British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

5 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Shovlar will be quitting the forum again if you lot carry on.

Why don't you show Steve how it's done :)

11 minutes ago, The Stag said:

A couple of weeks ago, all we got from Poole fans was " We're top of the League", now all of a sudden after a complete thrashing they never wanted to win the league anyway!!! :lol:

Erm, you don't win the league by finishing top do you?? Dear oh me!

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Why don't you show Steve how it's done :)

Oh hello, just got back from King's Lynn have you?  :blush:

Let's face facts it doesn't matter what track(possibly NSS excluded) it's gate and go nowadays majority of the time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Oh hello, just got back from King's Lynn have you?  :blush:

Nah, I have to much a life to go to a nothing meeting. Speedway fits into my life, my life doesn't revolve around speedway. Plus if I went I'd prob still be asleep at the stadium :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Let's face facts it doesn't matter what track(possibly NSS excluded) it's gate and go nowadays majority of the time.

Shame though cos KL didn't used to be like that. Used to always get good racing.

16 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

It was a different Poole performance to a few weeks back. Maybe average lowering for next season? Or your boys have lost heart? I don’t understand how a team can perform so different. 

For the 1st half of the meeting it looked like pros vs amatures. I still wouldn’t choose Poole in the playoffs though.

no gloating though. Still a long way to go

Poole were woeful.As for lowering their averages this result would hardly put a dent into their current averages anyway,so it wasn't that.They were simply beaten by the better team on the night.They really didn't like a grippy track early doors,got better when it slickened off a bit.

S.Lambert said in the meeting in the bar afterwards that it was the grippiest track he's rode for a few years and wished more tracks were like it.

Poole nearly had their play-off chances ruined when Kurtz lost control and nearly wiped out Josh.G on the back straight,luckily they missed each other by no more than a couple of inches and an accident was avoided.

19 minutes ago, The Stag said:

A couple of weeks ago, all we got from Poole fans was " We're top of the League", now all of a sudden after a complete thrashing they never wanted to win the league anyway!!! :lol:

Remember that,that was Shovlar again,but do we expect anything else from him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nah, I have to much a life to go to a nothing meeting. Speedway fits into my life, my life doesn't revolve around speedway. Plus if I went I'd prob still be asleep at the stadium :D 

You seem to spend a lot of time on here about this meeting considering you think it was a nothing meeting:blink:.This result has obviously hurt a bit.

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Erm, you don't win the league by finishing top do you?? Dear oh me!

That's what's wrong with the sport.League winners deserve some kind of recognition for finishing top imo.Try explaining to someone who don't go to speedway you race a whole league campaign and if you finish top you don't automatically win the league.Some would think it's crazy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh come on!!! We were winning 95% of the meeting last time and now we are getting the thrashed. No one is that thick to think it's genuine are they? It's either 1. Matt wants KL in SF or 2. Averages must come down, could have Brady at reserve at this rate!! :D

Or maybe it's a bit of both. 

Isn’t that a summary why we are where we are? ‘Averages’ can certainly serve their purpose, also the route of much evil. Paying customers just want to see two teams going for it, not a pantomime. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

After that Kings Lynn are bound to chose us in the playoffs if they finish top. All they will have to do is turn up. Somerset clear favourites. N B Jakobsen at reserve is far, far superior to Allen, and they are bound to use him all the way.

Won't be able to use him for Allen next month.NBJ's Championship average goes up to 6.40 in a couple of days.

On 8/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The Championship should have NO SAY in Premiership matters going forward.

In 2019, if Championship clubs wish to continue on a Thursday they have 2 options:- lose all priority to rider's in the Premiership or step up a division. 

where are all your so called premiership riders going to come from then , the N.J.L. ? 

ERIK RISS .... EDINBURGH.

TY PROCTOR....WORKINGTON.

M.P.T .... SOME OTHER TEAM !

SIMON LAMBERT .... PETERBOROUGH .

RICHIE WORRALL.... EDINBURGH . 

NICOLAI KLINDT .... WORKINGTON .

CHRIS HARRIS .... GLASGOW .

DONT KNOW WHERE THE POOLE NO 7 RIDES, THINK ITS BERWICK ?

so 1/2 of the 14 riders ride in the championship ..  prob more !

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nice story bro, simple no i don't go would have done.

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You seem to spend a lot of time on here about this meeting considering you think it was a nothing meeting:blink:.This result has obviously hurt a bit.

That's what's wrong with the sport.League winners deserve some kind of recognition for finishing top imo.Try explaining to someone who don't go to speedway you race a whole league campaign and if you finish top you don't automatically win the league.Some would think it's crazy.

Nah I'm just on here because I'm debating with other Poole fans on twitter if i'm a 'Brady basher' or not! :D I'm alternating between the two websites and laughing at KL fans who think the Poole riders were actually trying 100%

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

where are all your so called premiership riders going to come from then , the N.J.L. ? 

ERIK RISS .... EDINBURGH.

TY PROCTOR....WORKINGTON.

M.P.T .... SOME OTHER TEAM !

SIMON LAMBERT .... PETERBOROUGH .

RICHIE WORRALL.... EDINBURGH . 

NICOLAI KLINDT .... WORKINGTON .

CHRIS HARRIS .... GLASGOW .

DONT KNOW WHERE THE POOLE NO 7 RIDES, THINK ITS BERWICK ?

so 1/2 of the 14 riders ride in the championship ..  prob more !

Don't forget Thomas Jorgensen,Redcar.

Poole's No7 Jakobsen doesn't ride in the Championship

Stars are the new form team. Excellent win for them.

no one will want to race them in the Semis. My pick for the title now.