British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm not mechanically minded but apparantly Richie rides a 'long stroke' engine rather than a 'short stroke' one!

Maybe its not the size/shape of the track that is the issue but mainly down to track prep. When interviewed after the Bank Holiday afternoon meeting he said he prefers a lot more grip rather than - as everyone witnessed - a very understandably slick track bearing in mind the amount of rain that fell the day before.

Always prefer a long stroke myself!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Richie's had some decent scores as a 2nd string this season - it has to be down to track prep.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Ooo err Missus! I take it we are talking motorcycles here :wink:

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Me too but at my age a short stroke is often enough!!:shock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Richie's had some decent scores as a 2nd string this season - it has to be down to track prep.

Maybe in some cases.

Cant see it having much to do with the engines more to do with a riders ability on certain tracks, he just doesnt seem to like the bigger ones. Give him a super fast engine and i still wouldnt expect him to do much better at the NSS or Somerset.

He has scored 7 away in every away match apart from 3............1 at the NSS and 2 at Somerset.......

His scores at home have been up and down bur he has had some big scores and is more than doing his job for Poole.

The worry as ive said is Poole having to face either Belle Vue or Somerset with Richie at reserve and Woryna in the team.

Woryna hasnt done that well at Belle Vue up against 2 weaker reserves in Etheridge and Drodsz. You would expect Berge to outscore Worrall and Woryna at the NSS

In both matches at Poole Belle Vue have been up against it. R/R for Worrall and the weaker reserves scored 3 between them and a 19 point loss.

The other match was a 10 point loss with guesta at 1 and 3 only getting 5 between them.

Belle Vue at full strength could push Poole closer at Wimborne Road but the fair nature of the NSS and the loss of Bewley means i think Poole will keep it close at the NSS.

All immaterial as i think it will be Poole Somerset semi final and Somerset have shown they are the better side

I just hope Poole get hammered whoever they are against. Excuses being lined up before a wheel has been turned.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

I just hope Poole get hammered whoever they are against. Excuses being lined up before a wheel has been turned.

I wouldnt say its excuses.

Poole have in all possibility the worst number one in the league and they are worried over Worralls poor form especially as he drops to reserve and Woryna cant have 7 rides.

They had by far the strongest 1-7 at the start......comical how one poster called them the magnificent 7. How with the amount of riders they have had are they not miles clear is staggering.....can only think the issue may be Middlo.

But right now they have the best reserve pair in the league that is about to be broken up so the fans have every right to be worried about the play offs.

Compare Pooles top 5 to the other play offs teams top 5 and they are clearly the weakest and its been the reserves winning them matches. Now the reserves will be different so the team may suffer

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I wouldnt say its excuses.

Poole have in all possibility the worst number one in the league and they are worried over Worralls poor form especially as he drops to reserve and Woryna cant have 7 rides.

They had by far the strongest 1-7 at the start......comical how one poster called them the magnificent 7. How with the amount of riders they have had are they not miles clear is staggering.....can only think the issue may be Middlo.

But right now they have the best reserve pair in the league that is about to be broken up so the fans have every right to be worried about the play offs.

Compare Pooles top 5 to the other play offs teams top 5 and they are clearly the weakest and its been the reserves winning them matches. Now the reserves will be different so the team may suffer

Brady can beat the best now and again but every meeting he seems to have at least two bad rides usually 3, Harris has been good overall but struggles on tracks with no grip, Klindt has been terrific and could be the joker in the pack, Worrall has had one or two good meetings but we should still have the best reserves. One of the problems is we haven't got a top pairing like Doyle and Holder or Lambert and Iversen.

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Its not just his engines thats obvious. 

As you said Scott Nicholls struggles on the bigger tracks to thats not just all about his engines some riders are just that way and vice versa. I might be wrong but im sure Nicholls has a better average away from Peterborough than his home one.

Its a daft line of thinking that Worralls bikes are good enough for one league and not the other........thats not how it seems

Stop talking crap. Of course he can ride bigger tracks as many, many big scores on big tracks previously have shown.

No idea what his issue is atm but to say he cant ride bigger tracks is absolute garbage.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Brady can beat the best now and again but every meeting he seems to have at least two bad rides usually 3, Harris has been good overall but struggles on tracks with no grip, Klindt has been terrific and could be the joker in the pack, Worrall has had one or two good meetings but we should still have the best reserves. One of the problems is we haven't got a top pairing like Doyle and Holder or Lambert and Iversen.

Thats what im saying Pooles top 5 are the weakest out of the play off teams and vulnerable in heats 13 and 15.

Kurtz is the weakest number one in the league thats not even up for debate and Poole have been winning meetings because of their reserves.

Poole beat a very weak Somerset and Pooles top scorer in the 1-5 got 7. You wont win the league with that happening. When Pooles reserves have a bad night like at Kings Lynn then the inevitable happens and Poole get soundly beaten.

Pooles team is built around a strong reserve pairing, the others in the play offs are not

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Stop talking crap. Of course he can ride bigger tracks as many, many big scores on big tracks previously have shown.

No idea what his issue is atm but to say he cant ride bigger tracks is absolute garbage.

Many many big scores??

2 @ Somerset

6 @ Somerset

3 @ Belle Vue

2 @ Peterborough

8 from 5 at Sheffield form the easier number 4 position against a poor side

4 @ Sheffield

Home scores for Glasgow against the better sides 4 , 4, 6

Sacked by Glasgow for being not good enough , goes to Edinburgh and hardly loses a race at home.

He hasnt done that bad for Poole even away from home as scores of 7 in most matches will testify.

He struggles on big tracks the evidence is there in black and white. Scott Nicholls much the same 7.84 at Peterborugh and 8.49 away from home.

Worrall either has no idea how to set his bikes up for bigger tracks or simply he just isnt very good on them

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Many many big scores??

2 @ Somerset

6 @ Somerset

3 @ Belle Vue

2 @ Peterborough

8 from 5 at Sheffield form the easier number 4 position against a poor side

4 @ Sheffield

Home scores for Glasgow against the better sides 4 , 4, 6

Sacked by Glasgow for being not good enough , goes to Edinburgh and hardly loses a race at home.

He hasnt done that bad for Poole even away from home as scores of 7 in most matches will testify.

He struggles on big tracks the evidence is there in black and white. Scott Nicholls much the same 7.84 at Peterborugh and 8.49 away from home.

Worrall either has no idea how to set his bikes up for bigger tracks or simply he just isnt very good on them

Richie Worrall 3, 2, 3, 1', 3, 1' = 13+2 Berwick 2015 

Richie Worrall 2, 2', 3, 3, 3 = 13+1 Workington 2015

Richie Worrall - 2,2,3,3,2 = 12 Workington 2016

Richie Worrall - 2*,1,2,3,2,0 = 10+1 Peterborough 2016

Richie Worrall - 2*,2*,3,3 = 10+2 Berwick 2016

Richie Worrall - 2', 2', 2, 3 = 9+1 Berwick 2017

Richie Worrall - 2, 2, 3, 3, 0 = 10 Peterborough 2017

Richie Worrall - 3 1' 3 2 0 = 9+1 Workington 2017

They are hardly the scores of someone who cannot ride bigger tracks?

your talking nonsense as usual

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Unfortunately on this season's form you couldn't really count Iversen as part of a top pairing as his average shows.To be honest he has been very poor,probably 4 double figure scores this season unsure without looking.He should be scoring double figures every other meeting.If he was to get back to the form we know he is capable of i would feel much more confident in Lynn being able to lift the play off trophy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Thats what im saying Pooles top 5 are the weakest out of the play off teams and vulnerable in heats 13 and 15.

Kurtz is the weakest number one in the league thats not even up for debate and Poole have been winning meetings because of their reserves.

Poole beat a very weak Somerset and Pooles top scorer in the 1-5 got 7. You wont win the league with that happening. When Pooles reserves have a bad night like at Kings Lynn then the inevitable happens and Poole get soundly beaten.

Pooles team is built around a strong reserve pairing, the others in the play offs are not

Yes agree Kurtz has been a problem all season, Josh was bad but better now and has been in a few heat 15's lately. Kurtz has the ability to beat anyone but rarely does, he needs to up his game. We have a easy meeting Wednesday when all the riders should get good scores and a confidence builder.