British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

9 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

One rumour I have heard is that teams will consist of only 6 riders

Most teams I've seen this year already do, so does 6 mean 5 in reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Unless Worrall improves we have a problem at reserve, Woryna was doing a good job and now he is in the main team, hopefully Worrall can be as good but i have my doubts.

I’m heartbroken :sad:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The updated rolling GSA's show Bomber 0.10 above Brady so subject to the final qualifying meeting v Wolves on Wednesday, Bomber could be at 1 for the 2nd leg of the semi-final on 1st October as well as for the final if we get there.  Relieving Brady of the Number 1 position will do wonders for his 'its all in his head' issues and will undoubtedly work to Poole's advantage, notwithstanding the reserves staying as per the September GSAs.

Just my opinion

Can we swap Brady for Bombed (not a spelling mistake) at Glasgow please?

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Ritchie  has the ability, but at this moment in time he's not showing it. 

Get him on his Edinburgh bike - Unbeaten by an opponent in 4 meetings there and only a silly exclusion for falling in ht 15 against Glasgow  cost him yet another maximum.
Ba115 up of the season award goes to Glasgow for keeping Bombed and getting rid of Richie.

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling error

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Oh no! They've tried that before and it was rubbish, I much prefer having an odd number of riders.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Oh no! They've tried that before and it was rubbish, I much prefer having an odd number of riders.

Yeah there are plenty of odd riders about ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

I'd go with the present 7 but I think the reserves programmed rides should only be against each other with a start from each gate position.
If there is to be any doubling up then it should only be with NL riders and get them some more track time against riders of a similar standard so as to not undermine their confidence.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Get him on his Edinburgh bike - Unbeaten by an opponent in 4 meetings there and only a silly exclusion for falling in ht 15 against Glasgow  cost him yet another maximum.

So ive been told...  And Edinburgh is sharper than poole and many Premiership tracks...

1 hour ago, cinderfella said:

Ba115 up of the season award goes to Glasgow for keeping Bombed and getting rid of Richie.

Apparently his bike is under powered for the bigger tracks.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Apparently his bike is under powered for the bigger tracks.

We know thats why he needs to sort it out. But its vicious circle, dont earn money cant pay bills.. Sponsorship money will only last so long, depending on how much you have.
That said, appart from poole which has to be ridden a certain way, all the other tracks in the play off's including Somerset, which apparantly rides like a big track which is only a metre bigger than ours are  classed as big tracks.

Edited by Starman2006

Surely Matt will cough up the dough to sort the lad out, if it means another Trophy ?   He has never been slow to throw money to obtain success in the past Starman, so why not now ?

I also see you Starman as a true Poole fan ( all credit to you) but also one who can be fair minded ( a bit like myself) and will call it as you see it.   The Poole now, do you think its is good enough to win the thing ?  Ok, any team of the 4 can win it 'on their day', But Poole have really blown hot and cold this season.  What do you see as the key elements if they are to have a chance of winning it ?

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

We know thats why he needs to sort it out. But its vicious circle, dont earn money cant pay bills.. Sponsorship money will only last so long, depending on how much you have.
That said, appart from poole which has to be ridden a certain way, all the other tracks in the play off's including Somerset, which apparantly rides like a big track which is only a metre bigger than ours are  classed as big tracks.

His engines will remain under powered unless the club give him a engine better suited to bigger tracks, I don't think it is anything else as he is riding well in the championship and he isn't going to invest more money into his equipment for the play offs especially as I doubt he will be at Poole next season. It is up to Matt Ford to help him if we want to win.

• Like 1

I hope it is his engines but I'm not sure it is. Richie has always struggled at the NSS. Why do you think he is not riding for the Aces when he is an asset?

He is far too slow. Its his bikes which are fine for Championship racing but he is too slow for the top flight. He needs a faster engine it is clear to see.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He is far too slow. Its his bikes which are fine for Championship racing but he is too slow for the top flight. He needs a faster engine it is clear to see.

He did win Heat 14 at Kings Lynn but probably wasn't under too much pressure given the state of the match at that stage.