British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

If Poole get first go in the play offs? Who will they pick ? Can’t see it being Somerset then again Belle Vue go well at Wimborne. Kings Lynn are the Team Back in form at the right time with 9 wins from thier last 10 meetings. 

Difficult to win anything with out a true no 1

41 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Surely thats mid morning form !!!

Kasper just couldn’t get off the starts last night. Chased shadows.

Matt could have got Klindt at Lynn tomorrow but decided not to bother, as this meeting is a dead rubber for Poole and it would probably have cost a fee to his Danish club. We are not going to finish top and are in the playoffs so the result is not important to us. It is for Kings Lynn who need the points to finish top. 

I think the result will be around 50-40. Klindt will be missed as he is on very good form and his gating is the best in the league, bar perhaps Doyle.  It was so good last night the ref called it back and he got a warning when in truth it was just a perfect start.

Most important tomorrow is for the Poole guys to play around with set ups in case we go there in the playoffs.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

44 minutes ago, semion said:

If Poole get first go in the play offs? Who will they pick ? Can’t see it being Somerset then again Belle Vue go well at Wimborne. Kings Lynn are the Team Back in form at the right time with 9 wins from thier last 10 meetings. 

Difficult to win anything with out a true no 1

I cant see Poole having first choice.   Both Lynn and Somerset have matches in hand,  I will be most surprise if both don't finish ahead of Poole.   For them to be in with a chance their match at Lynn tomorrow is a must win, else they will be 3 points behind with just Wolves to play at home.   Even if they win at Lynn it still wouldn't guarantee 1st place ,   so no doubt Matt Ford has already resigned himself to the selection of others....   The ball is firmly in Kings Lynn court now,  especially  with matches in hand and the riders all peaking at the right time.  After so many years,  It will be only fitting if we can finish top of the pile and have that first choice.    

Me,   Assuming the other teams are  BV and Somerset, my thinking would be to leave Poole alone.   Have never liked the Dorset track, it makes it too much of a lottery.  From my experience the bad tracks outnumbers the good many times.    The other teams in the Play-off  all have decent tracks that can be raced on.    The NSS  is the pinnacle of track design, always giving both teams a chance, so for that reason,  my choice would be Belle Vue...    Also,  from my memory,   Somerset go reasonably well at Poole and could quite possibly beat them,   Giving us a final of 2 teams  that have never won the top league before.      This could be a momentous finale of a troubled season for our sport.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

I’d choose Belle Vue. Best speedway track in the country over poles motor cross track. Somerset all have good Poole experience and seem to have their number. Somerset vs kings lynn would be an amazing final! Belle Vue would be tough too though 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Think KL fans are underestimating Somerset a bit. Ah well, your downfall I suppose.

Don't think any Lynn fans are underestimating Somerset whatsoever.If you read it properly most Lynn fans apart from Danny Smith would prefer to ride Belle Vue if they make it and if Lynn got the choice in the semi final.The reason being Lynn don't do so well against Poole.This would leave Poole v Somerset in the other semi,the only team that could beat Poole over 2 legs.Now we are not underestimating Somerset at all it's just that we feel we would have a better chance if we were to face Somerset in the final rather than Poole.

I tried to make it a bit clearer for you,maybe we put things differently up here to you lot from down South:D

• Like 2

Not underestimating anybody.   I'm well aware all teams have a chance ,   and its all down to how you go on the night.       After waiting so long,   probably more than most ,  we  have never been better placed  than we are now.     

But feet firmly on the ground.     :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Think KL fans are underestimating Somerset a bit. Ah well, your downfall I suppose.

Where on earth have you got that from? 

• Like 2

Okay, so in essence you don't want Poole cos you don't think KL can beat them, but you want Somerset for the final cos you can potentially beat them cos they are easier but they would have to be better than Poole to knock them out...

Or maybe you are just overestimating Poole. Atm all you have to do on our track is gate and stay on the inside not hang on to the boards. Somerset riders learnt that a lot quicker than Poole riders like Brady and Harris on Mon. 

The champs are either Somerset or Poole. If they meet in the semi final, the winner of that will win the final.

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay, so in essence you don't want Poole cos you don't think KL can beat them, but you want Somerset for the final cos you can potentially beat them cos they are easier but they would have to be better than Poole to knock them out...

Or maybe you are just overestimating Poole. Atm all you have to do on our track is gate and stay on the inside not hang on to the boards. Somerset riders learnt that a lot quicker than Poole riders like Brady and Harris on Mon. 

Some riders a suited to different tracks.It seems more Somerset riders a suited to Poole's track than Lynn riders.

By the looks of ht 15 on Monday you can't ride too close to the inside or else you will be going home with two extra tonsils and a high pitched voice:D

Edited by tellboy

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Depends whether it is lunchtime form or evening form!

Or mid morning form according to some others!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole is a bit of a niche track. It’s not for everybody and last time we were there it almost cost us half our team. Its a bumpy old track and I’d rather have that in the final if we have to have it at all. It’s like the old days when Eastbourne set the track up in ways some teams hated and lakesides tight mini track. Poole is a bone shaker. Somerset have lots of experience of the Poole track through riders who have ridden for them in the past and the fact they have been there a couple of times recently and ran them close. In fact if Somerset finished top they would probably choose Poole because I feel they have them in their pocket. All 4 teams are even apart from pooles bumpy track. On a bad day their own riders even hate it.

somerset/Belle Vue and Lynn are evens I’d say over 2legs with fair tracks

For me it’s pretty simple, we have had two hidings at your place this season but have won at Belle Vue and drawn at Somerset, two tracks which suit us much better. I believe we can beat the Rebels and Aces over two legs but have a much smaller chance against Poole. Therefore I believe we need to finish top, pick Belle Vue and hope that we beat them and Somerset beat Poole.

Nobody is being underestimated.