British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

5 minutes ago, g13webb said:

As much as I like to watch Bomber,  I don't see him as a No 1 anymore.   Years ago he was up there with the rest,  but as years go by,  so has his consistency.    Still able to pull the rabbit out of the bag occasionally, but when  he is in those big heats,   he cannot be relied upon to bring the bacon home..    

I don't see Bomber at No 1 as a positive.      Poole didn't bring Bomber in as a leader.    All it will do is give Middlo more permutations to move Brady to a less  pressurised position.   

Thats exactly the point!!  Bomber's consistency and experience at 1 will be no worse than Brady's but Brady should be a much more consistent high scorer at 3,4 or 5

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Thats exactly the point!!  Bomber's consistency and experience at 1 will be no worse than Brady's but Brady should be a much more consistent high scorer at 3,4 or 5

But teams need a strong  leader.      A strong No.1 is far more beneficial  than having a strong  No 3, 4 or 5 .      Brady wont be able to inflict the damage at 4 like he could at 1

17 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Harris at #1 - good luck with that!

Any other suggestions ?

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Any other suggestions ?

Pray!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Let's give him and other youngsters some credit.

They are not prima donna footballers flying out on private or team jets where yo are wizzed thru customs by a professional back up team. These guys normally have to make own arrangements via budjet airlines from airports which may be many miles away from where they a re staying. All the pain in the backside check in - Customs etc - then arrive and have to drive many miles to the track - stay in a budget hotel overnight and be up and out at stupid oclock to get to another Country. Just in Brady's case just imagine doing those 2 meetings Monday - off to and riding Sweden Tue and then up at stupid oclock to get back to UK (maybe Heath/Gatw as not many serve Swe) and then trek off to KL. 

I agree its their career choice, but its his first real season of Country hopping and must have some affect. I know I am knackered from travelling when just going on holiday so to do it  several times a week with all the hassle involved as we are a poor man's sport, plus  trying to constantly keep at top level.

Again just airing that it may be a big contributing factor to his in and out form in his first real year of constant commuting, although I don't disagree some of it with Brady my also be phsycological. Lambert has taken to it like a duck to water. I wonder if having his good looking girlfriend living in Germany may also be a help as when I have seen photos of them at xmas etc he looked happy and settled. Maybe Kurtz living out of temporary accomodation supplied by Middleditch and being far from homeland may also contribute.

Nobody force him to do all the leagues just greed and trying to cash in while the going is good.Trouble in Poland is afew bad meetings and your history,as Cook.If there is only I main league next season some riders will have to cur their cloth accordingly ,1/2 dozen bikes and a few engines will be a thing of the past.

10 minutes ago, g13webb said:

But teams need a strong  leader.      A strong No.1 is far more beneficial  than having a strong  No 3, 4 or 5 .      Brady wont be able to inflict the damage at 4 like he could at 1

But we don't have a no1 at all! Would rather Harris was there than Brady.

3 hours ago, cinderfella said:

If by that you mean one combined league all I can add is 'Hallelujah' !

The rumour I have heard and which sounds credible is that there will be 2 leagues of 14 teams each. The top one being at Championship level and the second at National League level. Presumably, the biggest of names will be not required due to cost - but that is my spin on it.

I like Chris Harris, always have but his days as a number 1 have long gone. Hello be no more reliable than Brady who won't suddenly become consistent just because he moves to a different heat leader position.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Chris went on to be world champ, when Doyley left Poole and got a break from his injuries he also became world champ. Im not saying Brady will be world champ, but he will in time be a far better rider than he is now. He's a slow burner, and will improve, if he wants it badly enough.

I thought Kurtz might step up this year. I think he had around the 3rd or 4th highest average at the start of the season, without checking 8.04 rings a bell, i was wrong.

But at 21 and on a low 6.80 ish average he would be a bargain next season. Starting as the 3rd highest average in a team would be ideal, no pressure as he don't seem to handle it yet. I'd have him at Lynn next season on a 6.80.. Before I get bombarded with the Pirate brigade, I know he will be at Wimborne Rd in 2019.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought Kurtz might step up this year. I think he had around the 3rd or 4th highest average at the start of the season, without checking 8.04 rings a bell, i was wrong.

But at 21 and on a low 6.80 ish average he would be a bargain next season. Starting as the 3rd highest average in a team would be idea, no pressure as he don't seem to handle it yet. I'd have him at Lynn next season on a 6.80.. Before I get bombarded with the Pirate brigade, I know he will be at Wimborne Rd in 2019.

Brady's starting average was 8.08 so not far out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

But at 21 and on a low 6.80 ish average he would be a bargain next season. Starting as the 3rd highest average in a team would be ideal, no pressure as he don't seem to handle it yet. I'd have him at Lynn next season on a 6.80.. Before I get bombarded with the Pirate brigade, I know he will be at Wimborne Rd in 2019.

To be fair mate so did i.For whatever reason he hasnt done that. At the start of the season he was riding quite well and imo riding in Poland with the big boys would help, make him stretch and work harder so improve himself, which as you are aware, its the only way to improve. But even in poland he seems to have lost his way a bit.
But he's only 21 and still open to improvement, perhaps taking on Sweden as well was a little to much for him all at once. But i still have faith in the lad still improving over time.

He’ll start on 8.84 next season. Still not bad and not 13 like some. 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Unless Worrall improves we have a problem at reserve, Woryna was doing a good job and now he is in the main team, hopefully Worrall can be as good but i have my doubts.

41 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Unless Worrall improves we have a problem at reserve, Woryna was doing a good job and now he is in the main team, hopefully Worrall can be as good but i have my doubts.

Ritchie  has the ability, but at this moment in time he's not showing it. 

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

The rumour I have heard and which sounds credible is that there will be 2 leagues of 14 teams each. The top one being at Championship level and the second at National League level. Presumably, the biggest of names will be not required due to cost - but that is my spin on it.

One rumour I have heard is that teams will consist of only 6 riders