasing around all over Europe plus individual qualifiers and international meetings in their first season of doing it. Last season he did a few POl & Swe meetings but nothing compared to a full program. We have to remember he is still 21 and this was his first real breakout season all around Europe. Anderson has done 3/4 leagues for years but even he has had plenty of up and down meetings in POL/SWE.

Easy to forget he rode 2 meetings Monday - rushed off the Swe for Elite meeting Tue and then flew back Wed to ride at KL. Yes they are professional riders but getting too and from airports with long drives either end and that's without the flying itself must take its affect when its your first real season of doing all 3 FULL TIME. Similar with Woryna and the recently arrived Jakobsen. That's why I feel whatever the outcome is of this season, getting lower av for next season is a bonus in Matt Ford's team building for 2018 with all 3 well under the 8 point heat leader limit (if it stays that is). Surely all 3 have decent futures even with British tracks being a great leveler.

Confucius said   ' You can always find an excuse when you are looking for one'         Most top riders  race in several countries every week.   It is the life that they choose. and Brady is no different than many other top riders.     The reason he  performed badly last night ,    had nothing to do with his schedule,  merely his state of mind.     He is a far better rider than the one we saw last night…..  

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Kings Lynn updates on twitter are lying when they kept putting 'from the gate' then?? And a KL fan saying she was trying not to fall asleep as it wasn't entertaining!!

No - Poole riders were just crap out of the gate. Were crap round the first bend, then the second, third and fourth for four laps. Just because opposition was dire doesn’t make the track a gate and go track. You could see it in their faces as they came off from track walk. “This track has got shale on it,  not used to that, there are no holes in track, the starts are deep and we are f...k’d “ and yes they were so right. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There's not a chance in 'L' of Lynn picking Poole  in the Semi final  of the PO.      It would be the last choice  not the first....

Confucius said   ' You can always find an excuse when you are looking for one'         Most top riders  race in several countries every week.   It is the life that they choose. and Brady is no different than many other top riders.     The reason he  performed badly last night ,    had nothing to do with his schedule,  merely his state of mind.     He is a far better rider than the one we saw last night…..  

Not questioning last night but his performances this season have been VERY up and down hence why he has lost over a point on his starting av. Just trying to understand a reason behind it and maybe this is why ??. I agree a lot is in his head as he has choked in many a big meeting final. He needs to find consistency which maybe he will as he matures and also gets used to the hectic schedule during a season for the top riders. 

Don't expect sympathy for him as after all, other than the Aussie Champs end of the year/Jan they don't ride between Oct & March so have plenty of time for leisure in close season. Especially in a hot Aussie while the  rest of us freeze in Europe. Some like Chris Holder have in effect been on near enough vacation since the weekend when in effect he cost Torun their play off place and even his Swe side dropped him for their last meeting as they  were out of the play offs. Only has the last few GP's and thankfully he will be out of those after this season due to his inept performances throughout Europe. I reckon he will be looking for a new POL & Swe club and as for UK ??? Who knows. No GP's to boot. How the mighty and stupid (as was his reason for getting no visa/permit) have fallen.

Brady keeps making excuses for his poor performances, in the paper he said he had only had one poor week! We should all get off his back and he is only 21. How old is Robert Lambert? Has Robert Lambert's form dipped? Too much racing and too much travelling are poor excuses, Kurtz will never make a gp rider because he is too inconsistent.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Brady keeps making excuses for his poor performances, in the paper he said he had only had one poor week! We should all get off his back and he is only 21. How old is Robert Lambert? Has Robert Lambert's form dipped? Too much racing and too much travelling are poor excuses, Kurtz will never make a gp rider because he is too inconsistent.

Robert has thrived on it Kurtz has not.

I won't give up on Kurtz just yet as the likes of Leszno and the Swedes must have seen something there as they are no mugs.

I hope he doesn't become another Dakota North or one of those many young Aussies that promise so much but ultimately reach a level then fade. He has it in him to beat anyone in the World on his day and does, he needs to do it consistently and I think a lot of it is in his head. He can go through the card but in the most important final he will hit the tapes - fall or put in a mare.

Would prefer to judge him more end of NEXT season when he will be turning  23 to  see if he is going forward. Similar to Lambert who many felt with his poor starting etc he  was going to maybe fall short. He has blown many away with his form and consistency this season. Let's also not forget young Robert was riding well under aged on German tracks before he got into KL as a young 16 year old in 2014. No denying his talent at 20 and has reveled in the busy European schedule and all those Individual meetings like World U21 - SEC etc.

I just hope that Kurtz can step up and show he is really World class in 2019. You never know what can happen when you reach 28/29/30, just ask a Mr C Holder who has gone backwards in each of the last 3 seasons. (Reasons for it maybe but not acceptable 3 seasons running).

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Can't see how you can argue that too much racing and travelling are poor excuses?
Have you noticed the number of crashes and injuries that occur as the season comes to an end? Fatigue both to riders and machinery should be more of a concern and carefully monitored.
In Brady's favour I will say that he at least appeared in Glasgow for the GB v Oz Test match whereas Mr Lambert has made a habit of missing trips North of the Border over the years.

From what I've seen of Brady he has the riding ability to be good and riders at his stage of development often have a standstill or going backwards season, so I wouldn't judge him too soon. To me the question marks are more about his professionalism and dedication and I have no idea how he applies himself in those regards and whether he has the right mental approach. I think there are a few question marks on that last aspect but give the lad a chance. He's young, next year or the year after might be the time to make a judgement but not yet.

• Like 1

It is invariably cold, windy , wet or often all three north of the border and it is sometimes not at all easy to recognise what the locals are saying. One is never quite sure if they are friendly or otherwise. Look what happened to Captain Cook

3 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

It is invariably cold, windy , wet or often all three north of the border and it is sometimes not at all easy to recognise what the locals are saying. One is never quite sure if they are friendly or otherwise. Look what happened to Captain Cook

Cold, windy wet and not easy to understand what the locals are saying? Yes that just about sums up folk SOUTH of the Border  ;)

(But luckily not speedway fans)

• Like 1

Just now, waytogo28 said:

You don't mean those dastardly Glaswegians have done something terrible to Craig? I should have warned him about going abroad.

Just now, Aces51 said:

You don't mean those dastardly Glaswegians have done something terrible to Craig? I should have warned him about going abroad.

Please remember that the Cookie Monster was as good as a reject (just) over the Border until Edinburgh took pity on him.
Now he has come to Glasgow he will improve even more!!!
(Not necessarily at speedway though) :D

The Cooks of this world will not be 'doubling down" next season if the rumoured changes in league structures take place.