British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I hope it is his engines but I'm not sure it is. Richie has always struggled at the NSS. Why do you think he is not riding for the Aces when he is an asset?

Probably also struggled to come to terms with the fact his brother is better than he is.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He is far too slow. Its his bikes which are fine for Championship racing but he is too slow for the top flight. He needs a faster engine it is clear to see.

He just isnt very good on bigger tracks simple as that.

Nothing to do with what league he is riding in. Poor at Glasgow and good at Edinburgh.......he just cant ride bigger tracks........his bikes arent fine for championship racing he just isnt good on bigger tracks

His 3 lowest away scores are 2 at Somerset, 3 at Belle Vue and 6 at Somerset................unfortunately 2 of Pooles play off rivals so his form at those tracks would be a concern

Every other away meeting he has contributed 7 points......a good return from 4 rides for a second string to me.

At home he has banged in 10 ,8 and 12 from second string but his last 2 performances have been poor.

He has been a solid second string for Poole his scores indicate that...............but his ability on bigger track could easily expose Poole in the play offs

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Probably also struggled to come to terms with the fact his brother is better than he is.

I don't think so. He wanted and expected to be back at Belle Vue in 2017 and he and Steve are very close and help each other. 

Some riders are able to perform better on the smaller tracks. Scott Nicholls for example. Richie was not doing well by his standards at Glasgow, he moved to Edinburgh and apart from a fall has been superb. I want all British riders to do well and even more so those who are Aces assets but if it is his engines it is taking a long time to sort out.

Edited by Aces51

2 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I don't think so. He wanted and expected to be back at Belle Vue in 2017 and he and Steve are very close and help each other. 

Some riders are able to perform better on the smaller tracks. Scott Nicholls for example. Richie was not doing well by his standards at Glasgow, he moved to Edinburgh and apart from a fall has been superb. I want all British riders to do well and even more so those who are Aces assets but if it is his engines it is taking a long time to sort out.

Its not just his engines thats obvious. 

As you said Scott Nicholls struggles on the bigger tracks to thats not just all about his engines some riders are just that way and vice versa. I might be wrong but im sure Nicholls has a better average away from Peterborough than his home one.

Its a daft line of thinking that Worralls bikes are good enough for one league and not the other........thats not how it seems

I scratch my head when thinking about Richie. How you can have two literally identical riders with access to the same supply chain re equipment and tuners but perform so differently. 

I’ve toyed with the idea of having him back in the watered down league next year and partnering him with Steve. They are very close and could hopefully feed off each other. 

I think he's a confidence rider.   and is a lot better than some on here imagine.    I was disappointed when he left the Stars, he had progressed well in the short time he was here. .  Having  his brother for a fellow competitor is a marvellous motivation to them both.     There are many riders who don't perform at certain tracks and clubs,   but that doesn't tell the true story .   I thought he done well at Lynn the other night and was equal  top scorer with Bomber.      Says a lot about the rest..

I would imagine there would be many clubs who would like the chance to sign Richie.       

53 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

His engines will remain under powered unless the club give him a engine better suited to bigger tracks, I don't think it is anything else as he is riding well in the championship and he isn't going to invest more money into his equipment for the play offs especially as I doubt he will be at Poole next season. It is up to Matt Ford to help him if we want to win.

Well if Moanarchs' fans can buy him a set of kevlars so he can ride for them I'm sure the Pirates' fans can get him a new engine ;)

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its not just his engines thats obvious. 

As you said Scott Nicholls struggles on the bigger tracks to thats not just all about his engines some riders are just that way and vice versa. I might be wrong but im sure Nicholls has a better average away from Peterborough than his home one.

Its a daft line of thinking that Worralls bikes are good enough for one league and not the other........thats not how it seems

Don't know if it's true or not but there was a story circulating that Scotty had said all the engines he had were set up for small tracks and as a result the Panthers' promotion bought him new engines set up for the Showground.

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I think he's a confidence rider.   and is a lot better than some on here imagine.    I was disappointed when he left the Stars, he had progressed well in the short time he was here. .  Having  his brother for a fellow competitor is a marvellous motivation to them both.     There are many riders who don't perform at certain tracks and clubs,   but that doesn't tell the true story .   I thought he done well at Lynn the other night and was equal  top scorer with Bomber.      Says a lot about the rest..

I would imagine there would be many clubs who would like the chance to sign Richie.       

Bet Glasgow won't get the chance again after the way they mistreated him.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

His engines will remain under powered unless the club give him a engine better suited to bigger tracks, I don't think it is anything else as he is riding well in the championship and he isn't going to invest more money into his equipment for the play offs especially as I doubt he will be at Poole next season. It is up to Matt Ford to help him if we want to win.

in the past boycie prepared some engines specifically for poole that the promotion loaned to riders

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He is far too slow. Its his bikes which are fine for Championship racing but he is too slow for the top flight. He needs a faster engine it is clear to see.

And thats just the thing Steve, he said in one post meeting conference, the championship is harder than the Premiership  .. And apparantly he sent an engine for a service and be tuned and apparantly, it came back flat. So if that was the case he should send it back with a flea in its ear..

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, poole keith said:

in the past boycie prepared some engines specifically for poole that the promotion loaned to riders

In the past..

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And thats just the thing Steve, he said in one post meeting conference, the championship is harder than the Premiership  .. And apparantly he sent an engine for a service and be tuned and apparantly, it came back flat. So if that was the case he should send it back with a flea in its ear..

Doesnt matter how 'fast' you make the bikes, some riders are better than others on certain types of tracks.

Richie Worrall has never been that good on bigger tracks simple as that

Its to simplistic to say his bikes are fine for the lower league.

On the plus side he has been fine for Poole but his ability round Belle Vue and Somerset is a concern should Poole face either

I'm not mechanically minded but apparantly Richie rides a 'long stroke' engine rather than a 'short stroke' one!

Maybe its not the size/shape of the track that is the issue but mainly down to track prep. When interviewed after the Bank Holiday afternoon meeting he said he prefers a lot more grip rather than - as everyone witnessed - a very understandably slick track bearing in mind the amount of rain that fell the day before.

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

yes I get some riders are better at smaller tracks but he just looks so slow on the straights, maybe we are expecting too much of him but I hope he can improve a little as we will need him to perform if we are to have any chance.